• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Zombie Apocalypse Isn't Coming, the CDC Says

Jack House

Cover up! No other explanation. This is all Umbrella's doing. The zombie apocalypse has begun.

RUN FOR THE HILLS! No, not those
Hills. They have eyes!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

PistolPackingMomma

Well, if the zombie movies have taught us anything, it's that we should start worrying when they start officially denying stuff...:lol:

"Stay in your homes! There is nothing to fear! We will tell you when to worry!"

:uhoh:

Last edited:

amzbrady

If you were to get trapped in a building where would you wanna be trapped by Zombie's? Here in the Tri-Cities, I think I would want to be trapped at Ranch and home. They have food, lots of containers to store water, roll down doors at the front, Lots of guns and ammo, tools, fresh clothes, generators and camping equipment. plus a really high roof so when you cook with propane indoors, there would be enough of a draft. No other windows and all cinder block.

Jack House

Well, if the zombie movies have taught us anything, it's that we should start worrying when they start officially denying stuff...:lol:

"Stay in your homes! There is nothing to fear! We will tell you when to worry!"

:uhoh:
Exactly! This one gets it. The more they deny it, the more danger we're in!

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

160300067956200207_Fx4cR9Kb_c.jpg

If my husband doesn't make it, of course! ;)

Batousaii

If you were to get trapped in a building where would you wanna be trapped by Zombie's? Here in the Tri-Cities, I think I would want to be trapped at Ranch and home. They have food, lots of containers to store water, roll down doors at the front, Lots of guns and ammo, tools, fresh clothes, generators and camping equipment. plus a really high roof so when you cook with propane indoors, there would be enough of a draft. No other windows and all cinder block.

Cabella's ! if i had to choose a civilian site - Or a sizable state Nat Guard armory - MREs and Tanks + Ammo etc ~WooT!

Jack House

Cabella's ! if i had to choose a civilian site - Or a sizable state Nat Guard armory - MREs and Tanks + Ammo etc ~WooT!
There is a gun store down the street from here, then Camp Something Or Other out on 95, not far from here. It's a training facility, so they've got enough tanks, keeps, troop transports, guns and ammo to go around. At least enough to get us to Ft. Hood anyway.

Levi

I don't think that even Cabela's would have enough ammo. Also, that big glass storefront would be a serious weak point.

I would think that a small island would be ideal. Clearing a set area and having a big moat protect you would be ideal.

What I'd really want to do is raid Troy Hurtubise's workshop.

1911er

I don't think that even Cabela's would have enough ammo. Also, that big glass storefront would be a serious weak point.

I would think that a small island would be ideal. Clearing a set area and having a big moat protect you would be ideal.

Yes but what most people don't know is that Cabelas has A large metal grate that covers the front doors during the closed hours. and the gun vault is huge with only two openings. about 12 x 100 ft. and they have A lot more ammo than whats on the shelves they have several thousand rounds in reserve inventory.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Small island is better then a store front, but you'd have to monitor hunting very rigorously to prevent wiping out the local game.

Levi

Just try walking underwater. Despite "land of the Dead," getting to an island 1/2 a mile or more would require swimming or a boat. The level of thought or athletic ability would be well beyond a zombie. At best, a zombie might wash ashore with other flotsam occasionally.

About ten years ago, when I was stationed at Singing River Island Naval Station, a friend of mine had decided that Fort Gains on Dauphin Island would be the perfect place to set up in a end of days situation. His thought was that it would provide two layers of protection and that food would be readily available.