• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Cantor & RKBA: Will he answer questions?

Repeater

Every so often, Cantor holds what he calls "Advisory Council Meetings" so his supporters can swoon and admire the House GOP Majority Leader. Given his record on gun votes, can he be trusted now to defend gun rights, no matter what?

Well, gun owners could try and ask him. He will hold a CAC Meeting at the Westin Hotel, 6631 W. Broad St., Monday afternoon, April 8th, beginning at 5:30PM for the usual Meet & Greet, followed by the General Meeting at 6PM.

RSVP:
Join the Advisory Council
(804) 358-6160

David Adams believes Cantor will defend our gun rights and is critical of the new TV ad running on the local TV stations. See the blog below, which includes the ad from the NAGR:

Press a No-show At NAGR Press Conference

va_tazdad

I am not so sure Cantor will stand up for the 2nd Amendment.

I asked the same question of Warner, Kaine and Cantor.

"How is it that a fully automatic M4 in the hands of the DHS is a “Personal Defense Weapon”, but a semi-automatic AR-15 in the hands of a legally armed citizen (me) is an assault weapon?"

All 3 replied, but all 3 sent a canned reply that claimed they would look at the proposals from Joe Biden and his company/crew of anti-gun idiots.

NONE of the 3 answered the question.

Repeater

Will Cantor support "Straw Purchase" legislation?

The concern I have is whether Cantor will capitulate on proposed "Straw Purchase" legislation and support such bills even if poorly written.

Cantor says background checks a possibility
The number two House Republican said Tuesday that he supports beefed up background checks for gun sales, an indication of where potential gun control legislation could be headed on Capitol Hill.

Obama said Monday that lawmakers in Congress from both parties were working together on plans that would expand background checks to all gun purchases and criminalize "straw purchases" in which legal gun owners buy weapons for people prohibited from doing so.

Forty-five

"How is it that a fully automatic M4 in the hands of the DHS is a “Personal Defense Weapon”, but a semi-automatic AR-15 in the hands of a legally armed citizen (me) is an assault weapon?"

All 3 replied, but all 3 sent a canned reply that claimed they would look at the proposals from Joe Biden and his company/crew of anti-gun idiots.

Follow up with a phone call. They work for you.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member

[video=youtube;Eg2Nqq5-v5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg2Nqq5-v5g[/video]

Last edited:

Repeater

Should Gun Owners confront Eric Cantor?

It seems Eric Cantor is becoming ever more squishy. Is he becoming a snake?

Eric Cantor's move to the middle rankles leaders
The change in Cantor’s orbit is not only cosmetic, it’s substantive. In the past 16 months, his staff has seen significant turnover — he has lost more than a dozen aides, many of them senior hands.

Four former deputy chiefs of staff will be gone by the end of the month: longtime well-respected hand Kyle Nevins, John Murray, Brad Dayspring and Bill Dolbow. Shimmy Stein, a top policy hand for Cantor, is now downtown. Mike Ference, who was a liaison with outside groups, is now a partner at Shockey Scofield Solutions. Laena Fallon, Cantor’s former communications director, is gone, as is deputy press secretary Jessica Straus and rapid-response aide Brian Patrick. Sergio Rodriguez and David Silverman — who are both speechwriters — have left. Matt Lira and Steve Johnson, who are both digital gurus for the majority leader, have departed. Matt Bravo, who worked on the floor for Cantor, is now at the Energy and Commerce Committee.

Perhaps Cantor is preparing to betray American gun owners as he is evolving.

Under these circumstances, perhaps his gun-carrying constituents should confront Eric at his Council meeting and advise him on his duty to obey the U.S. Constitution. Maybe this posting needs to be sticky.

HPmatt

A primary challenger for Cantor?

http://www.talkradionews.com/congre...da-sparks-primary-challenge.html#.UvRVwqXG4dM

Dave Brat, economics professor at Randolph Macon? Has support of the Richmond Tea Party? Talked to Goodlatte's office - his lady in Staunton sure could tell me how much better our Texas border security w/b after Boehner's immigration bill. Told her sure - they'd ALL be US citizens then - so no illegals to worry about.

Don't know Brat's stand on 2A but would think if Cantor could make a buck pro or con, he'd be selling it to the highest bidder - is already doing this to the nation.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Should not pose questions in such a manner. Ask "In five words or less, ..."

Repeater

Consider Peter Greenwald

Met him personally; he's the real deal:

Peter Greenwald for U.S. Congress
CHALLENGING ERIC CANTOR ...

for the Republican nomination to represent Virginia's 7th Congressional District

IN OUR FIGHT TO RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC AND OUR LIBERTY

Issues

WE THE PEOPLE must restore our Constitutional Republic now. Many of the issues we face as a country have resulted from our moving away from The Founders' view of the proper role of the federal government. As stated in the Declaration of Independence, we are "endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." Today, our federal government no longer secures our rights but rather threatens our liberty. WE THE PEOPLE must once again answer the trumpet call of Patrick Henry and fight for RESTORATION NOW.

Below you will find my perspectives, convictions and solutions for several of the issues we face admittedly from a Christian worldview. Beginning here, I will provide a quote from our Founders and the Bible in support of my stand on each of the issues.

Your Right to Self Defense

Our Declaration principles include an implicit God-given right to self defense. No government at any level, i.e. federal, state or local should infringe upon that right. Moreover, forced registration of firearms violates our 4th Amendment rights to be secure in our persons, houses, papers and effects.