• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stumped at McDonalds

rushcreek2

A Nigerian immigrant occupational therapist I had dealings with back in the 1990's told me that he thought the biggest problem he saw with Americans was that they are too influenced by Hollywood.

He was absolutely correct. Between the disinformation parlayed by Hollywood, and the so-called "news" media is it any wonder that the average American is so ignorant ?

People spend hours a day on Facebook, and Twitter ....but they don't seem to be interested in using the internet to research what THE LAW actually IS.........

Last edited:

Roverhound

A Nigerian immigrant occupational therapist I had dealings with back in the 1990's told me that he thought the biggest problem he saw with Americans was that they are too influenced by Hollywood.

He was absolutely correct. Between the disinformation parlayed by Hollywood, and the so-called "news" media is it any wonder that the average American is so ignorant ?

People spend hours a day on Facebook, and Twitter ....but they don't seem to be interested in using the internet to research what THE LAW actually IS.........

I don't know, I think the biggest problem with the rest of the world is that they assume we are influenced by Hollywood.

Bellum_Intus

Tommy Lee Jones

I get that "are you a cop?" look/question a lot. It can't be because of how I look! I sincerely think it's because of how I carry myself, more than the mere fact I'm carrying a firearm.

I tell people this all the time, I think it's why in 10 years of OC here in Colorado I've never had any negative LEO contacts.. or any negative ones at all that I can recall..

I truly feel it's how one carries him/herself that creates an assumption.. I'm not gonna fight that one =)

--Rob