• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's build a conspiracy theory!

eye95

To illustrate the silliness of most conspiracy theories, let's build one that has every bit of "evidence" as [stuff] like the Sandy Hook conspiracy does. We'll use the same techniques: questions as "proof," photos that "show" what they don't really, confusion of identities, scientific "facts" misused, genuine (usually incredibly minor) mistakes assumed to be intentional, nefarious, material, and important, and misdirection to a new bit of "proof" as soon as one piece is thoroughly dismantled, usually circling back around to the first bit of discredited "proof" once the last bit is completely refuted.

So, what we need first is a major event, for which there is a simple explanation. Then we need some group with evil intent. We substitute some complicated explanation of how the event was engineered by the group to further their evil intent. Then we will look for "proof," which I guarantee we will be able to uncover!

Suggestions for the major event?

Remember, it does not matter how many people would have to willingly go along or be duped.

Let's have some fun with this. Who knows? It could go viral, and some folks could end up believing it!

Anyone? Bueller?

eye95

I thought I put this in the Social Lounge. Maybe I did. Why would I have put it in General? Don't the mods and admins have the authority to move it? Wouldn't their moving it serve to discredit me and what I am trying to do?

I mean it couldn't possibly be because I made a mistake! Nope. Someone did this! :uhoh:

Anyway, please move the thread to the Social Lounge.

eye95

OK.

Remember, we have to pick an event first.

THEN, if you think squirrels are a group with nefarious intent, you need to find a way to blame them. For example, if you pick the Kennedy Assassination (please don't), you'd find some motive for the squirrels, and then figure out how the squirrels killed Kennedy.

Unless of course you are part of the group of admins, mods, and members who are trying to discredit me and destroy this thread! :uhoh:

motoxmann

here's an event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4TF0imqn5w

conspiracy: the government is secretly training young women for impeccable aim and concentration and reaction times, targeting white males.
and look, she was picked from the audience as a "random volunteer" even though she showed no sign of being overly enthusiastic about it like the girl sitting behind her was

eye95

That is funny. That little girl is GOOD! Well, better than Stiller.

Anyway, are you part of that evil group trying to discredit me by derailing this thread? J'accuse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Freedom1Man

Let's start with the sink holes around the world.

The Government has a large tunnel boring machine that can go 7 miles per day. Maybe the sink holes are the tunnels collapsing because the lizard people don't like the governments boring tunnels underground.

Gil223

So, what we need first is a major event, for which there is a simple explanation. Then we need some group with evil intent. We substitute some complicated explanation of how the event was engineered by the group to further their evil intent. Then we will look for "proof," which I guarantee we will be able to uncover!

Let's have some fun with this. Who knows? It could go viral, and some folks could end up believing it!

Anyone? Bueller?

The current administration will push the envelope of what the American people will tolerate, implementing outrage after outrage, until we actually create the event for them. That way we provide them with the "justification" that they need to unleash some of those 1.6 billion rounds of recently acquired ammo upon us. There you have the group, how it was engineered to provide them with a high level of deniability, and the "truth" will be in the outcome. The truth of any occurrence is always provided by the victor... be it wolf or sheep. :uhoh: Pax...

Talesman

How hard would it be to connect the huge ammo purchase by DHS being needed to both arm and and then practice fire control for the 1,00's of drones that will be plying our skies soon?

The drones are already equipped with monitors to detect armed civilians as well as intercept cell phone calls so using them to take out those so armed or who utter certain key words is not far fetched.

Time for some to change their tinfoil hat for a combat helmet....think it may be necessary.

Hey, you guys asked...I am only complying.

Gil223

The theory of relativity, the theory of gravity, the theory of forward moving time, etc.

Gravity is a law on this planet, and you have no choice but to obey it (if you wish to test that law, step off the roof of a tall building). ;) Pax...

P.S. And time moves forward primarily by general acceptance via the observation of "progress". One would have to achieve a speed of 186,000mph to pause time ("they" say).

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Gravity is a law on this planet, and you have no choice but to obey it (if you wish to test that law, step off the roof of a tall building). ;) Pax...

P.S. And time moves forward primarily by general acceptance via the observation of "progress". One would have to achieve a speed of 186,000mph to pause time ("they" say).

Wouldn't that be per second? :confused:

I remember reading somewhere that they found that even at Jet speeds time changes....I have to go find that again.

Last edited:

eye95

The alteration of the passage of time based upon speed has been demonstrated. Identical, incredibly precise clocks have been compared after one was sent winging around the Earth at over 17,000 mph while the other remained (relatively) "stationary" on the ground. The clock on the spacecraft measured the passage of less time than the one on the ground--and to an extent that verified the theory about time stopping altogether at the speed of light in a vacuum.

Gravity is a phenomenon that we all observe and accept. However, any "laws" on the subject attempt to explain how it works, and all have flaws. Newton was wrong. Einstein was wrong. However, both explanations have enough utility in certain circumstances that we continue to use them with great efficacy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>