• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fire mission: Sun. 08SEP OC in Appleton, WI

MKEgal

Saturday afternoon (07SEP13) 2 men OC (both pistols & long guns) were felony stopped at gunpoint by Appleton PD officers, cuffed & stuffed, their property seized, searched, serial #s run, they were held about an hour - all with no RAS of a crime - and it's clear that the police were trying every trick in the book & searching for any little thing to ticket or arrest them for.

It's clear that the officers were enforcing their own opinions - they can be heard directing each other to go to local businesses and tell employees that they don't want guns on their property. (Which isn't a legally-enforcable prohibition anyway.)

And one of the first things an officer did was to turn off the camera of one of the victims. Can you say "guilty conscience"?

Over on the WI Carry FB page we're discussing a OC meet-n-greet at the Starbuck's at 3314 W College Ave., Appleton (just east of I-41) from 1-3pm SUNDAY 08SEP (that's tomorrow, as I'm writing this).
Here's the event page.

Here's the thread in the WI Carry page.

Here's audio from one of the victims (long).

Join us if you can.
We may go downtown to protest at the cop shop, but that's not a firm plan yet.

(And please, no "I can't make it" or "I don't do facebook". I've given you all the information - place, time, date. If you can be there, great. If you can't, we'll miss you but don't need to know about it.)

Last edited:

protias

Hmm, I guess those cops will enjoy some fines and spend some time in jail for excessive force.

(ar) Any law enforcement officer who uses excessive
force based solely on an individual’s status as a licensee
may be fined not more than $500 or sentenced to a term
of imprisonment of not more than 30 days or both. The
application of the criminal penalty under this paragraph
does not preclude the application of any other civil or
criminal remedy.
(b) Any person who violates sub. (16) may be fined
not more than $500 or imprisoned for not more than 30
days or both.

How was the get together? I was out of the state and couldn't make it.

Last edited:

Motofixxer

The farmers market was apparently a general open air blocked off street typical kind of market

The meet was uneventful really other than the officers that kept circling the building approximately 4-5 times and were seen repeatedly after that for maybe an hour or so. Then they seemed to have disappeared. I think a couple of people chatted with them as they parked in back and walked by. Apparently one officer asked that we please don't bring out the rifles or something like that.

Then after Starbucks for a while we drove to the PD and the two gentlemen went into the station to do a records request, with another witness. Nothing really happened then either. Then we walked for a while downtown and got invited into a bar for a football pig roast party. Then the guy had to ask employees if we could be in there with firearms(there was no sign) the door guy said the policy was no. But if he had his way, we could. He said he would carry too and be like hey guys, pull up his shirt saying see look it guys I got one too and saying lets do this come on in. He was a funny lil hispanic guy with a strong accent. He apologized for the owner rules. We told him tell management and owners they just lost a bunch of business but we left some info for em to review.

MKEgal

protias said:
I guess those cops will enjoy some fines and spend some time in jail for excessive force.
(ar) Any law enforcement officer who uses excessive force based solely on an individual’s status as a licensee may be fined not more than $500 or sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not more than 30 days or both.
Except that they didn't know the 2 victims were licensees until after they'd been held at gunpoint (rifle), then cuffed & stuffed.
The excessive force came about simply because they were exercising RKBA.
That's a federal crime. :)

ETA: and I think they're only now discovering that one of the victims has audio of their conversations, which reveals their attitudes... which stink.
Pretty sure John Monroe will make mincemeat out of those officers in short order.

ETA2: short video and long audio posted in this thread

Last edited:

chowda

What kind of buffoon would walk around a farmers market with ARs? Then get all teary eyed whiny when the cops check them out? Give me a break.

chowda

What kind of troll would come to a gun rights site and speak out against gun rights?
I guess the thinking isn't that complicated here, so I may have to back up a little.

I saw a picture of someone dressed all in black with even a black fedora with a pistol gripped shotgun over his back, surrounded by reporters of course. It looked like it was in a commercial district, retail.
Do gun owners dress up in their head to toe black tactical outfits to go window shopping for photo ops? While his fedora was funny--his dad may get mad if he found out what he did with his hat--I've never found a reason to put an 870 across my back to stroll around malls.

