• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay area taverns ponder concealed carry ban - Some Bars may allow weapons

WisconsinPI

isnt there a law on consuming while carrying? not that anyone would know until you had police contact, but still. OH boy, I can see some messy things comin up, but great for the security industry

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
isnt there a law on consuming while carrying? not that anyone would know until you had police contact, but still. OH boy, I can see some messy things comin up, but great for the security industry

YES, in act 35 it's perfectly legal to ccw in a tavern but NO drinking alcohol >> 0 BAC ... so bars will make a killing on Soda sales $1.00 or more on something that cost them .05 cents from the soda gun...Soda is pure profit, they make more on Soda than they do on alcohol sales...

Last edited:

Lurchiron

YES, in act 35 it's perfectly legal to ccw in a tavern but NO drinking alcohol >> 0 BAC ... so bars will make a killing on Soda sales $1.00 or more on something that cost them .05 cents from the soda gun...Soda is pure profit, they make more on Soda than they do on alcohol sales...

...not to mention, not having to clean as many "chunks" out of the urinals :eek:
View attachment 7206 :eek:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Depends.

If I oc with permission, I can drink. If I oc or cc without permission (using my permit) I can't.

No matter what, there is the 'materially impaired while having a gun' law.

Having a beer or two is legal.

Mlutz

"Only concealed carry permit holders are allowed to carry weapons into bars or taverns."

Lie.

Trip20

"Only concealed carry permit holders are allowed to carry weapons into bars or taverns."

Lie.

Not really, right? You need special permission from the property owner to enter in OC mode. So it's not really "allowed" by default.

I could be wrong.... it's happened before.

protias

Not really, right? You need special permission from the property owner to enter in OC mode. So it's not really "allowed" by default.

I could be wrong.... it's happened before.

If you have a permit, you can carry openly or concealed in a place that serves alcohol, or as you said, if you get permission from the owner/manger, you can carry openly.

Trip20

If you have a permit, you can carry openly or concealed in a place that serves alcohol, or as you said, if you get permission from the owner/manger, you can carry openly.

Ok I think I get it now. If you have a permit you can concealed or open carry with out permission provided the establishment is not posted.

If you do not have a permit you can open carry only with permission.

protias

Ok I think I get it now. If you have a permit you can concealed or open carry with out permission provided the establishment is not posted.

If you do not have a permit you can open carry only with permission.

Correct. One more caveat though, even if you have a permit, you can still get permission to carry in there. That way, if a police officer cannot demand to see ID, plus you are far less likely to get kicked out since you have permission to be there in the first place.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Correct. One more caveat though, even if you have a permit, you can still get permission to carry in there. That way, if a police officer cannot demand to see ID, plus you are far less likely to get kicked out since you have permission to be there in the first place.

If you get permission, I would make sure to leave your permit in the car and make sure to OC.

BROKENSPROKET

I have bartended at a few bars and only a very few brands of fountain pop were used and they were only used for mixed drinks. When someone orders that soda and the got an aluminum can.