• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast 2/16 - RCD 9:30am

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Grapeshot will be making his triumphal return to River City Diner - Parham Rd @ I-95. Start time is officially 9:30 am but get there early if you want a good seat.

Remember to stay for the after-breakfast conversation where we rehash everything we just talked about.

Weather forecast is either drizzle turning to snow or clear and 55 - 60. Show up ans see which it is.

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Sadly,

I must decline this week. Boss called and I will be working. Yes, I am sure there will be those that talk about me, but it can't be helped.

Have a Garbage plate for me,

:>(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Relax, grasshopper. No need for anxiety.

I see you did find the thread.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If there are any snow flakes I'll be buying all of the bread Food Lion has - figure I can resell it for $5.00/loaf from the back of my truck to panic stricken West Enders........then I can afford to buy some more ammo.

Either way, snow or not, I'll be there.

scouser

I must decline this week. Boss called and I will be working. Yes, I am sure there will be those that talk about me, but it can't be helped.

Have a Garbage plate for me,

:>(

we don't need you to be absent to talk about you ... :)
hopefully will be there with "mini-me", all depends on when the washing machine installer guy arrives to fix the problem he helped cause this evening. Don't look for my car, I think I'll borrow my wife's because I had to take Logan's seat out of my car

sidestreet

Really sorry to have to eat and run this morning...,

it was shaping up into quite the gathering. Great to see you folks there, and good to see CavTrooperCason, thanks for making the trip!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

FBrinson

My wife and I were there but did not know where we should have been seated so we just sat at the table where the guy told us to sit. She is a little shy so we ordered our breakfast and ate quietly. Sorry we did not drop by and introduce ourselves, there is always next time. :D On a side note, I need to remember to order grits and not 'home fries'. what was I thinking?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
My wife and I were there but did not know where we should have been seated so we just sat at the table where the guy told us to sit. She is a little shy so we ordered our breakfast and ate quietly. Sorry we did not drop by and introduce ourselves, there is always next time. :D On a side note, I need to remember to order grits and not 'home fries'. what was I thinking?

We gather every Saturday morning. Most of the time at least one person shows up "early" (before 9:30). Wherever we are for breakfast, ask where "the folks with the guns" are sitting. With few exceptions we can drag another table over and make room for you. At RCD we are usually at the tables in the front window on the right as you come in. If we wind up with more than 8 we get moved to the big room, but you should be able to find us, or just ask.

Hope to see you next Saturday.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Really sorry that we missed you.

What is embarrassing though is that we did not catch/see/observe that someone else came in carrying - must review the security cam footage :lol:

Please do check the stickies on Friday each week for the location and try us again.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Really sorry that we missed you.

What is embarrassing though is that we did not catch/see/observe that someone else came in carrying - must review the security cam footage :lol:

Please do check the stickies on Friday each week for the location and try us again.

I believe I did see him but you and I were talking and I passed him off as that snooty fire marshal that comes in.:uhoh:

va_tazdad

Easy to spot

Generally, "Santa" (Skidmark) and his chief elf with his "purdy gun" on right side (Grapeshot) are easy to find and all of the attendees are friendly and approachable. Don't feel shy or unwelcome. Just wander over and say hello.

Heck, they even let me eat with them sometimes! ;>)

PS: You can have my grits anytime. I usually tell the waitress to send them to the starving children in South America.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I got it and am studying it carefully:eek:

On a slightly related note, the circuitry in my auto-dimming welding helmet seems to have shorted out. :uhoh:

To note a couple of obvious points, those things will damage your vision and simply add weight. Enigma code for the day (XXX)