• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Doc?

NoGlock4U

Why worry about it? NC has always had something to the effect but not called the "Castle Doctrine".

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-51.1.html

"§ 14‑51.1. Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.

(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using any degree of force that the occupant reasonably believes is necessary, including deadly force, against an intruder to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder's unlawful entry (i) if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder may kill or inflict serious bodily harm to the occupant or others in the home or residence, or (ii) if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder intends to commit a felony in the home or residence.

(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder in the circumstances described in this section.

(c) This section is not intended to repeal, expand, or limit any other defense that may exist under the common law. (1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 673, s. 1.)"

Northerner

Why worry about it? NC has always had something to the effect but not called the "Castle Doctrine".

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-51.1.html

(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using any degree of force that the occupant reasonably believes is necessary, including deadly force, against an intruder to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder's unlawful entry (i) if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder may kill or inflict serious bodily harm to the occupant or others in the home or residence, or (ii) if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder intends to commit a felony in the home or residence.

(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder in the circumstances described in this section.

(c) This section is not intended to repeal, expand, or limit any other defense that may exist under the common law. (1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 673, s. 1.)"

All true AND it would be nice if and when this extends to my car. Most say, I drive a pretty nice sports car with alloy 19" 275 35 tires (stock) and I can't tell you how many punks eye-F*** me and my car. It's only a matter of time.

Last edited:

NoGlock4U

All true AND it would be nice if and when this extends to my car. Most say I drive a pretty nice sprots car with alloy 19" 275 35 tires (stock) and I can't tell you how many punks eye-F*** me and my car. It's only a matter of time.

I bet my 265's on 17's on my spRotz cah are just about as wide as your 275's on 19's.... and trust me, I know the feeling.

CarryHard

All true AND it would be nice if and when this extends to my car. Most say, I drive a pretty nice sports car with alloy 19" 275 35 tires (stock) and I can't tell you how many punks eye-F*** me and my car. It's only a matter of time.

I agree.
It should extend everywhere

NCSteveh

2 reasons;

#1 Civil immunity. I think you would agree that it would suck to have a justifiable self defense shooting only to then be sued by the criminals family in civil court and have to pay out a lot of money to defend yourself because your alive and there POS kid isn't.
#2 It shifts the burden of proof. They have to prove you acted unreasonable to take you in.

Sc0tt

Wiki

Has anyone ever read the wiki for castle law:

I found it amusing

Castle Doctrines are legislated by state though not all states in the US have a Castle Doctrine law. The term "Make My Day Law"comes from the landmark 1985 Colorado statute that protects people from any criminal charge or civil suit if they use force – including deadly force ................It is sometimes considered derogatory as it may be used to imply that those who assert the Castle Doctrine defense want to have to shoot their assailant. More pejorative is the term "Shoot The Milkman Law",

:lol: