• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WisEye SB93 June 9th

Da Po-lock

During Lena Taylor segment (2:29) the Chair stated the Governor could LINE ITEM VETO SB93.
What are the chances Walker would veto the Training portion ?

BROKENSPROKET

During Lena Taylor segment (2:29) the Chair stated the Governor could LINE ITEM VETO SB93.
What are the chances Walker would veto the Training portion ?

Did you catch where she said the Constitutional Carry people may have the same access to the Governor that the Koch brothers have? Very scary.

Da Po-lock

Now Grigsby says "Castle Doctrine will allow you to shoot someone cuz they have the wrong girl scout cookies"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! ! ! ! ! PUKE-PUKE-PUKE

Last edited:

technician

Did you catch where she said the Constitutional Carry people may have the same access to the Governor that the Koch brothers have? Very scary.

Yeah I caught that. If we really had that "access" this bill wouldn't have been amended and it wouldn't be a question. We also wouldn't be sitting here all pissed about the whole situation either.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Were they just in a hurry to start their weekend?

What I would like to know is why, when Grigsby started frothing at the mouth about her WAVE statistics that nobody had any true information for her. Haven't we been feeding lots of numbers and citations to these legislators all along? Or were they just in a hurry to start their weekend and knew the vote was a done deal?

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
It says that the hunter's safty course qualifies as training

LOL I took that when I was about 14 and it was worthless.

I hope it's still on the books for me...

technician

I dug around the house last night and found my old hunters safety certificate. The card was so brittle it broke in half. Hopefully it will still qualify.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

LOL...I took the AACFI concealed ( Florida ) carry class back in Feb of 2006..Glad I kept my Certificate...Cuz I B Trained :) back when I took the Hunters safety class in Jr high school in 1985 I threw away my lame little certificate...

Passive101

I have a Florida permit and took bills class in milwaukee several years ago. Hopefully I still have the paper workfor that. Will they let us carry with out of state permits? Can non residents apply for permits?

Russf

I no longer have the card. Wouldn't it be on record though?

Hey Im in the same situtation and I called the DNR yesturday and I am still on record. You can get a new card at any place that sells Licenses. Wallmart- Gander ect. your covered. I also asked for my Hunters safety Number and she gave it to me on the phone

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Interesting "Substitute Amendment"

It looks like I can use my Utah card as proof of training. Here is another interesting provision that looks like it doesn't require a permit:
The substitute amendment also provides that the offense of carrying a concealed weapon does not apply to any of the following:
An individual who carries a concealed and dangerous weapon in his or her own dwelling or place of business or on land that he or she owns, leases, or legally occupies.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have a Florida permit and took bills class in milwaukee several years ago. Hopefully I still have the paper workfor that. Will they let us carry with out of state permits? Can non residents apply for permits?

We will have to see but my reading of the memo says they won't honor WI residents with out of state permits, except for using that as proof of training, and that they won't issue WI permits to non-residents.