• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At the Capitol today?

mustangkiller

Did any of you guys here make it? How did it go? Give me the whole story. I wasn't able to make it

stealthyeliminator

So the event was great overall. There was a lot of media there, even from as far as New York. There were 4 speakers, hopefully video of them will be up soon. Another rep has decided to co-author HB195 with Stickland. Stickland is an awesome guy, I think he really gets it. After the speakers there was a raffle for an AR pistol. Then we went on in to the capitol to speak with our representatives. The capitol building is pretty amazing. I didn't realize how much symbolism was built into it, and just the materials and construction are beautiful. There were, of course, mixed results with the different reps. It really amazes me how repetitive and unfounded the concerns are as different states consider open carry.

mustangkiller

I just got off the phone with JM Lozano. He said we have made alot of positive noise with our calls, emails and face to face conversations. He told me he and most of the house will be voting FOR all OC bills in the hopes of getting one passed. Most will be supporting HB195 first with the others being a back up. I asked him how we're going to get around Strauss. He said that there is alot of talk among his staff and lots of media coverage. This is going to make it very hard for him to bury all these bills that have been filed. He said that we should keep doing what we're doing and we should get at least one bill on Abbott's desk. The only question is: which one will it be?

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I just got off the phone with JM Lozano. He said we have made alot of positive noise with our calls, emails and face to face conversations. He told me he and most of the house will be voting FOR all OC bills in the hopes of getting one passed. Most will be supporting HB195 first with the others being a back up. I asked him how we're going to get around Strauss. He said that there is alot of talk among his staff and lots of media coverage. This is going to make it very hard for him to bury all these bills that have been filed. He said that we should keep doing what we're doing and we should get at least one bill on Abbott's desk. The only question is: which one will it be?

Excellent news, thanks for the report!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Which one will the fountain bless.
http://www.metrolyrics.com/three-coins-in-the-fountain-lyrics-frank-sinatra.html

qednick

Sweet! Can't wait to see how things progress this time around.

Is Lt. Gov. for or against us

Just read that Lt. Gov. Perry said that he had doubts there were enough votes in the Senate to pass any open carry bill. It sounds as if our Lt. Gov. is leaning away from something the Gov. of our state would like to see happen. Maybe I am wrong, but should not both positions be on the same page?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just read that Lt. Gov. Perry said that he had doubts there were enough votes in the Senate to pass any open carry bill. It sounds as if our Lt. Gov. is leaning away from something the Gov. of our state would like to see happen. Maybe I am wrong, but should not both positions be on the same page?
Trite but nevertheless still true - politics makes strange bedfellows.

stealthyeliminator

Jonathan Stickland press release:
"There is nothing wrong with Governor Patrick's statements regarding the current level of support in the Senate chamber for open carry legislation. He would know better than I who supports the 2nd amendment in his chamber. A Texas Senator who opposes open carry does not believe in the 2nd amendment.

I fully support Dan Patrick as our state's Lieutenant Governor and believe he is the right man for the job.

If Dan hasn't had anyone bring this issue up to him, let me make it clear, I am bringing it up to him now. We need to protect the 2nd amendment rights of Texans, and it's embarrassing that we haven't in the past."

We need to keep up the support for these bills.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...verses-course-says-Senate-now-can-6046739.php

"Now that SB 11 has support and is moving towards passage we can focus on other 2nd Amendment issues, including open carry, which I have consistently supported," Patrick added.

half_life1052