• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

local NC LE training materials availability

solus

Forgive the inquiry if this have been discussed within the NC state thread previously and if it has, perhaps someone w/the 'thread's corp memory' could direct me to the discussion and results.

While cruising in WA discussion group, its members are discussing their collection, from different WA city's policies, in regard to their LE's response to citizen's OC'g. I would truly like to see if this infomation is readily available from NC communities for our NC OC'ers use.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?116471-Vancouver-PD-Policies-procedures-manual-and-training-bulletins-re-OC&p=1975781#post1975781

your attention is directed to the link which shows their documentation repository as well as some of the comments regarding lack of training for 911 operators, etc. it is quite the read...

so NC members...NC statute § 132-6. Inspection and examination of records. covers the 'gee i can ask and the agency 'is suppose to respond' guidance!!

has anybody in NC attempted to ask for their city's LE training manuals or other documentation as it applies to officer response to citizen's OC'g??

ipse

solus

So after a bunch of views from this forum's membership, and a complete lack of comment, I shall conclude NC members have not even attempted to compile a listing of LE agency training policies to see how LE's will respond to citizen's who OC within the state. Interesting...

ipse

solus

to those who care, contacted the head of the salemburg DOJ's academy about obtaining documents regarding how officers' are trained to handle citzen's CC/OC and was told they were public documents and to send him a request.

will pursue it next week...

ipse

carolina guy

to those who care, contacted the head of the salemburg DOJ's academy about obtaining documents regarding how officers' are trained to handle citzen's CC/OC and was told they were public documents and to send him a request.

will pursue it next week...

ipse

Cool...if it is a standardish FOIA can you post the details? I just saw this thread and would be interested to ping CMPD, CPD and the CCSO for their materials.