• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Checking interest in a Utah permit class in Kentucky

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
We received an email from someone asking about our Utah permit classes. We travel throughout the country conducting this class and would be happy to bring it to Ky. if there is enough interest.

Anyone interested in obtaining a Utah carry permit?

Last edited:

hotrod

What would having a Utah permit do for me? Does it include more states or have some other reason I should have it? I will take a class if there is an upside

Last edited:

jvelie

I lived in MN and took both MN and Utah CCW. When I ended up moving to KY it covered me living here. Now I am getting ready to move to AL and it will cover me moving there too. If I had just taken my MN permit I would have been without CCW for 6 months here in KY.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
35 states recognize KYs permit. why would kentuckians want a utah permit, when that many states honor our own permit? Just throwing that out there, if anyone didnt know. handgunlaw.us will let you in on every state that honors KYs permit

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
35 states recognize KYs permit. why would kentuckians want a utah permit, when that many states honor our own permit? Just throwing that out there, if anyone didnt know. handgunlaw.us will let you in on every state that honors KYs permit

Maybe as a back up permit, maybe someone has an interest in Washington State. We just posted to gauge interest since we received an email from someone in Ky asking us about coming down and doing a class.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Maybe as a back up permit, maybe someone has an interest in Washington State. We just posted to gauge interest since we received an email from someone in Ky asking us about coming down and doing a class.

$55.25 for a Washington license, no class, no training. Washington is a shall issue and for non-residents you will have yours in 45 days or less, however you have to visit in person to get one. Some counties have been known to issue a nonresident license before you leave the station (Kitsap County/ Silverdale) as long as you have a current state concealed license.