• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Primary results

Thundar

We worked hard in the 3rd Congressional District to promote Ron Paul and it looks like the effort was a winner.So Dr. Paul didn't do so great, but he did win the third congressional district and will collect those delegates. It was strictly a two man race because write in candidates are not allowed and only the gun grabber and Dr. Paul collected the required signatures.

It is a pity that Mitt the gun grabber is the candidate who will take 90 % of Virginia's Republican delegates.

Fortunately, in the general election write in candidates are allowed. I will open carry my Sig and my pencil.

hermannr

Thanks for the effort Thundar. I did my bit here in WA too, and our county did go for Dr Paul (along with 8 other counties).

I just wonder what itis going to take for the Republician Party to see they are going to end up like the Progressive Conservitives in Canada (party died in 2004). If you don't bring the young people in, and you don't work with the independents, you will kill yourself as a party.

Secondly, and more importantly, how bad is this country going to have to get before the average Joe Citizen wakes up to the pending fiscal disaster.

I was seriously disapointed in the VA results...really.

Last edited:

MamabearCali

I voted for Paul, but I made my decision in about the last 24 hours. I decided I could not in good conscience pull the lever for Romney in a primary. Considering that Ron Paul got 40% of the vote I am not too disappointed. Better than I expected.

ManInBlack

I just got back from the Ada County (Boise) Republican Caucus. I have to say I am disheartened. Despite a record turnout for the Republican caucuses this year, with over 9,000 voters, Dr. Paul finished in third place with ~21% of the vote after the first round of balloting (the newt got shamed with 3%). Santorum obtained 22%, and gun-grabbin', flip-flopping', socialized medicinin' Mitt walked away with 51%, allowing him to win the caucus without additional rounds. I figured Ada County would go for Mitt because it is the seat of the Republican establishment and is fairly lib; unfortunately, I am sorry to report that the pattern held for most of the state. I really expected a much better showing in Idaho.

I have resigned myself to writing in Dr. Paul in November and enjoying what is left of our liberties while I can, because I fear we will not have them for too much longer.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have resigned myself to writing in Dr. Paul in November and enjoying what is left of our liberties while I can, because I fear we will not have them for too much longer.

By the pricking of my thumbs.................