• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama shoots skeet??

Gil223

What's wrong with this picture?
ObamaSkeet.jpg
The above photo strikes me as "staged" - in the most common sense of that word's usage. From what I see, he looks like someone who has never fired a long gun of any kind in his life. His stance is not aggressive, his right hand looks awkwardly positioned, and unless he's shooting a clay 6 feet after leaving the "low house" his barrel should have more elevation. I suppose it could be because he's a leftie (in every sense of the word), and I haven't really paid any attention to the shooting styles of that many southpaws - but, his general appearance (to me, anyway) is that of someone unfamiliar with shooting a shotgun (the shotgun itself even has that wussy barrel porting). The photo looks like somebody physically (and poorly) arranged him for the photo op. Or is it just me? Pax...

nobama

View attachment 9956
The above photo strikes me as "staged" - in the most common sense of that word's usage. From what I see, he looks like someone who has never fired a long gun of any kind in his life. His stance is not aggressive, his right hand looks awkwardly positioned, and unless he's shooting a clay 6 feet after leaving the "low house" his barrel should have more elevation. I suppose it could be because he's a leftie (in every sense of the word), and I haven't really paid any attention to the shooting styles of that many southpaws - but, his general appearance (to me, anyway) is that of someone unfamiliar with shooting a shotgun (the shotgun itself even has that wussy barrel porting). The photo looks like somebody physically (and poorly) arranged him for the photo op. Or is it just me? Pax...

Dont you all know the 2A is about skeet shooting? Everything this ass hat does is calculated.

LkWd_Don

View attachment 9956

Most folks I know do not wear their watch on the wrist of their primary hand. Meaning Right handers generally wear on left wrist, Left handers generally on right wrist.
Makes me wonder if this is a staged photo-op with a stand-in and they took advantage of the #1 MDI being a lefty to hide the face of a right-hander. Would also explain why this person looks so awkward in this picture.

Besides, is that second gas discharge an indication of a cracked barrel?

bunnspecial

Besides, is that second gas discharge an indication of a cracked barrel?

Look closely and you can see the porting on both barrels-that's where the gas discharge is coming from. My brother-in-law is big into skeet and has a Browning over-under with the same porting arrangement.

Aside from that, I agree with the opinions that it very much appears to be staged.

Last edited:

Saxxon

The barrel appears to have porting of some type. Heck, just imagine how much better off the country would have been if there had been a catastrophic failure and "Dear Leader" was prematurely removed from the world as Andrew Breitbart (and his coroner Michael Cormier), Keith Ratliff, John Noveske and Aaron Swartz were. The latter list starts to read like a Tom Clancy novel when you add in the peculiar timings of each of their deaths with surrounding events - ie about the release damning evidence against Obama the candidate, prominent firearms rights figures dieing within days of each other while an "assault weapon" ban and testimony are being presented.

Obama shoots skeet like Putin knits sweaters. Now his counter part and comrade in crime Putin, you can believe it when he shoulders a gun he knows and enjoys what he's doing.

John Canuck

Where is that picture from?

Why does the upper barrel have an extended chock, and not the lower one?

Aknazer

I'm a lefty and I wear my watch on my left hand (just feels natural) so I wouldn't say that's reason enough to think its fake/staged. Though when I first looked at it "something" did seem off but I don't know what it is. One thing I noticed is that his support hand seems in an odd/unnatural position but that's the only thing I could actually put my finger on.

LkWd_Don

I'm a lefty and I wear my watch on my left hand (just feels natural) so I wouldn't say that's reason enough to think its fake/staged. Though when I first looked at it "something" did seem off but I don't know what it is. One thing I noticed is that his support hand seems in an odd/unnatural position but that's the only thing I could actually put my finger on.

