• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another College Shooting

Beretta92FSLady

Honestly I think you are messing with yourself, your post clearly indicated you believe firearms "had something to do with it".

Now you deny it!?

You should lay off that kool-aid for a while, you might be able to see things more clearly.

I didn't state that firearms had something to do with it. I haven't changed any of the posts you are referencing.--aside from an update I made, initially.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I didn't state that firearms had something to do with it. I haven't changed any of the posts you are referencing.

OK so explain your post? Why did make a reference to another member that "'I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it"

Did you or did you not post the above?

Beretta92FSLady

OK so explain your post? Why did make a reference to another member that "'I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it"

Did you or did you not post the above?

Yes, I posted the above, and it states nothing to me believing firearms had something to do with it.

Beretta92FSLady

Last edited:

kubel

I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it.

Handguns had something to do with this, but they were only the tool. Handguns don't alter ones judgement or inhibitions. Handguns don't produce mania. Pharmaceuticals (aka legal drugs) can and do, and it's something that people are avoiding discussing in this nation because the pharmaceutical industry is more powerful than anyone realizes. Why are we looking at guns and video games when the side effects of common medication is known. There are a LOT of people on drugs that can cause people to do something that people unmedicated would not do in this country. It's not just crackheads anymore.

<-- works in pharmaceutical industry.

DLeeHarley

How about both of you quit hi-jacking the thread bickering?

Dennis in Idaho
"Those who Talk, Don't Do,
Those who Do, Don't Talk!"

Beretta92FSLady

Handguns had something to do with this, but they were only the tool. Handguns don't alter ones judgement or inhibitions. Handguns don't produce mania. Pharmaceuticals (aka legal drugs) can and do, and it's something that people are avoiding discussing in this nation because the pharmaceutical industry is more powerful than anyone realizes. Why are we looking at guns and video games when the side effects of common medication is known. There are a LOT of people on drugs that can cause people to do something that people unmedicated would not do in this country. It's not just crackheads anymore.

<-- works in pharmaceutical industry.

I agree.

Beretta92FSLady

How about both of you quit hi-jacking the thread bickering?

Dennis in Idaho
"Those who Talk, Don't Do,
Those who Do, Don't Talk!"

I didn't hijack anything. He accused me of making a statement that I didn't make, so I responded.

BTW, what if Doing was contingent on Talking? I suppose there are exceptions to the rule.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

linerider69

If it was a GUN FREE ZONE then both parties are idiots the person that was trying to defend himself was an unfortunate idiot.

WalkingWolf

If it was a GUN FREE ZONE then both parties are idiots the person that was trying to defend himself was an unfortunate idiot.

IMO Gun Free Zones on public property are unconstitutional. If one was actually acting in self defense it does not make them an idiot. Being called a idiot is better than being a defenseless victim though.

crazydude6030

Re: Shooting in a defense free zone, Houston style

Saw this on yahoo. It suggested there was a shoot out between two people and the ones shot were in the cross fire.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Saw this on yahoo. It suggested there was a shoot out between two people and the ones shot were in the cross fire.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That may be determined to be the case; nevertheless, it is still a failure of "Gun Free Zones" laws to protect anyone.

linerider69

I said an unfortunate idiot because He brought a firearm on school grounds which unfortunately for all of us is against the law.Not to say HE should have had the right to defend himself I would love to carry everywhere i go but alas i am restricted by law to do so.I will not carry on school grounds and loose what little rights i have left that is not to say i wish i could.I have 3 children in school when i have to pick them up i hate it because i must leave,them,me and other people that may fall victim to scum unprotected.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
WalkingWolf -

Just a suggestion, but when you accuse someone of having posted someting, why don't you quote their post? Like this:

It appears there are more than one shooter. How is legal campus carry working for them (Texas Colleges are not gun-free zones, from what I understand)?--we'll see.

I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it.

Now we all see what you are getting all hot under the collar about, and the person you are quoting cannot start a he said/she said yes you did/no I didn't contest.

stay safe.