• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class - Richmond, Va Saturday, January 29, 2011

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Proactive Shooters' next Utah permit class will be held on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland, Virginia (just north of Richmond).

The class runs about 6 hours and the cost for the class is $85. Concealed carry enthusiasts know that the Utah permit is the permit to have! The Utah non-resident permit is now valid in 30 states! (34 when combined with a Virginia resident permit)

Come take the class and see why Proactive Shooters is the leader in Utah permit classes in Virginia! You may register online at www.ProactiveShooters.com

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Are there any seats left Jim?

You are not breaking down and giving in to "Da Man", are you?

But then, IIRC, you sat through a class once while someone else was attending in order to pay the poll tax.

Or are you .........?

Nah. Couldn't be.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You are not breaking down and giving in to "Da Man", are you?

But then, IIRC, you sat through a class once while someone else was attending in order to pay the poll tax.

Or are you .........?

Nah. Couldn't be.

stay safe.

No....but Jane has talked about one and as you remember, I don't like her taking the classes alone.

I know Proshooter will give a very comprehensive class and the last one made a good news article.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
How many more states is this gooberment permission slip good for?

The class runs about 6 hours and the cost for the class is $85. Concealed carry enthusiasts know that the Utah permit is the permit to have! The Utah non-resident permit is now valid in 30 states! (34 when combined with a Virginia resident permit)

see above

Last edited:

ProShooter

To rephrase xdm's question:

If someone has a VA CHP, how many more States are added? And which States?

Georgia
Alabama
Washington State
Minnesota

Is there a VCDL discount? And, if so, how much is that?

We do not currently have a special discount set up, but our cost is lower than many of our competitors so there is a savings there.

TFred

Other than someone who plans to travel to those four states not covered by Virginia, the best value for a Utah permit, at least in my opinion, is that Utah knows the value in keeping a "Concealed" permit holders information concealed from those who have no business in knowing that you have it.

Unlike Virginia, where your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, boss, jealous ex-girlfriend, maniac ex-husband, local newspaper reporter, etc, etc, can walk into the local Clerk of the Court office and view your application, and know that you have been issued the permit.

TFred

UglyGun

Other than someone who plans to travel to those four states not covered by Virginia, the best value for a Utah permit, at least in my opinion, is that Utah knows the value in keeping a "Concealed" permit holders information concealed from those who have no business in knowing that you have it.

That is an excellent point!

ProShooter

Unlike Virginia, where your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, boss, jealous ex-girlfriend, maniac ex-husband, local newspaper reporter, etc, etc, can walk into the local Clerk of the Court office and view your application, and know that you have been issued the permit.

TFred

That is an excellent point!

TFred does make an excellent point, and that is one reason that alot of students take the course and obtain the Utah permit.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just an update - class is about half full at this point. Looks like we'll have another super class!

Come take the best Utah permit class in Virginia!

Still working on my schedule Jim. Lots happening at once.
How long is the class?

curtiswr

If the class is half as good as your VA class, I have no doubt that it truly is the best Utah class in the state... not that I have any reason to doubt in the first place! Not to mention that I respect an instructor who uses this board for more than his personal gains and advertising grounds!

Keep on keeping on, Jim. :dude:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If the class is half as good as your VA class, I have no doubt that it truly is the best Utah class in the state... not that I have any reason to doubt in the first place! Not to mention that I respect an instructor who uses this board for more than his personal gains and advertising grounds!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ProShooter

Thank you Curtis! That is very nice of you to say. I do really enjoy teaching the Utah permit class. There's quite a bit of material, but its all good and valuable information whether you open carry or carry concealed. Besides, spending a day with fellow gun owners talking guns is fun!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Less than 10 seats remain available for this class (Our classroom seats 50).

Register quickly if you are interested!

Hopefully you'll have a seat left if and when Jane decides Jim.
I didn't look at the date (It's a Saturday) so I'll be at the farm even if I drive back for breakfast.

I do want to sit in on another one though.