• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

French TV interviews for the ladies 11/21 Sunday

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
John Pierce has been contacted by a representative of the French TV media. They wish to interview ladies that carry for personal protection.

Time, date and location confirmed.
Sunday, Nov 21st at 9:30 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95......................
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]view map[/FONT]
803 East Parham Rd
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227
[/FONT]
Ladies this is your chance. Bring your kids to if you like, they are golden.

Post here or PM me and let me know your availability.

Have 4 confirmed at this time, but 10 or 15 would be awesome.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Our primary contact is a celebrity in her own right - Sabrina Van Tassel.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888079/

According to what she says, "It is a documentary for the french channel CANAL+ which is like the french HBO and the biggest european network. It airs in 15 different countries."

Let's turn out for this one!

BTW - husbands and BFs are permitted to attend with permission. :lol:
Seriously guys, don't stay away - come show your support.

She will likely be following this forum. I will update as I hear more.

Last edited:

TFred

I wonder if it is the same guy interviewing me on the 27th.. Hmmmm..
Same guy? Guess you missed the photo at that IMDB link? I don't have a spouse or significant other, but I'd be tempted to crash this party just to talk to her myself! ;)

ETA: And Ms. Van Tassel, if you are reading here, please take that as the compliment that it was intended to be... :)

TFred

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I wonder if it is the same guy interviewing me on the 27th.. Hmmmm..

Possibly connected, but Sabrina is definitely NOT a guy.. Her itinerary takes in 3 US cities and she should be back to France by then.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
En francais?

Je parle un petit peu de francais, mais il y a peut-etre trent-cinq ans.

Just kidding - I don't speak that well. Sunday? Richmond? I might be game. What time?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Waiting for confirmation of Sabrina's schedule/arrival time.

My best guess is around 9:30 or 10:00 AM and hoping that River City Diner will work out - allow video taping, maybe in the banquet room if need be.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Waiting for confirmation of Sabrina's schedule/arrival time.

My best guess is around 9:30 or 10:00 AM and hoping that River City Diner will work out - allow video taping, maybe in the banquet room if need be.

I think they will be OK either inside the banquet room or outside as far as the lighting goes.
I'm interviewing an author there on Thursday in the Banquet room and measured the color temperature this evening. Surprisingly, it's close enough to daylight that I only need to add some enhancement lighting.

The Doc crew should be OK with just an LCD panel.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Time, date and location confrmed.

Sunday, Nov 21st at 9:30 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95......................
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]view map[/FONT]
803 East Parham Rd
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
804-266-1500
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Richmond, VA 23227[/FONT]

Note: We may be in the banquet area at left rear if they are crowded.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hoping to make it. Don't know yet if it will be family or just me.

Looks like we will have between 5 and 10 ladies + the male back-up units, still waiting for some confirmations - not bad for a Sunday morning.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
It was a really interesting conversation, even if we were being filmed! Thanks, grapeshot, for putting it together.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It was a really interesting conversation, even if we were being filmed! Thanks, grapeshot, for putting it together.

I thought she was an excellent interviewer. She got the ball rolling and let everyone have their say.

BTW, the film I made was just in case her Doc is out of context. These things are always a crap shoot.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Is there an expected release date?

I kept forgetting to ask that, though it flitted through my mind several times.

She did say she's on to California to meet with a group of Bay Area Open Carry members.

And all this will get edited to 8 minutes!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thank you everybody - great representation.

Fantastic response from a group of dedicated and knowledgeable ladies. Short notice meet ups like this can be difficult to coordinate - you all made it easy, what a team!

Over the course of 3 1/2 hours you educated, explained and demonstrated who and what you are. Many one-on-one conversations, group discussions, lots of video footage and even some time to eat

Sabrina and Cyril (sp?) were a great team and extremely pleasant. After they finish their three city tour, get back home, edit and reedit the footage to it's final form; they will send us a DVD of the finished product as well as post it to U-tube.

John's interview will be accomplished this coming week on their way back home. If there is time, we are going to take Sabrina & Cyril to the range Wed afternoon - they seemed excited at the prospect.