• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PF Changs has a gun buster on door

hrdware

I don't think its posted so that it has any legal effect , IMO

There is no legal requirement for sign placement, size, or wording in OK. It is posted, that is all that counts.

The legal effect that it has would be that of trespassing, not a violation of any firearms law.

Randy P

We ate at the Tulsa PF Changs weekend before last and I did not notice a sign. Granted I didn't get down on my hands and knees and look.

Archerman99

Don,
You should go back and give them the OKOCA Letter to Businesses, or email their corporate website.

I don't know who they are owned by and I haven't done any research on them, but we always need more people to step up and be positive, educated activist for individuals legal firearm rights.

donsadlerjr

I am currently researching myself and left a message to talk to the manager. If I don't hear back I am going to call back Friday.

davidmcbeth

Banned
There is no legal requirement for sign placement, size, or wording in OK. It is posted, that is all that counts.

The legal effect that it has would be that of trespassing, not a violation of any firearms law.

I would think that sign placement has a requirement ... it must be able to be seen by a reasonable person...they cannot expect people to get on their hands and knees to read one...

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I would think that sign placement has a requirement ... it must be able to be seen by a reasonable person...they cannot expect people to get on their hands and knees to read one...

Oklahoma law is silent about signs. The legal implication is that the sign COULD be construed as prior notice for trespass. However, a very strong defense could be made in court that the sign was not in a position so as to constitute legal notice. But remember the saying, you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride.

Good job on contacting the establishment to try to convince them to remove the sign.

cbxer55

How's this for sign location? When I first got my permit on 03, the Midwest City Post Office had a sign on the front door. Lat time I was there the sign is gone and there is an NRA sticker in it's place. The No Gun sign is in the building, around the corner to the right. You would not even see it if you had no business around that corner.

Granted we are all supposed to know we cannot carry firearms in the Post Office since it is a government. Stil I find it humorous that they took it off the door and put a NRA sticker there instead. ;-)