• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lautenberg reported to be dead .... that's too bad for fascism -

CharleyCherokee

Name one place where it's illegal for gays to marry? I've yet to hear of a gay couple being arrested or fined for being married.

ADobbs1989

Name one place where it's illegal for gays to marry? I've yet to hear of a gay couple being arrested or fined for being married.

Really? You can't think of a single place where gay couples aren't allowed to get married? Do you happen to be a starfish named Patrick? Because you are obviously living under a rock.

Vermiform

Back on topic: It is too bad his ill conceived laws didn't die with him.

A while back a co-worker told me a story. She came home and found her husband in the bed with a girl from 2 doors down. She chased the naked girl out of the house, then turned around and went back in after her husband. I qoute, "I wooped his little skinny ass and then I beat him again with a plastic coat hanger." The neighbors called the police and when they showed up, she owned up to it and said "hell yeah, I whooped his skinny ass! I found him in bed with that hussy down there!". She was arrested of course and plead guilty to domestic and didn't do any time other than the night she spent in jail. She was fined and had to do community service somewhere. When I explained to her that she could never buy a firearm again, her jaw dropped. She is single now and lives alone with 2 children. I hope she never needs to protect herself or her children......

countryclubjoe

Gov.Christi said today at a press conf, that he was not going to appoint anyone, he is calling for a special election to replace the senator.

We shall see.

Best regards.

CCJ

OC for ME

Except for idk it being illegal in most places for gays to marry? Laws on the books that don't allow atheists to hold office? Intelligent design trying to be forced into public schools? Religious nuts constantly trying to force their religious views into the government? It happens constantly you just don't realize it because you are probably one of the ones doing it.
Making baseless claims as to what I do, or do not do, confirms for all to see that you are incapable of rational discussions on a wide variety of topics. Example: Using the phrase "religious nuts" disqualifies you from further consideration as a rational individual.

The following comment is not directed towards or for the benefit of ADobbs1989. Illegal to marry is different than a marriage not being recognized by a particular state. Gays can get married in a few states, and that marriage is recognized in those states?

Anyway. Lautenberg will not be missed by me. He was anti-liberty and anti-citizen. Unfortunately his legacy will be with us for many years to come.

ADobbs1989

Not trying to have a rational discussion. I just proved you to be wrong. Religious nuts encompasses anyone who seem to think their beliefs deserve to be forced on the public as law, not to be confused with simply religious people. It's necessary to separate the two. You said "no law exists", I showed that you were wrong, and gay marriage is not just a state issue, since 1996 and the DOMA the federal government has not recognized the marriage. Before this act the fed gov recognized any marriage a state recognized. Even though this law has been ruled unconstitutional in many courts, the supreme court has yet to hear a case. All people have the inherent right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. You are either FOR personal liberty, or you are against it. Pick a side and stick to it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by countryclubjoe

Gov.Christi said today at a press conf, that he was not going to appoint anyone, he is calling for a special election to replace the senator.

We shall see.

Best regards.

CCJ
He's a winner ...larda**

David, you've been around long enough to know better than to make insulting remarks. It adds nothing to the forum and reflects negatively on us all. Think you diminish your abilities by playing the joker so frequently.

I don't know if he has a sugar snack problem, is big boned or just more of him to appreciate - all trite at best.

I also don't know the special election process there, but it would seem to remove Christy from the hypo criticism of making a negative appointment.

davidmcbeth

Banned
David, you've been around long enough to know better than to make insulting remarks. It adds nothing to the forum and reflects negatively on us all. Think you diminish your abilities by playing the joker so frequently.

I don't know if he has a sugar snack problem, is big boned or just more of him to appreciate - all trite at best.

I also don't know the special election process there, but it would seem to remove Christy from the hypo criticism of making a negative appointment.

I would think that any politician is open game ... alive or dead ... nature of the beast?

ADobbs1989

Name the place. Cite the law.

*waiting*

How about we just start with my home state, and it's Constitution.

AMENDMENT 774 RATIFIED

Sanctity of Marriage Amendment.

(a) This amendment shall be known and may be cited as the Sanctity of Marriage Amendment.

(b) Marriage is inherently a unique relationship between a man and a woman. As a matter of public policy, this state has a special interest in encouraging, supporting, and protecting this unique relationship in order to promote, among other goals, the stability and welfare of society and its children. A marriage contracted between individuals of the same sex is invalid in this state.

