• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another avenue to push for Constitutional Carry

tomm1963

I have noticed some frustration dealing with politicians regarding a Constitutional Carry Bill, permits, etc. I thought I'd point out another way to apply some pressure. I would suggest contacting the Chairperson of the Republican Resolution Committee in your given county. These are the people who build the party platform and likely have a bit more clout with the Senators and Representatives.

http://www.wisgop.org/about/county-parties-map/

For someone like me who is stuck in The Peoples Republic of Milwaukee I assure you that John Richards and Chris Larson are not going to hear or care about my requests for Constitutional Carry.

I forwarded the proposed law from Opencarry.org http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?86419-Suggested-Constitutional-Carry-legislation to my local Republican Committee and I found out today that they have accepted it at Milwaukee County party level. Now they will try to push it through to the full State Party. These meetings will be taking place in the next week or so. Time is of the essence.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
While privately some of our conservative law makes might agree with Constitutional carry, Publicly they will NEVER support it. They are ALL too afraid of being branded an extremist right now & do not want the Lib minority voting base in their districts turning on the in a few years. We can call, write,email & visit our elected reps all we want to, while in the office they will tell us they will consider supporting it - but they will never vote for it, NEVER .

I write my senator & rep every week or two...and I always get the same response thank you for contacting me office / I will take your request into consideration.....& that means your gonna get a permit system & your gonna like it, because I don't have the ballz to go against the flow, to do whats right & look extreme.

Those 14 that ran away, are not the only yellow Cowards in the state legislature..many of our own are spineless cowards too, like most of them.

Last edited:

civilwarguy

i just spoke with my Rep. today and in his words he is "all for concealed carry with permit but doesn't feel it is for safe it to happen with out permit because of all the drug users and domestic violence people could carry." when i explained to him the law prohibits them from carrying and they are then criminals and aren't going to follow the laws regardless he had a ton of other excuses. :banghead:

Ironically he said he had inherited a gun from his dad and wanted to carry but he wasn't knowledgeable enough about the laws yet to feel comfortable to do so.... I quickly invited him to one of our meet and greets and told him we would be more than happy to teach him the ins and out of it and show him the problems the current laws create we shall see what comes of it.

I also pass along our proposed legislation to him as he had requested as he has never seen it (i know Paul I know!:cuss:)

So here i sit with my fingers crossed.

tomm1963

While privately some of our conservative law makes might agree with Constitutional carry, Publicly they will NEVER support it. They are ALL too afraid of being branded an extremist right now & do not want the Lib minority voting base in their districts turning on the in a few years. We can call, write,email & visit our elected reps all we want to, while in the office they will tell us they will consider supporting it - but they will never vote for it, NEVER .

I write my senator & rep every week or two...and I always get the same response thank you for contacting me office / I will take your request into consideration.....& that means your gonna get a permit system & your gonna like it, because I don't have the ballz to go against the flow, to do whats right & look extreme.

Those 14 that ran away, are not the only yellow Cowards in the state legislature..many of our own are spineless cowards too, like most of them.

Well as far as them be worried about the Lib minority base...the budget repair bill already has their heads a popin.

I appreciate the fact that you call your reps on a regular basis. It is very good for the constituency to make itself heard. Problem is your only one guy on the phone. If 1000 calls came into your reps office he would hear loud and clear. On the other hand had you contributed $200 to his campaign fund and gone to a few fund raisers maybe he'd be hearing you a bit more clearly.

I believe the reason I got results from my local party officials is because I am active in more ways than just a call here and there. I actively solicit signatures for Republicans to get on the ballot in my area (Which ain't much fun here in Liberal Land). I go to fund raisers and meet the candidates and power brokers in the area. I hand checks to people. I am on a first name basis with party members. We go out to dinner together. So when I made a phone call and said could you take a look at this Constitutional Carry Legislation proposal. They said "absolutely". And today I found out it got out of committee here and will be presented to the full party. Sad truth is, and I have said this before on OCDO, Money TALKS - BS walks.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Well as far as them be worried about the Lib minority base...the budget repair bill already has their heads a popin.

I appreciate the fact that you call your reps on a regular basis. It is very good for the constituency to make itself heard. Problem is your only one guy on the phone. If 1000 calls came into your reps office he would hear loud and clear. On the other hand had you contributed $200 to his campaign fund and gone to a few fund raisers maybe he'd be hearing you a bit more clearly.

I believe the reason I got results from my local party officials is because I am active in more ways than just a call here and there. I actively solicit signatures for Republicans to get on the ballot in my area (Which ain't much fun here in Liberal Land). I go to fund raisers and meet the candidates and power brokers in the area. I hand checks to people. I am on a first name basis with party members. We go out to dinner together. So when I made a phone call and said could you take a look at this Constitutional Carry Legislation proposal. They said "absolutely". And today I found out it got out of committee here and will be presented to the full party. Sad truth is, and I have said this before on OCDO, Money TALKS - BS walks.

As a small business owner I have enough bills & living expenses that my play money is down considerably, If had an extra $200.00 for his election & the suggested 40.00 contributions for the many fund raisers I would have donated it..but I am not wealthy, hell not even close. Although Sounds like you could have covered us both :) I am on a First name basis with my Assemblymen also, he called me a week ago I chatted him up for 45 minutes on Concealed carry/ constitutional carry. he understands but is still on the fence. I will keep working on him.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have noticed some frustration dealing with politicians regarding a Constitutional Carry Bill, permits, etc. I thought I'd point out another way to apply some pressure. I would suggest contacting the Chairperson of the Republican Resolution Committee in your given county. These are the people who build the party platform and likely have a bit more clout with the Senators and Representatives.

http://www.wisgop.org/about/county-parties-map/

For someone like me who is stuck in The Peoples Republic of Milwaukee I assure you that John Richards and Chris Larson are not going to hear or care about my requests for Constitutional Carry.

