• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Repeal 941.23 Petition 381 signatures, WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO SIGN

LOERetired

[SIZE=+1]NEED MORE SIGNATURES PLEASE

To: The Legislature and Governor of the State of Wisconsin

The people of Wisconsin demand that Wisconsin Statute 941.23 be repealed as it is unconstitutional on its face and in violation of Article I, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution and the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution as was decided in the United States Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), McDonald v. City of Chicago No. 08-1521 (U.S. June 28, 2010, and most recently in Wisconsin under State v. Donald L. Schultz, 2010 WI App 124 Jon M. Counsell Circuit Court Judge presiding for Clark County.

The people of Wisconsin demand their constitutional right to keep and bear arms which is a fundamental right, not created by the Second Amendment, but secured or recognized by it. The right to keep and bear arms is therefore not to be abridged by any State law. Wisconsin Statute 941.23 must be repealed under the application of the Fourteenth Amendment. Therefore, the people of Wisconsin demand the right to keep and bear arms for self defense and protection, whether open or concealed and to enjoy that right without imposing any governmental restrictions in doing so.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Follow the link to sign the Petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/13359477/petition.html

Thanks

Don

[/SIZE]

Last edited:

LOERetired

The shootings in AZ will undoubtedly affect our legislator's decision in this matter.

I agree with McX’s comment in another forum within wisconsincarry.org at:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...of-Arizona-Shot-During-Public-Event-in-Tucson

"This incident should NOT be taken out of context by the anti's to push for more stringent gun laws. this incident should highlight that the threat exists anywhere, any time, to ALL people. and the ability to carry a firearm and defend yourself is becoming critical in our society. the nut jobs and whackos continue to grow in number, the threat to society continues to grow in numbers. the police are there to hold the line, and we as citizens are there to protect ourselves, those in proximity to us, and help the police to maintain order, and defeat threats before they become incidents"

Cowboyridn

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
You posted yesterday in another thread, "The shootings were certainally a tragedy but I can't see any real negative backlash comming from it"

That comment was in the context of our overall 2A rights in the country not being affected.

The hearts and minds of legislators everywhere will certainly be swayed by such a heinous event as far as their personal safety goes.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Signed
thumbsup.gif

LOERetired

Every legislator in the country winced when they heard the news about the tragedy in AZ and imagined it happening to them. To say it won't affect new legislation in WI is ridiculous.

Yes…. and the Wisconsin legislator's will look at the event as a need for self protection for the electives’ of the Wisconsin state senate and legislature, and therefore will be pushing to allow each and every person of the legislative body including citizens of Wisconsin to be authorized to carry concealed for self protection against horrific events as this.

Spartacus

Banned
Yes…. and the Wisconsin legislator's will look at the event as a need for self protection for the electives’ of the Wisconsin state senate and legislature, and therefore will be pushing to allow each and every person of the legislative body including citizens of Wisconsin to be authorized to carry concealed for self protection against horrific events as this.

You'll need to wake up from your dream if you think that this is how they will view it.

jpm84092

just wondering...will signatures made by non-WI residents make a difference??

You raise an excellent point - and I hope so.

I am not a full time resident of Wisconsin, but I am a former full time resident who owns property in Wisconsin and pays some pretty hefty property taxes on my home there. I have many friends in Wisconsin and all of my family lives there. I have a stake in what happens in Wisconsin and I signed the petition. (In retrospect, perhaps I should have added my LaGrange Township, Walworth County, tax parcel number.)