• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC 12 tonight at 11pm - Pistol Packing Moms

sidestreet

When all is said and done…,

Thanks PS. : ) PeterNap is right. I had wrist surgery in February and had not shot since then on the advice of my surgeon. As to my stance, because of the metal rod in my leg I have to stand how is comfortable. And considering I hadn't shot in close to a year, I did a lot better than I thought I would. I was trying not to hurt my wrist again as I'd rather not have surgery again.

Thanks again for asking me to come out. I look at it this way, if the ONLY thing people can find out of the WHOLE video to complain about was my form, then I did a damn good job.

and the dust has settled, the ONLY point that will matter is if you were able to place enough effective shots on target in time enough to prevent the target from doing the same thing to you.

Candy's post also makes clear that even folks with special needs should not have their rights infringed upon, much less their right to self defense.

Mission accomplished Candy, Jim. Thank You.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

ClumsyCandy

and the dust has settled, the ONLY point that will matter is if you were able to place enough effective shots on target in time enough to prevent the target from doing the same thing to you.

Candy's post also makes clear that even folks with special needs should not have their rights infringed upon, much less their right to self defense.

Mission accomplished Candy, Jim. Thank You.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Thanks SS! I enjoyed doing it (aside from the whole trying not to cry part) and I was about 99% pleased with it. Aside from the fact that I started shooting a few years BEFORE i met my husband but whatever LOL

Rusty Young Man

Thanks SS! I enjoyed doing it (aside from the whole trying not to cry part) and I was about 99% pleased with it. Aside from the fact that I started shooting a few years BEFORE i met my husband but whatever LOL

Then props to you for shooting even while not fully recovered from surgery (that's commitment:D).

Also, I'm glad the news report didn't try to skew the whole thing to make you out to be some sort of crazed pistol-packing lunatic. They seemed to do a fairly good job sticking to the facts.

Keep fighting the good fight ClumsyCandy.

ClumsyCandy

Then props to you for shooting even while not fully recovered from surgery (that's commitment:D).

Also, I'm glad the news report didn't try to skew the whole thing to make you out to be some sort of crazed pistol-packing lunatic. They seemed to do a fairly good job sticking to the facts.

Keep fighting the good fight ClumsyCandy.

Thanks! : )

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
With the injury issues that CC was dealing with, I think she did a stellar job. Hit the target every time. When she's 100%, I'll be happy to show her a more defensive stance/posture.

The reporter was great to work with on this. No agenda whatsoever. Just wanted to tell the story.

WalkingWolf

With the injury issues that CC was dealing with, I think she did a stellar job. Hit the target every time. When she's 100%, I'll be happy to show her a more defensive stance/posture.

The reporter was great to work with on this. No agenda whatsoever. Just wanted to tell the story.

I haven't looked at the video yet, I will later. But does she use a wrist brace to help with the injury while shooting?

ClumsyCandy

I haven't looked at the video yet, I will later. But does she use a wrist brace to help with the injury while shooting?

I have one but chose not to use it as they were filming and knew I was either going to be criticized for wearing it while shooting or criticized for poor form. Either way, if that's all anyone can find to criticize, I did what I set out to do. Educate. Advocate.

WalkingWolf

I have one but chose not to use it as they were filming and knew I was either going to be criticized for wearing it while shooting or criticized for poor form. Either way, if that's all anyone can find to criticize, I did what I set out to do. Educate. Advocate.

You sound like my wife. Don't worry about what some numpty criticizes about. I have a hard time getting my wife to wear her elbow brace, so I told her not to complain about it hurting. Honestly most people really don't care about such things, what is more important is your comfort, and healing.

Marco

-snip-
I had wrist surgery in February and had not shot since then on the advice of my surgeon.

I hadn't shot in close to a year

if the ONLY thing people can find out of the WHOLE video to complain about was my form, then I did a damn good job.

Glad to see you healing up there.

Only hits count, there are no style points awarded. You did greatttt!

Maybe a reloader in your area could help you out with some lighter loads so you can get out and practice without fear of re-injury.

And, sorry for your lose (your grandmother).

Last edited:

ClumsyCandy

Glad to see you healing up there.

Only hits count, there are no style points awarded. You did greatttt!

Maybe a reloader in your area could help you out with some lighter loads so you can get out and practice without fear of re-injury.

And, sorry for your lose (your grandmother).

Thanks Marco. It was seriously hard watching. Even after 18 years. Never gets easier.

And my husband reloads, it was more me being concerned : ) Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll mention it to him. Unfortunately, reloading supplies are harder to find than unicorns!

WalkingWolf

Thanks Marco. It was seriously hard watching. Even after 18 years. Never gets easier.

And my husband reloads, it was more me being concerned : ) Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll mention it to him. Unfortunately, reloading supplies are harder to find than unicorns!

I believe it is getting better, though more expensive. I just bought brass, bullets, and dies for 32-20, no wait at all. My LGS in Vass has plenty of primers, though they have doubled in price.

WalkingWolf

I didn't think anyone reloaded .32-20 anymore! :)

I have to, ammo is 50 bucks a box. Fortunately when I bought the gun the guy at the counter gave me a box of old R&P because he could not sell. Ammo looked and shot good for it's age. But I enjoy shooting the little gun, once I get it dialed in it should make a good rabbit gun.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Women are generally coming in, they're with a clean slate. They haven't learned bad habits, so they're easier to teach and they listen to direction better. They follow everything you tell them, every step of the way, said Reynolds.
Guys? No so much.;)