• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for 2nd Amendment Rights."

YuppieDog

This e-mail was sent to me today, I thought you all would enjoy it. I have to assume it is real.

From: DAVE MUNGENAST MOTORSPORTS [mailto:inlm_email@ahmdealer.com]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 3:09 PM
To: M
Subject: Request Received

Dear ------,

Thank you for your interest in the 2009 Motorcycle Metropolitan quote that you requested via the Internet. To ensure you receive our most competitive price, I am checking your request against our available inventory.

I will contact you shortly to confirm the specifications, availability and price of this vehicle, and to make sure it is exactly what you want. If appropriate, we may review other items necessary for an efficient buying experience, including any trade-in, financing and insurance. I would also be happy to meet with you at your convenience to answer any questions, as well as provide the keys for a test drive.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached by phone at 314-894-1330

Thanks for your interest. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

"Salesman name removed"

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:35 PM
To: DAVE MUNGENAST MOTORSPORTS
Subject: RE: Request Received

Hello Jeff,
Thank you for your response and phone call. I drove to your place of business last night and found that the cycle shop was closed. I also found that your place of business does not allow concealed carry and has the familiar signs hanging in the windows. I am a licensed concealed carry permit holder and strong supporter of our 2nd amendment rights to bear arms. Since your place of business does not want to support those rights I am choosing not to support your place of business. Accordingly, I have just now completed the purchase of the Honda Metropolitan scooter I was looking for from one of your competitors whom does not restrict my 2nd amendment rights. I honored your signs. I will choose to make all my Honda purchases elsewhere.

Thanks,

"Customer's name removed"

ALOTAGLOCK

Well very simple and straight forward. Knowing how bent out of shape some car salesmen get they might change that policy.

It probally is true. I mean think of the millions of other reasons you don't go to a business, specifically a dealership. I think it could happen.

cshoff

Well very simple and straight forward. Knowing how bent out of shape some car salesmen get they might change that policy.

It probally is true. I mean think of the millions of other reasons you don't go to a business, specifically a dealership. I think it could happen.

There have been a lot of businesses take those signs down due to pressure from customers. Recently, all of the Schnuck's stores in Missouri removed their signs after over 6 years of ignorance. Money talks.

Good for you, YD!

cash50

I always get a good laugh when I walked past those signs that mean nothing.

It's almost as though we've validated the signs effectiveness - or true lack thereof - by telling these guys we don't come there because of them.

silo

Great response, and I hope you got what you wanted at a good price. I don't even look for signs; I don't particularly care. But if I see it, I try not to go to the place.

opencarryinmo

resturant carry

I was dining at a place i had carryied open before and the manager tell me we had to leave i told him it wasent posted, he said i still had to leave and he futher stated that signs would be posted on the follow monday.

i went buy later that week and the signs posted were only the small circle with the gun crossed out, lol no txt included, my thought is that it does not meet state req at all, not even for ccw.

cshoff

I was dining at a place i had carryied open before and the manager tell me we had to leave i told him it wasent posted, he said i still had to leave and he futher stated that signs would be posted on the follow monday.

i went buy later that week and the signs posted were only the small circle with the gun crossed out, lol no txt included, my thought is that it does not meet state req at all, not even for ccw.

Whether the signs meet the "standards" in RSMO 571.107.1(15) or not is irrelevant. A property owner does NOT need a sign to restrict who can enter his/her property and with what. If a property owner doesn't want you there for any reason, you should leave.

sohighlyunlikely

Easy

I was dining at a place i had carryied open before and the manager tell me we had to leave i told him it wasn't posted, he said i still had to leave and he further stated that signs would be posted on the follow Monday.

i went buy later that week and the signs posted were only the small circle with the gun crossed out, lol no txt included, my thought is that it does not meet state req at all, not even for CCW.

If they don't support your freedoms. Vote with your dolors. It is usually pretty easy to just spend your money somewhere else.

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I always get a good laugh when I walked past those signs that mean nothing.

Please stop doing that, not because you are wrong, but you are, those signs do indeed mean something.

Those signs mean that despite the fact that the FBI has finger printed you, verified you, the person whom trained you and that you took firearms training, they do NOT WANT YOUR BUSINESS.

Please respect all signs and spend your monies elsewhere instead of walking past them, those who support our rights need our business and support.

Thank you,
Rich

peterarthur

Please stop doing that, not because you are wrong, but you are, those signs do indeed mean something.

Those signs mean that despite the fact that the FBI has finger printed you, verified you, the person whom trained you and that you took firearms training, they do NOT WANT YOUR BUSINESS.

Please respect all signs and spend your monies elsewhere instead of walking past them, those who support our rights need our business and support.

Thank you,
Rich

Seriously, LMTD is soooooo right here. If businesses that support our rights get our money, it furthers our agenda because politicians know that this is happening. They see and identify the trends and they vote with the trends because they want to be elected. It's ugly but true.

