• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Microsoft Excel Spread sheet of FOI requests made to CT. State Police

Edward Peruta

By obtaining information is spreadsheet format the information may be sorted and viewed in many different ways.

With assistance and intervention from, the linked Microsoft Excel Spead Sheet was received.
This spreadsheet documents who is asking the State Police for Records and the status of the logged requests.
This data give a glimpes and evidence of exactly how the DESPP Legal Affairs Unit handles requests.

More speadsheet data of information recieved will be provided in the future through the use of links like the one posted here.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/05.Legal.State/Copy of Peruta spreadsheet all requests redacted.xlsx

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Had to go to your website to DL .. linky no works - a link to the link is below
Link fixed on OP ... click to open/save now

http://www.ctgunrights.com/

Oddly enough, I requested the same file on 4 SEP 13. If you want a copy of the one I get let me know.

So, did they claim any exemption? I see the last entry date in July. So it took 2 mos to get something that should have taken 5 seconds, right?

Seems like Ed doesn't want to tell us if they claimed an exemption ... I see no "NAME" included for:
12-991
12-992
12-1004
13-041
13-047
13-096
13-113
13-162
13-240
13-269
13-456
13-492
13-504
13-537

And with 13-047, the guy filed a complaint before the FOIC (says so right in spreadsheet) ~ so its clear his name should be provided. Indeed, all should be provided. No secret who has convictions. And these ARE NOT redactions .. they are deletions. Once you file a FOI request, the request is public record itself. Once a person files a FOI request, he exposes his ID and what he is seeking from the agency to the public. There are no "sealed FOIA requests" in this state.

If DESPP did not tell you that deletions were performed then they may have committed a crime under CGS Sec. 1-240.

I'll follow up with DESPP asking to inspect the original FOI requests of these...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Done FOI request looking for FOI requests

Dear Miss Plourde & Commissioner Bradford,

I am looking for the FOI requests filed with the following DESPP requests (I am using your reference number as ID for the request):

12-991
12-992
12-1004
13-041
13-047
13-096
13-113
13-162
13-240
13-269
13-456
13-492
13-504
13-537

Please let me know when I can INSPECT (not looking for copies at this time) the records requested.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, here is an interesting FIC decision regarding estopple issues, paragraph 18 & 19 of the linked case here:
http://www.ct.gov/foi/cwp/view.asp?a=4162&Q=530084

Also, in respect to the spreadsheet ... I'll be getting it soon...email snip below:

You should expect to receive the spreadsheet soon. I will have that request moved to the top of the pile.

Christine P. Plourde, Esq.

But I do have a FIC complaint that will touch on the subject of DESPP having rules and procedures that abrogate the FOI Act.

My request for a spreadsheet was made 4 sep .... I should have gotten it by now. I also know that DESPP has another set of responsive records (a whooping 5-10 pages ~ yeah, a real burden) that they have been sitting on since 15 JUL 13...sitting at the legal dept.

Maybe its time for a sit-in/hunger strike there? That pile that Christine refers to has to be the size of Mt. Everest.

I'll be getting my spreadsheet through the polite but firm demand that the act be complied with and after several communications that I included the commissioner on (the last one I cc-ed the commish ~ I guess he understood my jist and ordered the record produced w/o unneeded delay).

Last edited:

Adam Cook

By obtaining information is spreadsheet format the information may be sorted and viewed in many different ways.

With assistance and intervention from, the linked Microsoft Excel Spead Sheet was received.
This spreadsheet documents who is asking the State Police for Records and the status of the logged requests.
This data give a glimpes and evidence of exactly how the DESPP Legal Affairs Unit handles requests.

More speadsheet data of information recieved will be provided in the future through the use of links like the one posted here.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/05.Legal.State/Copy of Peruta spreadsheet all requests redacted.xlsx

It amazes me how state agencies and municipalities can get away with SUCH ****** SPREADSHEETS. I'd TOTALLY get fired for a spreadsheet like this.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It amazes me how state agencies and municipalities can get away with SUCH ****** SPREADSHEETS. I'd TOTALLY get fired for a spreadsheet like this.

Yeah, it looks like the product of a HS freshman ...

But at least they have something ! Ta-Da ! And they use it to add their little notes....nice.