• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Firearm signs. Complained and was told this.

rightwinglibertarian

A bit of background. I've been out of the country for years. I return and I set about reacquainting myself and discover that because I have no credit or debit history that they can find (there is but 10+ years ago) Banks are denying me a bank account.

So I decide to go into any old bank regardless of whether they allow carry or not. Of course I have to complain to the member of staff about the dangerous and unsafe establishment they have and asked them why they denied the citizens right to protect themselves and I got asked "well do you want an account or not?" To me this simply evades the question, is bad service and I would be tempted to walk right back out is disgust but i'm not sure I have a choice. I've already had two banks decline me as they couldnt find information they had no business searching for in the first place and I certainly didn't give my consent for it and the rest seem to be very rude and evasive. My question is how would I best deal with such a question? Of course I want an account or I wouldnt be there but i'm certainly going to voice my unhappiness.

As a side point yes I do mention signs but I ask them if they think it's ok to have a sign up with the force of law meaning an innocent person who simply wants to protect themselves gets stung by a $1000 fine for wanting to be safe. Then I ask how that qualifies as good service or gives people a reason to use their services.

FattyKrack

Well, to get you started, Walmart has reasonable bank/debit system that supports direct deposit. My woman is in the delinquent system of banks, blah blah, and it's her go to option.
I do not recommend any bank, but will say wells Fargo and chase both don't mind OC. I opened an account when I was 18 with no credit.. Not sure the problem.
Best of luck.

OC for ME

Firstly: Get a bank account. Use a small local bank. Bring in cash, some small-ish amount , <$1000, then ask, if they balk "You want my business or not?" Small banks need you money and a G is not too much but enough to get their attention regarding your intentions.

Secondly: OC while doing so and inform them that your dedication to a financial relationship is predicated on their ability to tend to their own business...the banking business.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that they were being very direct and honest: your words have no effect on us .. you want an acct or not?

They do not have to answer your questions.

You should not continually demand an answer to an unanswered query.

Want answers? Sue them and serve them with interrogatories.

Believe it or not, I have filed lawsuits just for this expressed purpose...to get answers to questions they do not want to answer...when I have a viable cause of action associated with the defendant.

You appear not to have that much issue with the signage.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Since the OP is dealing with the question of signs, which is a state specific issue, have moved this to the Wisconsin sub-forum.

MontanaResident

One must have good credit to get a bank account? Never heard of such.

I got my 1st bank account nearly 50 years ago. I had no credit, good or bad. I didn't know what credit was, cause I was 7. Maybe I got in on the "Mom was with me" loop hole. :)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I went thru a half dozen banks before I found one to suit my needs. I did not ask for much, debit card, direct deposit, no checks, no hassel about weapons. First time the bank breaks one of my "rules", the acct is closed and I get a new bank. I do not transfer, I draw the entire amount in cash and leave. My current bank is very friendly, welcomes my pistol, and gives me a steady supply of two dollar bills that I use for tip money.

Bottom line is money.........I give mine to those who appreciate me. Not the other way around. Free market always wins. It,s YOUR money.

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

LOL wellll you can call me Ray or you can call me Jay or you can call me johnny but ya doesnt have to call me Doug:)

How about Sock? Or do you prefer Puppet? (that might be closer to the truth...) :lol:

Sadly, most members in the Wisconsin forum would recognize your stench anywhere, Doug. I L'dMAO when I read that even Grape has sniffed you out! :p
:banana: :monkey

rightwinglibertarian

You betcha a bank can refuse to do business with you. It is a service, not a right.

That hardly answered the query, Doug.

In a way it did. It shows the attitude nowadays. And nowadays banks want to know all sorts whether it's their business to know or not. "let us invade your privacy or you get no account.

Credit Union

Nope. I tried Altra which is within Festival and 1) the declined me and 2) they deny carry. I was also told Festival is no carry though I saw no signs to say so

rightwinglibertarian

Since the OP is dealing with the question of signs, which is a state specific issue, have moved this to the Wisconsin sub-forum.

still not sure about that. I know people tend to say avoid mentioning signs but when they are mentioned in the context of penallising people who simply want to protect themselves maybe it will do some good? The whole bank thing was just background and kinda OT for this forum, really. The issue there is the system is not conducive to keeping ones privacy.

Franky

How about Sock? Or do you prefer Puppet? (that might be closer to the truth...) :lol:

Sadly, most members in the Wisconsin forum would recognize your stench anywhere, Doug. I L'dMAO when I read that even Grape has sniffed you out! :p
:banana: :monkey

My word, what a stinky and offensive post. You can call me Franky but you doesnt has to call me sock or puppet or Doug:)

Last edited: