• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boy now that was interesting

moonie

Fourth floor of a building in Winston-Salem, rocking and rolling about 10 minutes ago. 5.8 Earthquake in VA...

ArmySoldier22

I felt it down in Concord, but at first I didn't think it was an earthquake and that the people downstairs were just being noisy and knocking stuff around lol. It was pretty weak by the time it reached here.

jag06

Felt it, but it felt like the dryer was on and the load was not in right and bouncing around so I paid no mind to it, until later when family called asking if we felt the earthquake and I asked what earthquake. My parents were disappointed because they were in the car and did not feel it.

Dreamer

Felt it in Washington NC.

First a little rumble for just a second or two, then a few seconds later, an extended "rolling" that lasted for about 15 seconds or so. It shook my ceiling fans and made my glasses rattle in the kitchen. The cat got a little freaked out. But no damage, just a little weirded out.

At first I though one of the Osprey V-22s from LeJune was hovering a little too low, then I realized I didn't hear any engine noise...

Last edited: