• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Easiest non-residend CPL along I-5

Flanders007

this should help

got this from a thread over at
http://www.oregonconcealedcarry.com/index.php?showtopic=4489

Grant County Announces Pro-Gun Policy Towards Non Residents.

While most of the recipients of our alerts are Oregon residents, we are pleased to be able to report that at least one Oregon County has announced a formal policy of encouraging non-residents to apply for concealed handgun licenses.

Grant County Sheriff Glen Palmer has just sent us his new CHL application and asked that we make it available on our website.

You can download it here. (Adobe Acrobat required.)

Of course, Oregon law still limits non-resident applications to residents of adjoining states, but this is clearly a positive development.

For years, one of the most commonly asked questions we have received at Oregon Firearms is "what sheriff is most likely to issue a license to a non-resident?" We can now report that at least one county has a formal policy of issuing.

Sheriff Glenn Palmer told us in a recent e-mail "I am kind of excited about doing this as it is high time that we do something favorable instead of taking something away from gun owners."

We encourage non-resident applicants to visit beautiful Grant County if they are seeking non-resident concealed handgun licenses. Of course, pro-gun residents should consider spending their vacation dollars in a county with such positive policies.

Contact info or the Grant County is available here.

knight_308

Bumpity. Same basic question here - where between Portland and Albany is my best bet for getting a non-resident permit? Grant county is a loooong drive. It'd be nice if their Sheriff would make another trip up here to take applications. Thanks!

1245A Defender

grant co.

Bumpity. Same basic question here - where between Portland and Albany is my best bet for getting a non-resident permit? Grant county is a loooong drive. It'd be nice if their Sheriff would make another trip up here to take applications. Thanks!

good news,, grant co. sheriff is supposed to be at puallup gun show oct 23, 24
to issue oregon cpl to us.
go to maryland firearms safety training coarse, and take the online training for free,
print out your certificate.
the sheriff accepts this as your qualification.
he will do the prints and pics and take your money.
then mail your cpl, no travel needed..
ill be there on saturday the 23rd.

never did take the trip to calif.

Lucky_Dog

Sheriff Palmer is also trying to confirm October 9th in Vancouver.
When I have the address and time I will post it.

Lucky_Dog

Sheriff Palmer in Vancouver area 9 Oct

Sheriff Palmer will be at the Hazel Dell Round Table Pizza, this Saturday 9 Oct between 1:30 & 3:30 PM.

Round Table Pizza: Hazel Dell
616 NE 81st St # A, Vancouver, WA (360) 574-1666

If you have been considering an Oregon CHL, please show up and help make it worth his trip.

knight_308

good news,, grant co. sheriff is supposed to be at puallup gun show oct 23, 24
to issue oregon cpl to us.
go to maryland firearms safety training coarse, and take the online training for free,
print out your certificate.
the sheriff accepts this as your qualification.
he will do the prints and pics and take your money.
then mail your cpl, no travel needed..
ill be there on saturday the 23rd.

never did take the trip to calif.

I confirmed with him that he doesn't have any plans to come up here.

So, that said, is there anyone else I can go to without making the drive to Grant County?

1245A Defender

on the other hand,,,

oh well,,,,

been doin alot of thinkin about this,
the main reason we wait for grant co to apply is two fold,
he has come to us! now he is not coming.
he accepts the maryland on line gun safety course as proof of training.

i wonder if any other co. sheriffs do that?

i looked at the requirements for the non resident oregon cpl,
proof of training is also my dd 214 that shows small arms training.
if any body was willing to traval to vancouver wa to meet for a grant co. cpl.
i think we could just go to columbia, washington, or multnomah counties and apply there.
i think you need to call ahead for an appointment, bring two letters of people that attest that your a good guy!
and finger print cards to save some time.

any body in the know got some feed back for me here???