• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn at the Puyallup Costco

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I hope you're aware that Costco is an established anti-gun business.

Just hope they don't cause a repeat of the Erik Scott incident on you. :uhoh:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

While I agree with everything you just said, I like to make sure everyone is aware that Erik was not OC. He was concealing, poorly.

MattinWA

Lol, I have OC all through spokane valley costco and no one said a word.Ii have done this once, and it was before I knew of all the anti gun drama w/ costco

sudden valley gunner

Good for nothing Canadians, don't like it stay north of your imaginary line..

;)

I say that will all the possible love for my maple syrup making, tim hortons coffee drinking friends to the north..

Some tried to get me evicted at Wal-mart....didn't work....;)

Most are actually pretty supportive though, I get into lots of conversations, and one time got a free bag of booze....:lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Some tried to get me evicted at Wal-mart....didn't work....;)

Most are actually pretty supportive though, I get into lots of conversations, and one time got a free bag of booze....:lol:

I'm almost scared to ask. What kind of booze comes in a bag.

Gimme a bottle, barrel, or mason jar. But not a bag--too hard to roll down the edges and drink without spilling after the first half hour. :)

OC for ME

...off the north coast of Sardinia.
That would be in the water, technically speaking. La Maddalena, or perhaps Bonifacio? Technically, there is very little "north coast" of Sardegna looking at a map of the island. A great deal of NW and NE coast is available though.

;)

sudden valley gunner

I'm almost scared to ask. What kind of booze comes in a bag.

Gimme a bottle, barrel, or mason jar. But not a bag--too hard to roll down the edges and drink without spilling after the first half hour. :)

Nothing great but it was a variety of cheap party booze, my wife did enjoy the several frozen premade daqueries though. They couldn't bring it back across the border without hassle so gave it to the guy with a gun. ;)

EMNofSeattle

No they're a kinda sorta if someone complains they may or may not make up a policy on open carry sort of business. I've open carried in the Costco in Missoula Montana and no issues.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
No they're a kinda sorta if someone complains they may or may not make up a policy on open carry sort of business. I've open carried in the Costco in Missoula Montana and no issues.

Costco has a corporate policy outright prohibiting firearms in all their locations, period.

The Costcos in my area have trained the doormen to deny entry to visibly armed patrons.

It's definitely not what you describe.

Unless that was supposed to be a reference to Starbucks, which isn't comparable.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Costco has a corporate policy outright prohibiting firearms in all their locations, period.

The Costcos in my area have trained the doormen to deny entry to visibly armed patrons.

It's definitely not what you describe.

Unless that was supposed to be a reference to Starbucks, which isn't comparable.

They keep claiming they have one.... Personally I carry anyway. I haven't been bothered, it's not in the membership agreement, and since I pay money for the privelage of entering It would be breach of contract as far as I'm concerned.

Of course in the WA costcos I've been carrying concealed. But I've open carried in two montana locations and am yet to be asked to leave.

I would like a member to take them to court... It seems to me that if you get a Costco card you're contractually agreeing to their conditions in exchange for right of entry, and if they keep you out based off of non agreed upon rules while taking your money to allow you in that to me would be breach of contract..... My reasoning is not something I'm willing to try in court, but it makes me feel better about CC inside the local warehouse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...I would like a member to take them to court... It seems to me that if you get a Costco card you're contractually agreeing to their conditions in exchange for right of entry, and if they keep you out based off of non agreed upon rules while taking your money to allow you in that to me would be breach of contract..... My reasoning is not something I'm willing to try in court, but it makes me feel better about CC inside the local warehouse

Even if their anti-gun policy wasn't known (I've seen it in writing through one of these threads before), I'm pretty sure their membership agreement would have the standard language that the terms can change at any time and that your recourse if you do not agree with the changes is a full refund of your membership dues.

Several members, even after using most of their 12-month term, have received full year's refunds for canceling their membership of this blatantly anti-gun corporation. Just because a local manager doesn't care to enforce it, doesn't mean you aren't supporting a vehemently anti-gun outfit.