• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another one for the Good Guys!

Dreamer

Apparently, a homeowner in Battleboro successfully defended himself and his family from a band of 4 thugs a few weeks ago, and the youngest one (17)--who was out of Juvenile Detention on a weekend pass--was killed. The other three (one female, two males) have been arrested and are currently incarcerated, pending trial.

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines..._After_Home_Invasion_Shooting_Kills_Teen.html

The wonderful thing about NC law is that the DA has the option to charge the 3 surviving thugs with "Felony Murder", because their comrade was killed during the commission of a felony...

Hopefully the Halifax County DA will pursue this case to the FULLEST extent of the law, and throw the book at these gangsta-wannabees.

The NC State prison in Raleigh currently has over 38,000 male inmates and over 2,800 female inmates, but I'm sure they can find long-term accommodations for three more thugs...

Last edited:

MilProGuy

It's a shame our tax dollars have to pay for the expenses of their incarceration.

Memphis had a penal farm when I was a child. The inmates raised crops for their meals, milked cows at the penal farm dairy for their milk and dairy products, and actually worked on the right of ways of highways picking up trash and cutting weeds with scythes.

Too bad we don't have this system in place today. Guess it wouldn't be "politically-correct", huh?

M

mattwestm

It's a shame our tax dollars have to pay for the expenses of their incarceration.

Memphis had a penal farm when I was a child. The inmates raised crops for their meals, milked cows at the penal farm dairy for their milk and dairy products, and actually worked on the right of ways of highways picking up trash and cutting weeds with scythes.

Too bad we don't have this system in place today. Guess it wouldn't be "politically-correct", huh?

Sounds like a plan. Too bad the crimes they committed aren't exactly politically-correct either. If the government would legalize marijuana and release those with marijuana related crimes, prisons would be slightly less packed.