• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blatant black hypocrisy

minarchist

When OJ Simpson, who is obviously guilty, was acquitted, the majority of blacks were ecstatic. Now, when a man who clearly rightfully defended his life against a violent thug has been acquitted, the majority of blacks are upset.

What is wrong with individual blacks who cheered the Simpson verdict and are throwing a $hit fit over the Zimmerman verdict?

WalkingWolf

Because Uncle Sam has created a system that panders to bigotry and racism. Black people just like white people are prone to opportunity of the system. People of all races in this country have been cultured like pearls for the monarchy.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If OJ was so obviously guilty, how did the jury manage to blow their decision?

As for your question - the answer is indeed obvious. Their side lost (as in things did not go the way they wanted them to go).

Or did you want to delve deeply into the sociological theories of inferiority and persecution complexes?

stay safe.

eye95

OJ obviously did it. I believe the jury knew it. But they were looking for something, anything to hang the not-guilty hat on, and found it with the moronic rap, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

What happened in the OJ trial was just as much a racist miscarriage of justice as when, in the Jim Crowe South, an all-white jury found a black man guilty on scant evidence.

The problem is there shouldn't be black and white "sides." The sides should be pro-justice and pro-thuggery--and pro-justice should win. Folks for an OJ acquittal and folks for a Zimmerman conviction are on the pro-thuggery side, or horribly misinformed, or both.

sudden valley gunner

OJ obviously did it. I believe the jury knew it. But they were looking for something, anything to hang the not-guilty hat on, and found it with the moronic rap, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

What happened in the OJ trial was just as much a racist miscarriage of justice as when, in the Jim Crowe South, an all-white jury found a black man guilty on scant evidence.

The problem is there shouldn't be black and white "sides." The sides should be pro-justice and pro-thuggery--and pro-justice should win. Folks for an OJ acquittal and folks for a Zimmerman conviction are on the pro-thuggery side, or horribly misinformed, or both.

The blue part I absolutely agree with.

The other part not so much both OJ and Zimmerman trials went exactly how they should have for the legal system to work properly. If you cannot Prove beyond a reasonable doubt don't convict. Unfortunately it appears that in many cases that are not highly publicized circumstantial evidence, the police and prosecutors word and a hunch are good enough.

eye95

I disagree. The OJ trial, based on the evidence presented, should have resulted in a conviction. The jury did an unprincipled nullification just to let a black man off. And Z should never have been brought to trial. That there was a trial was the injustice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

I disagree. The OJ trial, based on the evidence presented, should have resulted in a conviction. The jury did an unprincipled nullification just to let a black man off. And Z should never have been brought to trial. That there was a trial was the injustice.

<o>

No smoking gun.....we once were taught there had to be a smoking gun in civics class years ago, and my teacher was an ex cop............guess we don't need that anymore.

Do I think OJ did it yep, but that's not good enough for me to send a man to prison because government officials presented a hypothesis.

eye95

There never had to be a smoking gun. That is a metaphor.

There has to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. There was that in the OJ case. There was that in the Z case--just proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it was self-defense, even though Z did not have to clear that bar.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

There never had to be a smoking gun. That is a metaphor.

There has to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. There was that in the OJ case. There was that in the Z case--just proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it was self-defense, even though Z did not have to clear that bar.

<o>

I know it's a metaphor a metaphor to mean.......solid evidence.

We'll just have to disagree on this, for me there was no proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

WalkingWolf

There was more to OJ being found not guilty than just the gloves. But planting of one glove, and planting of other evidence clearly blew the case. And then there was the lying detective who had former contact with Nicole, and a obvious crush, besides being clearly racist.

IF, and that is a big if, if OJ did not do it MF did. He had the motive, and the opportunity, and the ability to manipulate the evidence. He hated blacks, he hated Jews, and it's possible, not probable, but possible he caught Nicole with a Jew.

I don't think it was the glove that lost the case but the corrupt police detective that lost it. The worse part of it was that the prosecution knew he was dirty and they used him anyway. They blew it.

During the time I thought there was reasonable doubt the detective may have been the killer.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

There was more to OJ being found not guilty than just the gloves. But planting of one glove, and planting of other evidence clearly blew the case. And then there was the lying detective who had former contact with Nicole, and a obvious crush, besides being clearly racist.

IF, and that is a big if, if OJ did not do it MF did. He had the motive, and the opportunity, and the ability to manipulate the evidence. He hated blacks, he hated Jews, and it's possible, not probable, but possible he caught Nicole with a Jew.

I don't think it was the glove that lost the case but the corrupt police detective that lost it. The worse part of it was that the prosecution knew he was dirty and they used him anyway. They blew it.

During the time I thought there was reasonable doubt the detective may have been the killer.

Good points the whole case was a circus that alone would have compelled me as a juror to say not guilty.

minarchist

Why are a few so consumed by the actions of a few individuals that happen not to share the same pigmentation of their own skin?

Simple statistical methods can be used to show that the number of individuals falling into both groups (e.g., elated over Simpson's acquittal and butthurt over Zimmerman's acquittal) is quite high.

As for why I care? Well they're the ones who care about race to the point that many of them are resorting to racially-motivated violenence. Please share your thoughts on THAT.

Vitaeus

Florida Statute, not my home state so if the cite is not the most applicable...

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

(2) Is the kicker, if LEO/DA "thinks" they have Probable Cause, which is waaaaay lower than "beyond reasonable doubt", they are able to charge and bring to trial. I do think they prosecution "overcharged", but I am not a lawyer to be able to define what is enough evidence to use this section of their law to end up where we are today.

OC for ME

Why is the sky blue?

Why is water wet?

Why do they call it the Internal Revenue Service when they have to go external to the government to get money and they provide little service.

sudden valley gunner

Simple statistical methods can be used to show that the number of individuals falling into both groups (e.g., elated over Simpson's acquittal and butthurt over Zimmerman's acquittal) is quite high.

As for why I care? Well they're the ones who care about race to the point that many of them are resorting to racially-motivated violenence. Please share your thoughts on THAT.

And your continual focus on it is feeding the fire. I don't divide or separate my self from other humans because we happen to have a different pigment.

Me personally I think both cases went how they should, but only because they were highly publicized cases.

WalkingWolf

And your continual focus on it is feeding the fire. I don't divide or separate my self from other humans because we happen to have a different pigment.

Me personally I think both cases went how they should, but only because they were highly publicized cases.

Are you sure? I do.

Not to the extent of violence or hatred, and I don't even use my difference for making points. But my pigment does play a part in my center. I try to use common sense over raw emotion though. I use my bias for choices that either please or are beneficial to me, not for frustration or violence, or hatred. Even white people have preferences of other white people based on appearance, same goes for all races.

Ever notice how people who look alike tend to flock together in the lunch room or at parties? Wonder how with so many species of animals that are in the same gene pool tend to not mix based on physical features?

I always found it amazing that when chickens are allowed to free roam, that the chickens that look alike flock together. Keep in mind they have no mirrors to know, but they seem to know. So you may not make choices based on pigment, or you may use your pigment to make intelligent wise choices.