• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI Christmas Party

Which weekend for a WCI X-Mas Party

• December 4, 2010

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • December 11, 2010

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • December 18, 2010

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
What do you guys think about a WCI Christmas Party.

This would be a "going dutch" type of thing. I would estimate the cost would be between $25 - $35 per person and everybody would bring White Elephant (something you no longer need or want) gag gift.

Thoughts?

JJC

What do you guys think about a WCI Christmas Party.

This would be a "going dutch" type of thing. I would estimate the cost would be between $25 - $35 per person and everybody would bring White Elephant (something you no longer need or want) gag gift.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea.

I can find something I don't want anymore to give as a gift.... hmmmm.

JJC

protias

I voted for all 3, but after I looked at my calendar, only the 11th and 18th work for me.

Edit: What does the pole say, "This poll will close on 11-19-2010 at 09:41 AM?"

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Festivus for the rest'ive us! I noted the Christmas - X-mas confusion too.

I was hoping for a Festivus party. Oh well.
After all the protestation of atheism, agnosticism, deism, polytheism, I wondered if vinegar might not catch more flies than another sacrament that is Christ's Mass.

I'm working on a Festivus gift for a correspondent-friend at the moment, for Uncle Al Schwartz

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Uncle Al said:
Uncle Al advocates lead time. His ammo lockers are brimming re California AB962 making purchase illegal on 01 February 2011. Thanksgiving is upon us. You barely have time! Now... the truth about Santa so you can sell Christmas short.
Introduces http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/satax.htm
Satan Clause said:
Santas share a singular attribute: a bright red pudgy mushroom up to seven inches in diameter covered with white pyramidal warts, bearing white gills, having a white bottom fringe.

MKEgal

It'd be nice to see everyone, get out of the house, that sort of thing, but I'm not Christian.
I'm all for the Pastafarian concept of Holiday, though, which coincides with winter holidays of other religions & is inclusive.

Any idea of where (in the state) this would be? Or maybe there could be simultaneous parties in several areas, with video hookups so we can all say hi to each other & nobody has to drive too far in potentially bad weather. (I'm not a techie, so have no idea HOW to do it, only that video conferencing is possible.)

Mlutz

It'd be nice to see everyone, get out of the house, that sort of thing, but I'm not Christian.
I'm all for the Pastafarian concept of Holiday, though, which coincides with winter holidays of other religions & is inclusive.

Any idea of where (in the state) this would be? Or maybe there could be simultaneous parties in several areas, with video hookups so we can all say hi to each other & nobody has to drive too far in potentially bad weather. (I'm not a techie, so have no idea HOW to do it, only that video conferencing is possible.)

I have at least 2 hours of driving (round trip) for any event. (The baraboo event inculded a trip to madison so... :p) So I guess wherever it is and whenever it is, I would try to make it. (Since I missed the two fish frys so far.) I wouldnt mind getting the video idea though. Someone figure that out. :D

qball54208

I have at least 2 hours of driving (round trip) for any event. (The baraboo event inculded a trip to madison so... :p) So I guess wherever it is and whenever it is, I would try to make it. (Since I missed the two fish frys so far.) I wouldnt mind getting the video idea though. Someone figure that out. :D

That one is toooo easy, Skype will do the trick.

Mlutz

That one is toooo easy, Skype will do the trick.

I thought about that. I have just never really used it, so I wasnt sure about connecting multiple cams. I know db drag connects a few countries for world finals. Just wasn't sure how. Ha Ha.

CKM

This sounds like a great idea. I can currently make it on any of those dates, though I better check with my better half to be sure.

M

McX

the owners of lizzy's cafe has pledged to open special for us, how 'bout we plan something with them, and there?