• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

rotorhead

I don't come here much anymore due to personal reservations concerning past issues with another member, but I broke my self-imposed exile because I wanted to wish my friends here a Happy Thanksgiving. As we gather our families together, slave over stoves, and burn our carports down with turkey fryers, let's take a moment to extend a thought to our brothers and sisters who are serving in far off lands, as well as working the crap shifts in jobs here at home because the rest of us somehow got out of working today. :)

Thanks to all who have made it possible, and especially to the One who I personally believe died for my sins.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

MilProGuy

rotorhead:

I believe this is the first occasion I've had to greet you, and what a more fitting time than the time of year when we turn our thoughts towards GOD and express our thanksgiving unto Him.

Best wishes to you and your family, and to all the opencarry.org members and their families.

ncwabbit

besides those serving to protect our way of life,

I hope we remember those neighbors who are caught in these wild economic times and may not be able to experience the full trappings of a viable thanksgiving this year as they struggle to maintain the roof over their heads, etc. donate to the food banks so everyone has a least something to eat daily...

go well remembering to enjoy life to its fullest...'tis too short otherwise!!

wabbit

Curmudgeon

Although our own son is currently stationed here at home (USMC), in South Carolina, and spending Thanksgiving with his own family, he is often deployed somewhere and will be again in 2012.

Perhaps some of us will take a quiet moment and recognize, and remember, and include the many who won't be home with their families tomorrow.

mn-GYI0059014903_0500888660.jpg

Happy thanksgiving to all.
beer.gif

jag06

Hope everyone had as good a thanksgiving as my family had. Thanks to all those in the armed forces that are stationed both at home and abroad for the sacrifice of missing Thanksgiving with their family to protect my families freedom! Hope everyone has stayed safe this Black Friday.

Bearfoot

Many well wishes to the brave souls that serve in today's armed forces.

My black friday was uneventful. Posted my visits on the OC experience thread.

cricketdad

Although our own son is currently stationed here at home (USMC), in South Carolina, and spending Thanksgiving with his own family, he is often deployed somewhere and will be again in 2012.

Perhaps some of us will take a quiet moment and recognize, and remember, and include the many who won't be home with their families tomorrow.

I know what you mean. Out of the 14 years my son has been I think hes has been home only twice for any holiday. If we see him once a year we are doing good.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
I don't come here much anymore due to personal reservations concerning past issues <snip> Thanks to all who have made it possible, and especially to the One who I personally believe died for my sins.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

rotorhead -- thanks for coming back and posting. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you, also.