• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is why we NEED mandatory training

range rat

She was shooting a 45ACP when she's not ready/able to shoot it. I'm sure she would do fine with a 9mm or .380, along with some more PRACTICE under someone who is willing to TEACH her proper TECHNIQUE.

I AGREE ! She was not ready to be Handleing any Fire Arm at all. I don't find this Funny in the least BIT.. An I am a Strong Supporter of Mandatory Training of ANY ONE Who Wishes to Carry a Side Arm, [ as well as a RIFLE ].

hardballer

Now there's an irrefutable argument ...

... for something. Is the "we" you and your Anony Mouse in your pocket?

Exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

Here is what mandatory training gets you. If it doesn't make a difference then there is no point to it. Take your mandatory training somewhere else.

Agreed.

+1

All the mandatory training in the world still cannot fix stupid.

You got that right!

I wish folks were not so casual about rights.

Not every negative human experience or behavior needs government correction or prevention.

Government has already proven beyond the shadow of any doubt at all that it cannot be trusted to protect rights--its sole legitimate purpose.*

When we start calling for, allowing, or even tacitly assenting to mandatory training, we open the door to all sorts of government-manufactured problems. Too stiff requirements. Too expensive requirements. Too onerus requirements. Essentially we open another door to regulating the right to self-defense out of existence. There are plenty in government who would have no problem setting the bar so very high that few could or would invest the time and money into fulfilling the requirements. And, of course, all this has to have criminal sanctions to give it teeth.

Also, if there are mandatory training requirements, then there is justification to deny gun possession, carry, or use until the training requirements are fulfilled. Translation: Nobody who does not fulfill the requirements can possess, carry, or use the state-of-the-art in self-defense equipment.

*Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
Exactly right.

Thank you for the compliment.

But, this is the point. If you let "necessary" become the standard, you open the door to government, special interests, etc., deciding whether a given regulation is necessary.

And, we all know how that works out. This is the very reason Patrick Henry, George Mason, and others lobbied so noisily and hard for a Bill of Rights. "These are things you are forbidden to violate even with your pretextual necessity." "Hands off, bucko!"

Just stick to this mantra: A right is a right is a right is a right! No infringing!
Shall not be infringed. This is important because this government nanny system is so inured in our population that even those who would stand for their rights advocate some level of government protection. As far as I am concerned, Government protection is like a condom with holes in it.

Beware the evil paradigm of consideration, expectation, becomes requirement.
Little by little and then it was gone.

I AGREE ! She was not ready to be Handleing any Fire Arm at all. I don't find this Funny in the least BIT.. An I am a Strong Supporter of Mandatory Training of ANY ONE Who Wishes to Carry a Side Arm, [ as well as a RIFLE ].

I am shaking my head. Keep these people in mind. Not one clue.

Canard

But we have to tolerate them. Kind'a like being a guest in a home where the dog is allowed to beg at dinner, a little sleazy, a little embarrassing, but you can't say anything for fear of insulting the host.

Love that analogy Doug! Maybe one of my all time favorites.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
But we have to tolerate them. Kind'a like being a guest in a home where the dog is allowed to beg at dinner, a little sleazy, a little embarrassing, but you can't say anything for fear of insulting the host.

Like you've never insulted the host? :lol: