• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOCAL meeting, July 7, 2010

sraacke

The monthly business meeting of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) will be held Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 6:30pm at the Shoneys Resturant in LaPlace, La (highway 51 near I-10). LOCAL members are strongly encouraged to attend. This is an open meeting and anyone interested in open carry is welcome to attend.
www.laopencarry.org

Paul E. Blouin

LOCAL meeting

The monthly business meeting of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) will be held Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 6:30pm at the Shoneys Resturant in LaPlace, La (highway 51 near I-10). LOCAL members are strongly encouraged to attend. This is an open meeting and anyone interested in open carry is welcome to attend.
www.laopencarry.org

Where in Shoney's will the group meet? Do you have a designated room set aside or depending on the number showing up, you sit any where that accomodates the group?

sraacke

We meet in the "Family Room" in the rear of the resturant. Just enter the building, go toward the buffet and then take a right.
This meeting is our normal monthly business meeting. As usual, we will be taking care of lots of stuff. Sgt Reavis of the LSP CHP division has been invited to join us. He hasn't commited to being there yet but we hope to see him there. We will be having a business lawyer speak on incorporation. Our webpage build is on the agenda. We will discuss our efforts to Adopt-A-Road for a future litter pickup. We are working on a letter to Law Enforcement agencies regarding the legality of Open Carry. We are returning to St Helena Parish to address the Police Jury regarding their rewrite of a pair of ordinances regarding firearms. Of course we can't forget about planning for our table at the Kenner Gun and Knife Show.
If you want to join us or learn more about LOCAL please drop by the Shoneys in LaPlace Wednesday evening.

Last edited: