• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post Breakfast Tour May 24th

scouser

For anyone who hasn't followed the "special breakfast" thread in the events section, it appears we will have a visitor join us for breakfast this coming Saturday, HPmatt from Texas will be passing through the area. We have decided to take a semi-guided, semi-historic tour of Richmond following breakfast. Skidmark has arranged use of a 15 passenger van and has already called "shotgun", I have called the other seat up front because, unlike certain people I'm apparently not allowed to name, I've been professionally trained to operate vehicles with that many seats (for the benefit of Liberty or Death, that's another of our 'in-jokes' here).
Grapeshot has indicated he wouldn't want to miss this so, at this moment, we have 4 people. There are seats available but I'm not moderating who gets one or not, I suggest talking to skidmark about that or just show up at River City Diner on Saturday

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Until we get 9 more abso-posi-lutely confirmed reservations, it's going to be a "show up and take an available seat."

Once we get 9 additional confirmed participants we will proceed to take on additional riders based on:
1) who gets to have Grapeshot sit on their lap
2) arbitrary shuffling on, off, or under the bus as influenced by bribes and/or cuteness factor

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If we were to get more people who want to participate than the bus will hold, I will give up my seat and drive the grapemobile - acting as mobile security with my dash cam :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have just been reminded that I need to finish up on this no later than about 4:00 pm as my grand daughter is a finalist in voice/singing competition at the November Theater - so will likely drive the white steed in pursuit.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Have just been reminded that I need to finish up on this no later than about 4:00 pm as my grand daughter is a finalist in voice/singing competition at the November Theater - so will likely drive the white steed in pursuit.

You do remember what happened when a bunch of folks went for a 3-hour tour don't you little buddy?

11 AM very late start should still get you to the [strike]church[/strike] theater on time.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Lissen up, youze guys!

It's time to stop playing around, stop making inside or outside jokes, and putting your butts where the seats are.

We have 15 (or is it 16? never could remember how they count the driver) seats and so far only 4 of them are spoken for: The Guest of Honor, Scouser, Grapeshot and me.

Where are the other 9 riders?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
DoubleTap will be at the breakfast to show our guest that the ladies carry too in the Old Dominion :)

va_tazdad

It's time to stop playing around, stop making inside or outside jokes, and putting your butts where the seats are.

We have 15 (or is it 16? never could remember how they count the driver) seats and so far only 4 of them are spoken for: The Guest of Honor, Scouser, Grapeshot and me.

Where are the other 9 riders?

stay safe.

I would like nothing better than to have a tour of the deep south narrated by a tour guide with a British accent, but I am scheduled for a 12 hour shift. Breakfast will be about all I can be there for. I do need some sleep.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Who is narrating and where are we going? My husband can tell you I know a huge amount of stuff about nothing. Mostly Hollywood Cemetery. And parts of Richmond. : )
Our designated driver (w/proper license) is Scouser who has done this professionally.

Route is adaptable, but will include Monument Avenue, GAB and Capitol and other historic points of interest. Wishing to show support and for our brother from Texas and have a couple of hours of fun ourselves.

Claim a seat while they are available - bring a friend.

kennys

Will be able to make the breakfast, and am working on the tour, will have a house full of guests and can't stay out too long, what time should we be getting back?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Will be able to make the breakfast, and am working on the tour, will have a house full of guests and can't stay out too long, what time should we be getting back?

Right now I'm figuring 9:30 - 10:15 (45 min for breakfast) and then trying to figure out how long Scouser can run us around town before he runs out of history. So far the route/stops look like Second Place Trophies to Hollywood Cemetary/The Pyramid, to Capitol Square where we get out to OC in the Capitol and take pictures in front of Washington and Byrd, then to Chimbarazo Hill (with maybe a stop in front of Proper Pie?), then swinging past the haunted train tunnel before we take a swing out to Fountain Lake/Swan Lake.

If your life insurance is paid up we could discuss stopping at City Hall to see who gets sucked out the windows of the Observation Deck. Grapeshot & I will provide diversion at the guard desk so the rest of you can go up without signing in.

HTmatt needs to let us know of anything special he wants to see/do besides OC at the Capitol. Anybody wanting to suggest other stops/drive-bys needs to speak up now so Scouser can figure out how to do this on one tank of gas.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

By best guess is that we will be finished up by 4:00 pm or before. I have to hit the road by 4:00 myself. Think our guest does also.

Last edited:

kennys

Let me see what I can do, but at minimum I will make it for the breakfast.

Liberty-or-Death

I'm thinking my wife and I would like to attend, but would be more comfortable in our own vehicle, also giving us the freedom to wander off if the mood struck us.

μολών λαβέ