• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today I Was Turned Into a Criminal By My Government

onus

Today I was turned into a criminal by my congress and my president.

Did I hurt someone ? No

Did I steal something ? No

What did I do ? Nothing !!

I became a criminal not for something I did but rather for something that I DIDNT do.

I purchase health insurance so now I am a criminal.

Tawnos

Can you cite what criminal law you think you would be violating for not having insurance?

Tawnos

That's not a crime for not buying insurance. And, in fact, the very source you cite says the following: "In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."

onus

That's not a crime for not buying insurance. And, in fact, the very source you cite says the following: "In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."

The government is not telling the truth.

Obamacare itself did not add a specific code or statute to the federal Title 18. However, its a CRIME to not pay the IRS.

Lets see what happens when someone doesn't pay their fine to the IRS.

OC for ME

"timely pay" is not the same as "will not" pay.

timely = late.....sorry.

will not = up yours, I ain't gunna pay!

Jeff. State

Banned

Sure...........

Don't pay a "penalty" to the IRS and see what happens to you.

beebobby

IMHO it is foolish for anyone not to have health ins. because they hate the Pres. Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

"If you think you're hurting Obama by not getting health insurance, trust me, he'll be fine either way.”
John Legend

OC for ME

IMHO it is foolish for anyone not to have health ins. because they hate the Pres. Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

"If you think you're hurting Obama by not getting health insurance, trust me, he'll be fine either way.”
John Legend
Opinion based on emotion not fact, accusation without evidence to justify the accusation. Again, typical liberal, drawing from the liberal playbook.

Many of our fellow citizens had health insurance before Obamacare who no longer have health insurance. I personally know of five. They did nothing to warrant their current situation, that is all on Obama. High irony, all five of those folks voted for Obama.

sudden valley gunner

Opinion based on emotion not fact, accusation without evidence to justify the accusation. Again, typical liberal, drawing from the liberal playbook.

Many of our fellow citizens had health insurance before Obamacare who no longer have health insurance. I personally know of five. They did nothing to warrant their current situation, that is all on Obama. High irony, all five of those folks voted for Obama.

Plus the fact that if something may be foolish it doesn't justify state interference.

Also foolish is a personal based opinion. Many may have a different opinion for many different reasons.

onus

John Legend

Actually almost every study shows its foolish to have insurance if you are under 50 yrs old.

I haven't had insurance for 21 years. Guess what I do........I actually save some money every year for emergency health care costs.

What if I have a catastrophic medical event ? I did. The bill came to $91,000. However, every state and hospital offers a cash payment option that matches Medicare reimbursement rates. I paid $8,200 total.

If I had purchased a health insurance plan for the last 21 years at an average price of $6,000 per year I would have paid $126,000 for insurance PLUS the costs of the actual care.

Since I didn't have insurance I paid cash and averaged about $500 per year on health care costs. That comes to $10,500 plus the cost of the "major event" comes to about $19,000.

So lets see....

Having health insurance = $126,000

Not having insurance = $19,000

Jeff. State

Banned
Actually almost every study shows its foolish to have insurance if you are under 50 yrs old.

I haven't had insurance for 21 years. Guess what I do........I actually save some money every year for emergency health care costs.

What if I have a catastrophic medical event ? I did. The bill came to $91,000. However, every state and hospital offers a cash payment option that matches Medicare reimbursement rates. I paid $8,200 total.

If I had purchased a health insurance plan for the last 21 years at an average price of $6,000 per year I would have paid $126,000 for insurance PLUS the costs of the actual care.

Since I didn't have insurance I paid cash and averaged about $500 per year on health care costs. That comes to $10,500 plus the cost of the "major event" comes to about $19,000.

So lets see....

Excellent post.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidmcbeth

Banned

You asked, I provided. You no likely. From same tree IMO. Oh well.

Tawnos

"timely pay" is not the same as "will not" pay.

timely = late.....sorry.

will not = up yours, I ain't gunna pay!

The wording says, in short: "failing to timely pay won't result in criminal charges." It doesn't say "if a user timely pays they won't be charged criminally." There are civil penalties. Wage garnishment, automatic deduction from money the government would otherwise be returning to you. Yet not criminal charges.

davidmcbeth said:
You asked, I provided.
You provided evidence that it wouldn't be a crime. Thanks.

2AFriendly

So lets see....

Thank you! I tell people this - they look at me like I have two heads.

Jeff. State

Banned
The wording says, in short: "failing to timely pay won't result in criminal charges." It doesn't say "if a user timely pays they won't be charged criminally." There are civil penalties. Wage garnishment, automatic deduction from money the government would otherwise be returning to you. Yet not criminal charges.

Increasing the amount of CHAINS OF SLAVERY the .gov already has on every Amecian citizen who chooses to support themselves by exchanging their LIFE (time, skills, labor.) in return for monetary payment.

Tawnos you seem to be excusing and condoning a form of slavery/theft/coersion/etc.!

The IRS is a flat out EVIL entity and the moment I heard it was to be the ENFORCER for "healthcare reform", I knew it would be MANY steps backward not a leap forward for the People of this country.

Last edited:

MaxPower

King George III would be proud of our current government. They figured out how to tax us for NOT buying something.

davidmcbeth

Banned
King George III would be proud of our current government. They figured out how to tax us for NOT buying something.

Yeah, and I love how people think that filing a lawsuit (to the same gov't) is going to offer relief. They sound like subjects of the British in 1775.