• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cracker Barrel

onestar 50

If Cracker Barrel Corporation decide to post no weapons on theirs doors of the Restaurants
and there is about 340000 cpls in the state of Mich. And some of these that open carry with cpl I was wondering of many would stop going to Cracker barrel all together

griffin

What sign?

whistle.gif

griffin

Why do you say, "not yet?" Is there some reason you expect them to? I never have any problems OCing at the Cracker Barrel in Okemos.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
i (and my wife) have open carried numerous times at cracker barrels in ohio and michigan (usually the st clair shores location). never had any issues. i hope i don't have to add this to my "no money" list.

Ezerharden

This is how ugly rumours start.....:cry:

Someone should ask a moderator to kill this thread.

Not an "ugly rumor", a fact at the Monroe MI Cracker Barrel, where I have OC'd several times of the past few years. This is a recent development (a month and a half or so) and yes, we are trying to get a straight answer out of corporate. I have an open complaint ticket I am working from, email and call weekly. Again not rumor, fact.

Last edited:

onestar 50

I was stop outside of cracker barrel by one of the manager and she said they called someone and they said no guns. They would not let me in and they asked to people ask to leave before I got they with my family. So this is not a Rumours it happen to myself and other people also.

PistolPackingMomma

*sigh* I thought this was resolved on here months ago. Cracker Barrel corporate policy is to ask OC'ers to leave, but not CC'ers, on the premise that they "aren't anti gun, but visible guns make people nervous, so we don't want them exposed in our stores" (paraphrased.) IIRC, this is corporate policy, but some managers in some locations are choosing not to enforce it.

That doesn't make it any less the official stance of the company, and spending money there sends a message that gun owners support it.

Thread
I emailed Cracker Barrel regarding wanting to hold a Open Carry event. This is the answer...

Dear Mr. Sanderlin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all of us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. We're always pleased to hear from our guests.

Open Carry Policy
As we work to achieve our mission of Pleasing People, one of our top priorities is the safety and comfort of our guests, both external and internal. Because of this, and because it is our intent to provide our guests and employees with a relaxed, comfortable, family-oriented environment, we feel its important to review our open carry policy.

Simply stated, our policy is that we will not seat or serve patrons who are openly carrying or wearing firearms unless the patrons are law enforcement officers, security guards, or uniformed military personnel.

We look forward to seeing you in one of our locations again soon.

Sincerely,

Sandra Vance
Guest Relations Representative
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc

Thread
There is a lot more to this and I expect I will be on another "DO NOT TALK TO LIST....now...but there isn't much of a story other than they are anti now (Chippers and LEO's excepted"...but this is Corporate on the phone.

I'll leave sleeping dogs lay as far as VCDL's source....It would cause problems and wouldn't add much.

anyway, this is the essence of it:

[video=vimeo;21313312]http://vimeo.com/21313312[/video]

Thread
"I received a copy of a Cracker Barrel internal policy memo from a source who will remain anonymous. The nutshell is that if a store manager wishes to he can enforce a company policy against open carry, asking the open carrier to return his gun to his vehicle, while saying (according to the memo), "We're making this request in order to accommodate our guests and employees who may be uncomfortable in the present of a fire arm (sic)." I think they should ask the guests who are uncomfortable with someone else exercising their Second Amendment rights to leave, not the gun owner who is minding his own business! I'm sick and tired of all this faux concern about somebody being *uncomfortable* about this, that or the other. If a person is uncomfortable about someone else's skin color or religious dress, should the "offender" be asked to leave? I hope not. Anyway concealed carry is not at issue for Cracker Barrel, only open carry. Just an FYI."

Thread
Went to Cracker Barrel this morning - 7-12-11, as my wife and I have done for almost 4 years now. We ordered, ate, and got our check. All of the sudden, a man in a blue shirt and radio on his side walked really close to me and said in a calm and low voice - "I don't know if you are law enforcement, but if you are not, our store policy is no guns." I did not confirm nor deny the law enforcement challenge, however, I told him that he would loose my business because of it. This time around, it was almost like they were trying to rush us out because we got our check JUST as we were finishing up, and as we left to pay, the blue shirt man (Known as B.J.) followed closely, as if we were criminals.

Cracker Barrel Store #239
Jul 12, 11 @ 7:44 AM
Check closed at 8:10 AM $23.63

No more from us - Cracker Barrel!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
If you really want to send a message to Cracker Barrel corporate, what everyone needs to do is this:

1. Go to a different restaurant that DOES allow OC.
2. Make sure you keep a copy of the receipt.
3. Send in all copies of the receipts you've saved up, once each month, along with a note or short letter telling Cracker Barrel Corp, this is how much money they could have made, if it wasn't for their attitude against lawful open carry.

Naturally, any receipts that have credit card numbers, you should block those out All they need to know is how much money you spent some where else. You could even send a copy to your local Cracker Barrel if you want.

alphamale

I like this idea, and this should spread to other than just Cracker Barrel, IE: stores, and businesses that show contempt for our rights.
1+

If you really want to send a message to Cracker Barrel corporate, what everyone needs to do is this:

1. Go to a different restaurant that DOES allow OC.
2. Make sure you keep a copy of the receipt.
3. Send in all copies of the receipts you've saved up, once each month, along with a note or short letter telling Cracker Barrel Corp, this is how much money they could have made, if it wasn't for their attitude against lawful open carry.

Naturally, any receipts that have credit card numbers, you should block those out All they need to know is how much money you spent some where else. You could even send a copy to your local Cracker Barrel if you want.

detroit_fan

This is how ugly rumours start.....:cry:

Someone should ask a moderator to kill this thread.

ShadowBear could you kill this thread :p

jumping the gun a little guys? as someone who lives in monroe i am more than interested to see how this plays out, and i see absolutely no reason to "kill" this thread. in fact, it seems perfectly legit to me and anyone that has followed onestar's posts knows he's not one to spread BS or rumors

griffin

As I have stated previously, my Cracker Barrel doesn't prohibit OC, or at least they haven't stopped me yet. If they ever do, I will reconsider going there.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Seems identical to the Costco issue.

Corporate official policy is no OC, but CCW'ers are just spending their money there anyway. Thanks, guys.