I forwarded the proposed law from Opencarry.org http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?86419-Suggested-Constitutional-Carry-legislation to my local Republican Committee and I found out today that they have accepted it at Milwaukee County party level. Now they will try to push it through to the full State Party. These meetings will be taking place in the next week or so. Time is of the essence.

Thanks for the tip! I just emailed it to the Walworth County Republican chairman. I will follow up with him on how to get it 'endorsed'.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Also use your state legislators Facebook pages to express your wishes. The same for Kohl, Johnson, and your congress person.

tomm1963

Being active pays off

For those of you who remember Krista Burns

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Richards-has-a-changeler-who-supports-the-2nd

Here is an Email she recently sent me.

Be active folks, keep the pressure on at the party level. Her resolution will be introduced to the party but other County Resolutions Committee leaders need to support this as well. Make some calls. Send some emails. Write some checks. Get to meetings.

Hi Tom,
I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten back to you. I've been crazy busy. I'm the Chair of the Resolutions Committee for the South Branch of the Milwaukee Co Republican Party. Last week I was nominated to be the Vice Chair(#2) of the Resolutions Committee for the 4th Congressional District Republican Party. The 4th District is having it's big caucus March 26th at the Wisconsin Athletic Club. One of the purposes of this is to discuss and vote on the resolutions. I'm presiding.

It's interesting to see how the GOP Platform comes about. It starts with nominations from the branches in the County GOP. The resolution committees come up with items they want the state and feds to take up. Each branch votes on their resolutions, then it moves to the County, then moves to the Districts and then the State. We're in the middle of the process.

I've been championing several resolutions; No Taxation Rights for Unelected Boards, No public funds for 501c3 and 501c4 non-profits, Constitutional Concealed Carry(I didn't forget you), Refusing to implement Obama Care, Voter Rights; ID, registration requires proof of citizenship, end same day registration, end 3rd party registration, reform Govt Accountability board. The last resolution is to support Gov Walker's Budget Repair Bill.

I fought against a training element being added to the concealed carry resolution. We included the elimination of the 1000 ft of schools rule and the vehicle transport restrictions. It also mentions lack of permitting and permit fees. I'll attach the exact wording to this email.

You are welcome to come to the caucus. It's 34.95 for party members. It costs $15.00 to join Milwaukee Co Republican Party. You can only participate in the process if you are a Party member. If you don't join, you can listen, but not vote on the resolutions. These caucuses are a great way to get involved and vote on the initiatives that our legislature will be discussing; this is a formal process where the grass roots can have a voice. Many of the new members are 'Tea-party ers' and Libertarians. All are interested in taking back our State and Country.

Walker will be a speaker at 9:15am at the caucus. Costs $100.00 donation to get a picture with him.

Let your buddies know that while I didn't win I'm helping to move the concealed carry cause forward!

Let me know if you need more info..

4th Cong Dist Caucus
When: Sat, March 26, 8:30am – 11:00am
Where: Milwaukee Athletic Club - 758 North Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Mason & Broadway) (map)
Description
WHEN: Sat, March 26, 2010, 8:30am – 11:00am
WHAT: Agenda & Details to follow QUESTIONS: Call Bob Spindell, Chair at 414 276 6331 or email at: CD4.Chairman@Wisgop.Info http://wis4gop.com/

Constitutional Carry Resolution
a. Whereas the Second Amendment states: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." and

b. Whereas law-abiding citizens of the State of Wisconsin are prohibited from concealing and carrying a hand gun; and

c. Whereas Wisconsin's "vehicle transport' statute requires that you transport a gun "unloaded and in a case". impeding the right of a person to protect themselves or their property while occupying a vehicle; and

d. Whereas this requirement establishes unnecessary handling to load and unload the weapon while exiting and entering a vehicle in public parking areas, adding a practical barrier to exercising our rights as free, and law-abiding citizens, and further endangers the citizen should the need to protect themselves and/or their property arise; and

e. Whereas Wisconsin's "Gun Free School Zones" prohibiting the possession of a gun within 1,000 feet of a school premises, is misguided and has failed to prevent criminals from committing crimes within the school zones. Rather, this statute has denied law-abiding citizens living, working, walking and parking near a school zone, the right to protect their person or property when conducting daily activities on or near school zones.

f. NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, by the Republican party of Milwaukee County, that the State of Wisconsin allow law-abiding citizens, who are not felons or otherwise prohibited from owning/possessing a gun to conceal and carry, and open carry without permit, without permit taxes without government registration, and without training; and

g. BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that a law-abiding citizen may have a handgun in a vehicle, in a holster or a case loaded or unloaded in the State of Wisconsin; and

h. BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that a law-abiding citizen may conceal and carry or open carry a legal firearm anywhere in the State of Wisconsin except where prohibited by private property owners.

There you have it. Hope to see you next week.

Krista

protias

So there is still a prohibition on class B liquor license holders and all public buildings?

paul@paul-fisher.com

So there is still a prohibition on class B liquor license holders and all public buildings?

h says ' that a law-abiding citizen may conceal and carry or open carry a legal firearm anywhere in the State of Wisconsin except where prohibited by private property owners.' so it sounds like anywhere. They do not specifically say repeal the restriction on class-b or government buildings, however.