• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So whats the difference???

gilbert502

I Have a Glock 22 that I have carried for about 2.5 years. Every trip out of my house its on me. Or was. Any who. I have only had one issue in that amount of time. Thaat was the lady at Mcdonalds. Not really got any looks, or even heard ppl talking about me carrying it. I recently bought myself a Ruger Blackhawk .357 that is my new OC gun. Since I have been OCing it, I get looks ppl whispering, ppl following me at Walmart. Makes me chuckle inside, but I cant help but wonder, whats the difference?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Might be coincidence, might not.

One difference is the ever-present "Is that a cop?" that people often wonder when they see an OC'er. It's easier for them to think that maybe it is when they see a black plastic pistol instead of a real gun like a Blackhawk...

neuroblades

There could be many reasons as to why people do that but I'd have to guess that it might be because the Blackhawk is basically about 1.5 times larger than the poly Glock, not to mention the fact that the Blackhawk resembles a old cowboy gun. I seriously doubt that all the attention has anything to do with people mistaking you for LEO. I haven't seen a LEO carry a wheel gun in the past 20 years, unless it's a small BUG. It could also have something to do with the fact that most folks out there rarely see a cowboy gun in this day and age. *LOL*

Rusty Young Man

Might be coincidence, might not.

One difference is the ever-present "Is that a cop?" that people often wonder when they see an OC'er. It's easier for them to think that maybe it is when they see a black plastic pistol instead of a real gun like a Blackhawk...

I like what you did there.:lol:

To the OP: Sometimes it's just that people simply don't SEE the gun. There has to be an almost comical degree of contrast for some people to notice a sidearm, so it may be that the Glock you used to carry just didn't stand out enough. What's the finish of the Blackhawk? It may be easiest for us to determine the color if we were to get a photo of it.:p

gilbert502

eehhh

Size, holster, belt styles could have a lot to do with it.

I dnt think so. Just a nylon black holster, regular leather belt. Its blued with a stainless trigger. Its been a conversation starter cause a couple ppl have ask me what kind of pistol it was. I had 3 younger guys in lville talking about it. Me and family was eating at whitecastle on outerloop when one of them seen it and told his buddys there was a us marshall sitting down and they needed to "get outto hurr". I dnt achknowledge anyone more then I ever did if they are staring. maybe im just getting crazy as I get into my 30's. Well, that's quite possible actually....

DrakeZ07

I dnt think so. Just a nylon black holster, regular leather belt. Its blued with a stainless trigger. Its been a conversation starter cause a couple ppl have ask me what kind of pistol it was. I had 3 younger guys in lville talking about it. Me and family was eating at whitecastle on outerloop when one of them seen it and told his buddys there was a us marshall sitting down and they needed to "get outto hurr". I dnt achknowledge anyone more then I ever did if they are staring. maybe im just getting crazy as I get into my 30's. Well, that's quite possible actually....

You're not crazy until you've been storm chasing in a M35A2 Deuce-and-a-half.