• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner with out of staters - Manassas 6/22/11

okiephlyer

I agree, El Rey Tolteca it should be then. Set a time and we're good.

Still thinking the 22nd, is 630PM too early? Do some of you need more time?
My group is not on any timetable so we are flexible. On one hand I don't want to be too early and people not have time after work to get there, and on the other hand, don't want to go so late that people need to rush out to get home.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Perfect for me... once we get close and have some numbers I'll call 'em and tell 'em to expect us.

user

Accomplished Advocate
We eat dinner generally earlier than that in our house, but I am perfectly fine for 6:30pm on that day. Looking forward to it.

We could get there earlier and guzzle iced tea or something while waiting for the crowd to assemble. I'll plan on being there at five, that way, I'll probably show up by five-thirty.

I told 'em to expect us that evening, they're all cool with that. One guy who didn't speak English very well thought I was talking about having a gun show in the restaurant, and he was a little nervous about that, but the other guy managed to persuade him we were going to be there to eat and talk, but just happened to be carrying guns. I mentioned the phrase, "fashion accessory".

I will probably be in W.Va. this week, and in an area that has little or no telecommunications of any kind (one of the "rural parts" of W.Va.) so can someone else tabulate the guest list and give notice to the restaurant? Tell 'em that it is the meeting that "Mr. Daniel" told them about (I gave 'em my card, but because "Daniel" is a common surname in Mexico and Central America, folks from that area don't bother trying to pronounce, "Hawes", and almost always call me, "Mr. Daniel").

okiephlyer

I'm back.

Got home a little before midnight last night. A few days to recover from vacation and I'm back on the job. The Oklahoma group stands at 6 right now, with one or two more possibles. If I am counting right, there are 4 on the forum that said they would be there, user, jonton, southern boy and swinokur. If I am wrong, please forgive me. Anyone else needs to chime in and let us know.
El Ray Tolteca
June 22nd
630PM.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I think it's pretty likely that I'll still be tied up at the time of this event (dammit); I will certainly not be there in time to co-ordinate with the restaurant. I posted their business card above. So someone call them with the information to let them know who's coming, eh?

Last edited:

okiephlyer

I think it's pretty likely that I'll still be in W.VA. at the time of this event (dammit); I will certainly not be there in time to co-ordinate with the restaurant. I posted their business card above. So someone call them with the information to let them know who's coming, eh?

I will take care of the phone call on Tuesday evening when we get to town.
user - Wish you could make it. Would a different night work? Since we are travellling, we are eating out for lunch and dinner each day . If you can't make the big group, maybe we could have a small group and meet at a more convenient location for you.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I will take care of the phone call on Tuesday evening when we get to town.
user - Wish you could make it. Would a different night work? Since we are travellling, we are eating out for lunch and dinner each day . If you can't make the big group, maybe we could have a small group and meet at a more convenient location for you.

Thanks. If you're still going to be around on Saturday evening, I could meet you then. If I can get there on Wednesday, I'll almost certainly show up. I have hopes, but I need to spend days in the clerk's office reviewing land records for different parcels going back over a hundred years. That's kind of tedious and time consuming. I'd much rather have a burrito. Like I say, I have hopes.

Last edited:

okiephlyer

Thanks. If you're still going to be around on Saturday evening, I could meet you then. If I can get there on Wednesday, I'll almost certainly show up. I have hopes, but I need to spend days in the clerk's office reviewing land records for different parcels going back over a hundred years. That's kind of tedious and time consuming. I'd much rather have a burrito. Like I say, I have hopes.

We will keep hoping for Wednesday. Our plans have us leaving Friday morning, but we will be back at some time in the future. Keep you posted.

swinokur

Activist Member
I'm probably not gonna make it. Iam recovering from foot surgery and my recovery is taking longer than planned.

I regret not being able to make it and meet everybody.

okiephlyer

Getting close

The Oklahoma boys are in town. There are 6 of us, plus my cousin from Warrenton, plus 3 of you locals. Looks like a good crowd with 10 people.. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Stay safe
Al

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Well if this event was tomorrow I would be happy to meet all you guys and see Southernboy again. Buy alas, I am not free until the evening of 6/23. Just for future reference there are a lot of good places to eat on the other side of Manassas over on Liberia Ave. Also Centerville has a few good places. That said the best of them is probably Longhorn. I am afraid I have never had a good Mexican food experience and so You guys have fun.

Regards

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Well if this event was tomorrow I would be happy to meet all you guys and see Southernboy again. Buy alas, I am not free until the evening of 6/23. Just for future reference there are a lot of good places to eat on the other side of Manassas over on Liberia Ave. Also Centerville has a few good places. That said the best of them is probably Longhorn. I am afraid I have never had a good Mexican food experience and so You guys have fun.

Regards

Hit me up anytime, Hawk. I would enjoy putting something together here soon.