You must shop in bad areas.

What's a "fire mission"? Isn't that a military term?

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
I guess the thinking isn't that complicated here, so I may have to back up a little.

I saw a picture of someone dressed all in black with even a black fedora with a pistol gripped shotgun over his back, surrounded by reporters of course. It looked like it was in a commercial district, retail.
Do gun owners dress up in their head to toe black tactical outfits to go window shopping for photo ops? While his fedora was funny--his dad may get mad if he found out what he did with his hat--I've never found a reason to put an 870 across my back to stroll around malls.

You must shop in bad areas.

What's a "fire mission"? Isn't that a military term?

Gun owners dress however THEY want to. Just as you do. Free country, and all................

chowda

Gun owners dress however THEY want to. Just as you do. Free country, and all................
Seeing as you're close to madison, then I guess you understand laughing at how absurd people look when they dress to express themselves. (For those not from wisconsin, madison is full of liberal/progressive fruitloops, gay parades, and all sorts of weird stuff).

How you present yourselves is how you are received. Why do you think there are so many photographers at gun rallys? You guys are feeding your enemy.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Seeing as you're close to madison, then I guess you understand laughing at how absurd people look when they dress to express themselves. (For those not from wisconsin, madison is full of liberal/progressive fruitloops, gay parades, and all sorts of weird stuff).

How you present yourselves is how you are received. Why do you think there are so many photographers at gun rallys? You guys are feeding your enemy.

Your opinion. You have no idea how I dress.

chowda

What is your opinion of how one should dress while OCing?
People can dress anyway they want if they are just going about their normal activities. But if one is doing open carry (with a pistol), one should be adult enough to comprehend that when people see him/her/it, that oc-er is a representative of our community.

So dressing up like some basement dwelling role playing gamer will make that person/kid look like they do--silly. Just like the pictures of the freaks at the gay pride parades are passed around and shown to normal people with the "this is who they are", same applies here.

Now throw on an 'assault weapon' or a pistol gripped shotgun, etc. and now those not into guns, or those that are, or those that just use them to hunt, or well, most people will look at that thing walking down the street and wonder if that person is trying to be dylan klebold or eric harris. Or any of the following socially challenged weirdos that went off.

Here in WI, we have a really, REALLY good thing. Kids out playing ninja army won't help things out at all and very well will be used to turn this state into new york, or more recently, colorado.

Want sport utility rifles banned here? Want standard capacity mags banned? You little dumbasses playing your stupid games will be the poster children for that movement.
But we will be able to carry our single shot pistols.....

Firearms Iinstuctor

Chowda we have it better then it was and better then some states but the new law doesn't follow the constitution.

You maybe willing to stop with what we have.

But the states with constitutionally carry have it better.

Remain seated in the back of the bus and don't eat at certain lunch counters if you want.

Worry about making anti gunners mad at you. Wow they don't like are guns and well do every thing in their power to ban them any no matter how much you kiss their butts and say please don't.

They take and take and expect us to give and give.

We tried for years to be nice and say please don't take all of our guns just leave my hunting guns alone.

They want them all give in to one ban they well come up with excuses to ban another just look to CA. and see what happens.

Interceptor_Knight

You guys are feeding your enemy.

You little dumbasses playing your stupid games will be the poster children for that movement....
....clearly, walking around with long guns in public places is exponentially stupid.
I mean.....really.
3odjec.jpg

You maybe willing to stop with what we have.
But the states with constitutionally carry have it better.
Remain seated in the back of the bus and don't eat at certain lunch counters if you want.
Worry about making anti gunners mad at you. Wow they don't like are guns and well do every thing in their power to ban them any no matter how much you kiss their butts and say please don't.
We tried for years to be nice and say please don't take all of our guns just leave my hunting guns alone.
This.. We need to show a unified front better than the gun grabbers do. We need less Zumbos and more unapologetic gun rights supporters...

Last edited: