• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Needs a Handgun at Home in Virginia Beach?

MSC 45ACP

dogs run from gun pointed at them...

Perhaps they're familiar with firearms. German Shepherds are pretty smart dogs. They may have some "range time"
with their "daddy" (currently a resident of the Hoosegow on drug charges).

Last edited:

RR_Broccoli

Body language.

A fleeing human or one in confusion is very different than the posture and staring of one sighting down the barrel of a gun.

The dogs understood the intent of "gonna get you" and left.

Or, it was other reasons. Sorta hard to ask them about it.:D

wylde007

I cannot agree with the last line of the article. It lays the blame on the breed. The breed is not the problem.

I say euthanize the owners.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I cannot agree with the last line of the article. It lays the blame on the breed. The breed is not the problem.

I say euthanize the owners.

Yep!
It always breaks my heart to hurt a dog because the owner is a worthless POS!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Homeowner being chased upstairs is prey. Homeowner turning around and confronting dogs is aggressive/attacking thing that is larger than the two dogs. The doggies may eith have been conditioned to respect humans who stand up to/against them or just never encountered something that big that seemed to be that aggressive/mean/upset at them.

I agree that it is unfair to blame the breed for the failures of the owners. I did not read that the owners were charged with maintaining viscious animals, or that the homeowner has yet sued either the guy in jail or the ex-girlfriend for expenses and damages.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kudos to the lady for having the gun and the wits to get it.

Thought it sooo nice that the neighbor offered to pay for "part" of the expense.
< sarcasm >

MSC 45ACP

Kudos for having the gun, but Doom on her for not having it CLOSER. She shouldn't have had to run upstairs to get it, but on the other hand, she may be one of those that thinks they can get to their "safe room" before Bad Things happen.