I guess I'm just dating myself.. there weren't battery operated watches as I was growing up, not till after I had graduated HS, and winding one generally was easier with the primary hand. Now, I guess that with long life battery operated watches, it doesn't really matter. I also went looking back through archive footage and see the #1 MDI wearing it on his left most any shot where you can see his wrists and arms.

palerider116

There is a problem with the timeline. The New York Times is reporting this picture was taken on on August 4, 2012, which was his 51st birthday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/us/politics/obamas-skeet-shooting-comments-draw-fire.html

However, the news articles from then state he was golfing. Not a single one mentions skeet shooting in them.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...es-51st-birthday-at-camp-david/1#.UQ4eZ4e9LCQ

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/08/04/obama-birthday_n_1741215.html

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1129063

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8730F820120804?irpc=932

He golfed and then went to Camp David at night. No skeet shooting ever mentioned and the lighting to the photo suggests a daytime photo-op, not nighttime.

Interesting.

zack991

There is a problem with the timeline. The New York Times is reporting this picture was taken on on August 4, 2012, which was his 51st birthday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/us/politics/obamas-skeet-shooting-comments-draw-fire.html

However, the news articles from then state he was golfing. Not a single one mentions skeet shooting in them.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...es-51st-birthday-at-camp-david/1#.UQ4eZ4e9LCQ

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/08/04/obama-birthday_n_1741215.html

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1129063

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8730F820120804?irpc=932

He golfed and then went to Camp David at night. No skeet shooting ever mentioned and the lighting to the photo suggests a daytime photo-op, not nighttime.

Interesting.

Agreed, but simply he is playing politics. If people claimed he never really cared about the poor and homeless they would have video or a photo of him at a soup kitchen. Yet he is not the worst politician in handling a firearm, at least he was not looking down the business end of the barrel.

Kerry-shotgun-226x300.jpg

schumer-tec-9-300x210.jpg

carnahantargetsmaller1-300x199.jpg

Dianne-feinstein-300x244.jpg

dianne-feinstein-2-300x214.jpg

So, comparatively speaking, Obama’s photo op isn’t that bad. Sure, as somebody noted on Twitter Obama isn’t going to hit jack or sh*t by focusing on the gun barrel, and he’s pretty much begging for a nasty shoulder bruise by not having any padding there, but at least I’m not saying Get that gun away from that idjit before he hurts somebody with it. Swear to God, but it seems like the people who we need the most gun control over would be Democratic politicians mugging for the camera.

http://moelane.com/2013/02/02/barack-obama-skeet-shooting/

Last edited:

zack991

White House sends out more photos.

More photos have been discovered from Camp David. I do not take credit for any of these.

549880_430025160413054_1603559147_n_zpsd8851b1b.jpg

BCIjreDCQAArdyOjpglarge_zps85fea531.jpg

BCIOKAwCMAAOp1hjpglarge_zps50f7c464.jpg

Obama has started his own gun company that he says will stop all gun violence and promote love and peace.

USsWuIw_zps635aecf9.jpg

Last edited:

Tolerance

More photos have been discovered from Camp David. I do not take credit for any of these.

EDIT: Images removed from response to cut down thread size :)

Obama has started his own gun company that he says will stop all gun violence and promote love and peace.

USsWuIw_zps635aecf9.jpg

Hey, don't you realize that the statement the White House released makes those picture modifications illegal!? You're going to get us all in trouble for practicing our 1st A Rights.... *Sarcasm Sign*

On AboveTopSecret they actually removed all of the photos that were modified lol. What a joke of a site.

Missed a photo, woops....

Last edited:

zack991

Hey, don't you realize that the statement the White House released makes those picture modifications illegal!? You're going to get us all in trouble for practicing our 1st A Rights.... *Sarcasm Sign*

On AboveTopSecret they actually removed all of the photos that were modified lol. What a joke of a site.

Missed a photo, woops....

Nope. Falls under the following. Lol just incase we have people here that dont know the law.
http://www.copyright.gov/title17

One of the rights accorded to the owner of copyright is the right to reproduce or to authorize others to reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords. This right is subject to certain limitations found in sections 107 through 118 of the copyright law (title 17, U. S. Code). One of the more important limitations is the doctrine of “fair use.” The doctrine of fair use has developed through a substantial number of court decisions over the years and has been codified in section 107 of the copyright law.

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair.

The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
The nature of the copyrighted work
The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
The distinction between what is fair use and what is infringement in a particular case will not always be clear or easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Last edited: