• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 2522 Passed the Senate Today at 4:53 pm. 39-2

Bullbuster

As it stands right now and has been for quite some time you can OC on your own private property or any private property with that owners concent. I recently quit a job that allowed me to OC everyday at work. In fact every employee OC'd. The boss/ owner is LEO and 3 other employees are also LEO's. Once we left the property line we had to CC. So a bill that states this very same thing iss pointless other than having it on the books in black and white and calling it an OC bill. An OC bill should be anywhere you can CC at a minimum.

cloefke

HB 2522 and SB 1733

The SDA allows carrying of a concealed weapon. This would allow you to open carry on your own property without a permit.

I've been reading the thread and ran across this article from today's NewsOK.com...

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-house-passes-open-carry-measure/article/3670106#ixzz1tFlLnQ9q

It goes beyond the OC on private property, and after looking at the original document on scribd.com, both the HB and SB took the current Oklahoma SDA and rewrote key words and passages, adding the term "unconcealed weapon" in most sentences alongside "concealed weapon". The Senate Amendment was struck down, which called for a true OC based on the 2nd Amendment. I personally don't have a problem with having to be licensed to carry openly, but again, that's just my own opinion. All current authorizations and restrictions of the OK SDA will still stand with the changed wording for OC for licensed residents.

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum and I hope to enjoy many conversations here.

cloefke
Lawton, OK

hrdware

As it stands right now and has been for quite some time you can OC on your own private property or any private property with that owners concent. I recently quit a job that allowed me to OC everyday at work. In fact every employee OC'd. The boss/ owner is LEO and 3 other employees are also LEO's. Once we left the property line we had to CC. So a bill that states this very same thing iss pointless other than having it on the books in black and white and calling it an OC bill. An OC bill should be anywhere you can CC at a minimum.

Your employer may have allowed it, but that doesn't make it correct due to the letter of the law. Most incorporated cities have ordinances against discharging a firearm within the city limits. Title 21 Section 1272 specifies when one can open carry and in an incorporated city you could not claim an exemption under Paragraph A, subsection 1, which is for recreational purposes.

It is illegal for me to openly carry a firearm in my own front yard in the city of Moore. This will fix that problem.

cloefke

Your employer may have allowed it, but that doesn't make it correct due to the letter of the law. Most incorporated cities have ordinances against discharging a firearm within the city limits. Title 21 Section 1272 specifies when one can open carry and in an incorporated city you could not claim an exemption under Paragraph A, subsection 1, which is for recreational purposes.

It is illegal for me to openly carry a firearm in my own front yard in the city of Moore. This will fix that problem.

Maybe he worked at H&H!

Aknazer

Maybe he worked at H&H!

Speaking of H&H, where is that bill that wants to remove the $60 cap on CWL classes? Personally I hope it doesn't pass as it allows other individuals to choose how much they want to charge us in order to allow us to exercise our 2A right (which is all sorts of jacked up, having to pay to be allowed to exercise a "right?" bleh).

hrdware

Maybe he worked at H&H!

Even the folks at H&H know they can't OC outside their building. You could be correct though, maybe he means the front door is the property line. There is a fine legal difference between the words "in" and "on".

hrdware

Speaking of H&H, where is that bill that wants to remove the $60 cap on CWL classes? Personally I hope it doesn't pass as it allows other individuals to choose how much they want to charge us in order to allow us to exercise our 2A right (which is all sorts of jacked up, having to pay to be allowed to exercise a "right?" bleh).

That bill died.

hrdware