• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brown Co OC Coffe clutch Club?

qball54208

Since there have been a lot of Coffee get together around other areas, I thought why not some in the Brown County/Fox Valley area?
I would like to meet some of the other Members in the area to include anyone from any where.
Why not put some faces with some names?
Any suggestions or places?
Time and date TBD.

ckmorley

I live an hour west of GreenBay and would be very interested in a Brown County coffee group. There are also a couple members on ICarry who are also interested in starting local events.

There's a Starbuck's right off 41 in Depere that would an easily accessible location.

Chris Morley

qball54208

Why not Monday Sept 6? I know it's a Holiday and realize there may be folks out a town, however most of us do not have to work that day.
Let me know.
Star Bucks is a good start since we have their support, ckmorley has a good suggestion, right off the HWY ease of access, I like it!

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Why not Monday Sept 6? I know it's a Holiday and realize there may be folks out a town, however most of us do not have to work that day.
Let me know.
Star Bucks is a good start since we have their support, ckmorley has a good suggestion, right off the HWY ease of access, I like it!

just a suggestion... give people some time to become aware of the event. I mean if you want to get together for coffee with friends, OC'ing as you do throughout your day, great.

If you want to have a more well attended event, give yourself a month to get the word out to people. Give yourself some time to stop in your local gun stores and drop of an invitational flyer and some time for people to pass through the store and see it. If you'd like us to send notice to members, labor day is less than a week away and many people will already have plans.

Again, not to discourage you from an OC meet up with friends. People should be OC'ing every day. OC "non-events" are even more important than OC events.

It really depends on what you want to do. If you want 5 to 7 people, that could happen for Labor Day.

If you want 20+ people, some who've never OC'd before and aren't familiar with the movement, that needs some time and a little promotion through local gun shops and press.

ckmorley

I think putting together an "OC Event" for late september would be a great way to generate awareness, as well as kick-off the Brown County Coffee Club.

Waiting till then will give us time to contact media and get out the worl.
(media coverage is a good thing........I did alot of interviews back in the early 2000's when I worked with pro-gun group in Illinois)
Thoughts????

chris morley

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
There are 2 OC events on Sept 25th and 26th. One in Baraboo (picnic) on the 25th and one in West Bend on the 26th.

Brown County is probably far enough away that you wouldn't cannibalize attendance having them on one of those days, but then again, many of our members will drive long distances to attend these, so first weekend of October might be better. (Oct 3rd)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I did alot of interviews back in the early 2000's when I worked with pro-gun group in Illinois) Thoughts???? chris morley
Hey, so did I. I used to sit in on the WCSC TV-5 evening news with Warren Peper and take un-screened calls promoting legally armed citizens. My group had registered community volunteers that had demonstrated their ability to stay on pro-gun sound bite message.

"Mr. Huffman, what do you think about Hurricane Hugo?" "About H. Hugo, I think all good people should be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth!"

qball54208

Yeah we could do that to! First Weekend of October? Thanks for the suggestion.
I am "on call" that week, so if I were to be called out, I'd have to respond to any emergencies, I cover a 5 County area!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

One other suggestion. Let the Starbucks location know as well. We had a get together in Delavan and had between 50 and 75 people. I had not told the manager we were coming and she asked if next time she could be notified so she could staff properly.

Kinda a courtesy which I failed to do. I apologized and told her next time I would.

Not permission, just a heads up.

J.Gleason

Banned
Hey, so did I. I used to sit in on the WCSC TV-5 evening news with Warren Peper and take un-screened calls promoting legally armed citizens. My group had registered community volunteers that had demonstrated their ability to stay on pro-gun sound bite message.

"Mr. Huffman, what do you think about Hurricane Hugo?" "About H. Hugo, I think all good people should be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth!"

This lays path to an awesome idea! What about an Open Carry Hotline? We could post the number all over the state and volunteers could answer calls and questions. Get addresses and send out fliers, sign up new members to WCI. It has great possibilities. Any thoughts?

J.Gleason

Banned
One other suggestion. Let the Starbucks location know as well. We had a get together in Delavan and had between 50 and 75 people. I had not told the manager we were coming and she asked if next time she could be notified so she could staff properly.

Kinda a courtesy which I failed to do. I apologized and told her next time I would.

Not permission, just a heads up.

Well, I am sure you didn't hurt her feelings Paul it was probably one of her best sales days.

paul@paul-fisher.com

This lays path to an awesome idea! What about an Open Carry Hotline? We could post the number all over the state and volunteers could answer calls and questions. Get addresses and send out fliers, sign up new members to WCI. It has great possibilities. Any thoughts?

I think the problem would be staffing. How about just an answering machine? Message would point to the web site and take messages that could be returned.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Well, I am sure you didn't hurt her feelings Paul it was probably one of her best sales days.

Oh, she said she appreciated the business but she showed up on her day off just to make sure they had enough people.

The thing is, even if I had warned her, I would of said something to the effect that we would have 15-25 people. I would of been WAY wrong, we had 50-75!

SAK

it's difficult to say how many people would show up. I guess the important thing for open events (events without guest list, tickets, etc) is that they know we're coming and realize we don't know exactly how many would be there. They should be able to have employees on call in case they're needed, but be able to staff up a little for us regardless.

qball54208

Yeah Paul a Heads Up would be courteous.
So, as for the date/palce (De Pere Star Bucks) I had proposed, any takers? At this point it is a start, we can shuffle around to other lacations, establishments. Dough Nut shop perhaps?
Trying to keep this in the Fox Valley area, not to segregate ourselves or anything like that, just a Geographic area for us here in NE WI.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Excellent idea there Mr. Gleason. We all ready have that set up. www.wisconsincarry.org

People can sign up, they can download/print membership apps and pamphlets.

In addition, Nik@wisconsincarry.org Hubert@wisconsincarry.org Auric@wisconsincarry.org are all on the site as well. Feel free to direct any questions to the executive committee and we will answer as quick as possible.
http://www.wisconsincarry.org