(c) Marriage is a sacred covenant, solemnized between a man and a woman, which, when the legal capacity and consent of both parties is present, establishes their relationship as husband and wife, and which is recognized by the state as a civil contract.

(d) No marriage license shall be issued in the State of Alabama to parties of the same sex.

(e) The State of Alabama shall not recognize as valid any marriage of parties of the same sex that occurred or was alleged to have occurred as a result of the law of any jurisdiction regardless of whether a marriage license was issued.

(f) The State of Alabama shall not recognize as valid any common law marriage of parties of the same sex.

(g) A union replicating marriage of or between persons of the same sex in the State of Alabama or in any other jurisdiction shall be considered and treated in all respects as having no legal force or effect in this state and shall not be recognized by this state as a marriage or other union replicating marriage.

Outlawing gay marriage does not fall within the powers of government, but I'm sure some will say states should have the right to govern how they want. So lets go federal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marriage_Act

Are you for personal liberty? Or for government regulation on personal liberty, that doesn't affect anyone else?

ADobbs1989

Now, find in that law where it says that two same-sex homosexuals may NOT marry each other.

*waiting*

No marriage license shall be issued in the State of Alabama to parties of the same sex.

No marriage license in this country means you are not legally married. Saying "I'm married" does not actually mean you are legally recognized as being married. Gay marriage is BANNED, whether you want to admit it or not. Just because there isn't a law against a gay couple from saying "We are married" doesn't change the fact that they are not.

eye95

It does not mean that they are not married.

So, again, the question remains unanswered: Name the place. Cite the law that says that same sex homosexuals may not marry.

*waiting*

ADobbs1989

It does not mean that they are not married.

So, again, the question remains unanswered: Name the place. Cite the law that says that same sex homosexuals may not marry.

*waiting*

Already did, and yes, I have already pointed out that it DOES in fact mean they are not legally married. Your argument makes as much sense as saying that anyone who says "I'm a doctor" is actually in fact a doctor. Regardless of if they are legally recognized as a doctor. Try that with being a police officer and your ass will be in jail.

eye95

Already did, and yes, I have already pointed out that it DOES in fact mean they are not legally married. Your argument makes as much sense as saying that anyone who says "I'm a doctor" is actually in fact a doctor. Regardless of if they are legally recognized as a doctor. Try that with being a police officer and your ass will be in jail.

Nope. You haven't. You think you have.

However, a careful reading of the question would reveal that you haven't.

Where in the law does it say that they may not marry?

Oh, and your analogy is not apt. There are indeed specific laws that say that you may not practice medicine (I assume that is what you mean by "doctor") without a license and may not impersonate a police officer. Those laws specifically say what one may not do. Care to show me a law that says that a pair of same-sex homosexuals may not marry?

*still waiting*

ADobbs1989

Nope. You haven't. You think you have.

However, a careful reading of the question would reveal that you haven't.

Where in the law does it say that they may not marry?

Oh, and your analogy is not apt. There are indeed specific laws that say that you may not practice medicine (I assume that is what you mean by "doctor") without a license and may not impersonate a police officer. Those laws specifically say what one may not do. Care to show me a law that says that a pair of same-sex homosexuals may not marry?

*still waiting*

You just proved yourself wrong. In order for a couple to be legally recognized as married they must have a marriage license. The same requirement a doctor must have. When the law says the state WILL NOT issue a marriage license, that is the exact same thing as saying "You may not be married". Now I guess we can argue that the government shouldn't have any say on who is married and licenses for marriage are unconstitutional, however until the time they are abolished anyone without a license is not married nor are they eligible for the same benefits as those who do have a license. Until that point and time there is an obvious difference and distinct discrimination from the government on who may or may not be married. Any further non-sense from you will be ignored.

eye95

Again, you completely ignore the fact that the law does not say "may not".

Anyway, I have made the point for anyone thinking rationally, not bigotedly, and that is the person whom I am trying to reach, certainly not you. Since I have surely reached that person and raised the question in his mind, however he chooses to answer it, back-and-forth with you returns to its regular pointlessness.

Moving on.

sudden valley gunner

A comedian said whens the last time we saw a skeleton with big bones.....:p