And just as a matter of principle, it is the right thing to do. Why be available to defend those who don't wish to be defended. Or be more vulnerable because you are going to be the ONLY armed citizen in there? That's why I shop Bass Pro and not Cabela's anymore.

cshoff

Seriously, LMTD is soooooo right here. If businesses that support our rights get our money, it furthers our agenda because politicians know that this is happening. They see and identify the trends and they vote with the trends because they want to be elected. It's ugly but true.

And just as a matter of principle, it is the right thing to do. Why be available to defend those who don't wish to be defended. Or be more vulnerable because you are going to be the ONLY armed citizen in there? That's why I shop Bass Pro and not Cabela's anymore.

What's wrong with Cabela's?

Superlite27

Yea, The last time I went in Bass Pro they took my gun and put a trigger lock on it.

They took it? How many of them did it take?

I highly reccommend a retention holster for OC.

Anyone tries to take my gun will be in for a surprise as they will not be acquiring a firearm but forfeiting a hand.

peterarthur

What's wrong with Cabela's?

The one nearest me (Shawnee) won't let you carry in the store. A woman who obviously knew NOTHING about gun handling, asked for mine, took 4 attempts to clear it WITHOUT checking for a mag (I removed it before handing it to her and cleared it) and almost dropping it and pointing it at the front door floor where people were walking in, carried it like a dead rat and handed it to the guy in the gun section BARREL first. He looked pissed and I laughed and said, "Maybe the gun owners who KNOW how to handle a weapons should do so instead of risking the life of it's employees and customers." She glared and he chuckled then.

Both bass Pro and Cabela's apparently have Corporate policies that abide by state law and I have been able to carry in Bass Pro but not in Cabela's. And Shawnee is open carry friendly, btw... well, legal anyway according to municode.com

So I shop based on my experience :) If you had a different experience, please let us all know.

ALOTAGLOCK

The one nearest me (Shawnee) won't let you carry in the store. A woman who obviously knew NOTHING about gun handling, asked for mine, took 4 attempts to clear it WITHOUT checking for a mag (I removed it before handing it to her and cleared it) and almost dropping it and pointing it at the front door floor where people were walking in, carried it like a dead rat and handed it to the guy in the gun section BARREL first. He looked pissed and I laughed and said, "Maybe the gun owners who KNOW how to handle a weapons should do so instead of risking the life of it's employees and customers." She glared and he chuckled then.

Both bass Pro and Cabela's apparently have Corporate policies that abide by state law and I have been able to carry in Bass Pro but not in Cabela's. And Shawnee is open carry friendly, btw... well, legal anyway according to municode.com

So I shop based on my experience :) If you had a different experience, please let us all know.

Plus Bass Pro is way closer than Cabela's

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hey Pete,

Might want to "walmart" the local management instead of abandoning a supporting org.

Cabellas even has sings posted in some stores to make it clear, I have seen them on this sight. Says something like "all guns for service or sales please have cased. This excludes other lawfully carried weapons open or concealed in a holster" instead of the old "please case all weapons before entry" signs.

Yes the CEO of Cabella's is responsible for the actions of his employees, however, not all employees follow all policies and unless someone tells him there is no way for him to know some of them are breaking his rules as he can not be there at all times.

Even though almost everyone knows starbucks is indeed progun or gun neutral, that does not mean some new employee won't be stupid and tell a man with a gun that enters, "hey you can't have that in here" but I still want you to buy coffee from them.

YuppieDog

Over the last couple weeks, I have OCed 24/7 in every store in St. Louis I have gone into: Bass Pro (St. Chuck), Cabellas (HazelHood), every Schnucks, Dierbergs, Shop n Save on Machester, Office Max, O'Reilys, AMC theater, Home Depot, Lowes, and Borders books to name a few. I have not once been asked a single question. A couple of looks, but not a word.

I am a licensed Fugitive Recovery Agent and have a Badge, but I do not display it while in the stores. I carry it in my pocket, just in case. If things get too hairy, I can get out of trouble with it.

Superlite27

I am a licensed Fugitive Recovery Agent and have a Badge.

Oooooooh! We're now capitalizing the word "badge"? I see......It must be a very important badge. I'm sure you included this for those rare few who haven't been blinded by its glare.

You have forfeited the right to any negative comments referring to Doc's chrome firearm. "Steely" appears almost mundane and unremarkable in any side by side comparison with The Badge.

YuppieDog

Oooooooh! We're now capitalizing the word "badge"? I see......It must be a very important badge. I'm sure you included this for those rare few who haven't been blinded by its glare.

Jealous much ??

I refered to the badge ONLY to stop the "jailhouse lawyers" on here from explaining how I am breaking this law and that law, by carrying in this town or that town.