• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Starbuck's robbed by "Concealed" Carrier....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Seattle police arrested a 29-year-old man suspected of robbing a Starbucks in the 13000 block of Aurora Avenue North on Wednesday evening.
Police said the man, wearing a Seattle Mariners cap and carrying a folded newspaper robbed the coffee shop about 6 p.m. He gestured he had a weapon in his waistband, police said.

LINK

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Dohh. For some reason when I read the title of the thread I had assumed it meant a person with a concealed pistol licence robbed a Starbucks.

kenzmad

I doubt that he was legal in his possesion of the firearm. I don't know of any resposible CPL holders that don't have a drawer full of holsters. No reason to carry it in your waistband. Cops got him so one less to worry about for now.

kenzmad

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Interesting. The article implies he had a gun but doesn't actually say anything about the weapon or what it was/may have been. It doesn't even say police found a weapon on him. Either way, it's another bad guy off the streets.

DCKilla

The title of this thread is a bit misleading. "Concealed Carrier" draws my mind into thinking the robber had a CHL. In fact, the article had nothing to do with a concealed weapon, but a fake if anything. I guess the crook couldn't afford a 1911 and was waiting to upgrade after this heist.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Seattle Starbuck's robbed by Concealed Carrier....LINK

Talk about taking liberties, gogo I thought you would be one the last ones trying to divide 2 groups of legal carrying adults.
Nothing in the article comments on any recovery of a weapon or a CPL.

Must have been some dirt bag wearing a Seahawks Hat.

Last edited:

joeroket

Regardless of whether or not he actually had a firearm his attempt in making the barista think he had one apparently succeeded. If convicted of armed robbery he will no longer be able to lawfully purchase/possess a firearm. Thats a good thing if you ask me as this guy is, imo, not someone who is mentally strong enough to be responsible with one.

amlevin

I liked the comment by a reader of the article where he felt HE was robbed by Starbucks when he had to pay $5 for a cup of coffee.

$5 per cup is approximately $80/gallon. And we all bitch about $4/gallon gas. And the Oil Companies have to pay a far more than the few cents/serving for their raw materials.

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Need to change that thread title. It is extremely misleading as to the subject at hand. Criminals are hardly a "Concealed Carrier", they are illegally in possession of a weapon in this case.

o2ryan

I know what happened. Gogo left his computer with OCDO open and some anti he works with posted this to make him look bad, like I do with my buddies when they leave their Facebook open.

I am sure it won't happen again ;)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The thread title is correct. Criminals carry concealed this is evidence that criminals carry concealed or that criminals lie about even having a firearm. Too bad Deros and I weren't there.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
The thread title is correct. Criminals carry concealed this is evidence that criminals carry concealed or that criminals lie about even having a firearm. Too bad Deros and I weren't there.

Law abiding citizens carry concealed as well, lets not group the two elements together and not all criminals carry concealed look at the latest shooting on a Philadelphia city bus, they were open carrying coming up to the bus and opened fire.

Why split hairs, the title for this thread is for shock value.

5918mike

Let me ask you guys something, say you're sitting in a coffee shop or restaurant armed, either open or concealed, and a robber is at the counter demanding the money. He claims to have a firearm but you do not see it. Do you draw and confront to try to stop him? What would you do? Let's say he gets some cash and quickly proceeds towards the door, you still do not see a weapon and he's content to get out of there and flee. Does this change what you do?

JoeSparky

Centurion
Let me ask you guys something, say you're sitting in a coffee shop or restaurant armed, either open or concealed, and a robber is at the counter demanding the money. He claims to have a firearm but you do not see it. Do you draw and confront to try to stop him? What would you do? Let's say he gets some cash and quickly proceeds towards the door, you still do not see a weapon and he's content to get out of there and flee. Does this change what you do?

I may or may not take action, all depends upon too many variables to adequately consider for YOUR hypothetical query. Even electing to do nothing is a DECISION!

Jeff Hayes

The coffee shop or restaurant should have insurance for the theft so as long as he is only taking money and walking out the door I would do nothing to stop him. I dont feel that starting a gun fight in a crowded place over a little money is a good idea. On the other hand if he is getting violant fires a round off or looks like he is going to actually hurt someone he/she going to have a very bad day if I am present. If he directly threatens me or my loved ones his bad day will arrive at something over the speed of sound.

Joe is correct there are too many variables to give you a firm answer, every situation will be different, are there people behind the robber, are you close enough, are there people between you and the bad guy/gal, is law enforcement coming in the door and it goes on and on.

sudden valley gunner

Law abiding citizens carry concealed as well, lets not group the two elements together and not all criminals carry concealed look at the latest shooting on a Philadelphia city bus, they were open carrying coming up to the bus and opened fire.

Why split hairs, the title for this thread is for shock value.

Maybe because many of those who insist on carrying concealed whether licensed or for malicious purposes do it for the same misguided reason of "tactical advantage". :eek:

I have no problem with the post it followed the forum's guidelines to write it like a newspaper headline. It drew us in to read the story.