• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida has preemption right

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Pre-emption?

Yes they do but now it can be enforced with fines. Excellent. Florida also has a law that makes it illegal to create any semblance of a "gun registry" with fines up to $5 MILLION per occurrence.

Rock and Roll!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Governor Rick Scott is my hero!

Great quote from the article:
Gov. Rick Scott has sent a clear message that the right to bear arms enshrined in the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is not a parking regulation or a picnic permit to be issued, denied or changed at the whim of any middling bureaucrat. Wow. I must be dreaming.
Wow! I wonder if the Brady bunch ever holds their convention in Florida...NOT! :banana:

Packfanatic

Very True But.....

Yes, he is, but Gov. Walker is not as strong on the 2A as Gov. Scott is. He has proved that very well.

I just emailed that article to Rep. Ripp and Galloway as well. At least they may see this as an opportunity to stop no wray( madison) and the milwaukee people from attempting to enacting this type of law? Email is free so that is a good thing no harm no foul.

As for Walker... well better than Doyle lol !!
Carry On Carry Open

vermonter

Yes, he is, but Gov. Walker is not as strong on the 2A as Gov. Scott is. He has proved that very well.
Let me guess you are referring to the fact that Gov Walker did not pass "Consitiutional Carry"? Well, Gov Scott (FL) also had the chance to pass OC in Florida and caved in to allow "brief OC". Be glad you have any carry in your state considering what you had before! You can always move to Illinois if you want to complain about a governor! Here in Vermont we have no license, also NO reciprocity and NO GFSZA exemption. Let's see you have full OC, Nov 1 Vehicle OC, penalties for cops violating, reciprocity, GFSZA exemption, CCW with a permit with VERY FEW restrictions. Seems like WI went from a state with nothing to being one of the better states. Some of the posters on here are the kind of PPL that if they had NOTHING and won the lottery, they would complain b/c they had to pay taxes on it! Be happy for what you got, it's MUCH better than Vermont, I know I live here. What you need is "stand your ground law".

BROKENSPROKET

Let me guess you are referring to the fact that Gov Walker did not pass "Consitiutional Carry"? Well, Gov Scott (FL) also had the chance to pass OC in Florida and caved in to allow "brief OC". Be glad you have any carry in your state considering what you had before! You can always move to Illinois if you want to complain about a governor! Here in Vermont we have no license, also NO reciprocity and NO GFSZA exemption. Let's see you have full OC, Nov 1 Vehicle OC, penalties for cops violating, reciprocity, GFSZA exemption, CCW with a permit with VERY FEW restrictions. Seems like WI went from a state with nothing to being one of the better states. Some of the posters on here are the kind of PPL that if they had NOTHING and won the lottery, they would complain b/c they had to pay taxes on it! Be happy for what you got, it's MUCH better than Vermont, I know I live here. What you need is "stand your ground law".

Ya know, I got a couple of points here.

We have had Open Carry statewide since 1995 when the state preemption law was passed and it became Constitutional 1998. It just took about a decade for us to catch on.

We were the 49th state to get Conceal Carry. Many people like to think that we were ranked the 49 out of 51. I don't see it that way. Wisconsin is a Constitutional Open Carry State. That ranked us better than 49. We were better off than New York, New Jersey, California, Hawaii, DC and maybe one or two more. Now with one of the best Shall Issue Permit system and Costitutional Open Carry, I have heard that we may be ranked 5.

The sentiment I have against Gov.Walker, when Constitutional Carry had alot of momentum, he made it very clear that he did not want it on his desk. He said on the campaign he would sign whatever got to his desk, then made sure it wouldn't get there.

Vermonteers and Wisconsinites until 11/1/11 have had the very same options to carry in other states. Get non-resident permits.

It may take us another year or so to get 'Stand Your Ground'. This year it looks like we are only going to get Castle Doctrine for home, business and vehicle with no duty to retreat.

Last edited:

handyman

Bravo on a factual post. I am very happy with what we have gained. You are spot on about the some of the posters statement.

AaronS

... Be happy for what you got, it's MUCH better than Vermont, I know I live here. ...

For real? We should just be happy with the laws that our Government gives us? Because Vermont does not have it as good as we do? For real?

We worked hard to get what we will have. If some feel that it is not enough, I say keep fighting for what you want. Never give up!

Now, if you are so unhappy with the (gun) laws of Vermont, I could only recommend that YOU start working to see YOUR laws changed. Hey, someday you too could have it as good as we do...

protias

For real? We should just be happy with the laws that our Government gives us? Because Vermont does not have it as good as we do? For real?

We worked hard to get what we will have. If some feel that it is not enough, I say keep fighting for what you want. Never give up!

Now, if you are so unhappy with the (gun) laws of Vermont, I could only recommend that YOU start working to see YOUR laws changed. Hey, someday you too could have it as good as we do...

And yet, most of us dream of the day when we have it as good as VT.

LaBomba

Thanks for noting the mispelling. I'm embarrassed. At least I did say peemption, could have been worse. I hope it didn't detract from the significanse of the article.

Akkkk.... I sincerely apologize if my chiding contributed to the embarrassment. I flub darn near continously -- just the other day, I asked a school principal if our school still teaches "behind-the-wheel sTimulation."

vermonter

Aaron, I understand your point. Some of us have been pushing for "permit option" here in VT. I for one would be the first in line to get one. The reality is that there is not perfect system, and when you factor in the jack booted police it is FAR from perfect in any state. At least with a permit option I can wipe that little piece of paper under the officers nose and not get dragged out of my car until he "can verify I am not a person prohibited". Your legislature governor addressed that with penalities for the police, we have no such law in VT. I would love to see full constitutional carry nationwide with no harassment and no restrictions. I don't think we will see that in our lifetime. Guys like Cho and Lougner don't help our cause either. They even tried to make Joe Zamudio look like a nut job! Link: http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-01-11/news/27086997_1_hero-giffords-arizona-killer

"Hey, someday you too could have it as good as we do". I really hope so! I would love to have a law that says the cops can't harass, reciprocity, and GFSZA!