• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet and Greet, Aurora, June 23rd!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I've seen quite a few folks coming to our forum and asking about some "Meet and Greets". So, guess I'll host a few in the coming weeks so we can accomodate folks who'd like to get together and learn more from those of us with a little OC experience. It is a great opportunity to ask questions, exercise our rights, and enjoy the companionship of like-minded folks!

For starters, I'll be hosting a Meet and Greet for Aurora/Denver, etc...

McAllister's Deli
3471 N. Salida Street,
Ste 10
Aurora, Colorado.
6:00pm

This location is just north of I-70 and Tower Road.
They are OC friendly, and I have spoken with management there, and we'd be welcome.

We just need a number of attendees so they can prepare room for those who wish to attend.

Come on out, and meet up with other OC folks, and enjoy some really terrific food!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wmodavis

Mel
I'd be interested in coming 'cept we're leaving the day before for NYC for my grand daughters HS graduation. Maybe I'll be able to make the next one.
I sure doub't I'll try OCing in Manhatten. Have to take a week long hiatus from packing.
Hope a good group takes you up on this.
Bill

cch10000

Kinda new here but gotta ask why two meets one the same day? I live in twinqs them but looks like Springs is gettin more interest.

CH

M-Taliesin

Kinda new here but gotta ask why two meets one the same day? I live in twinqs them but looks like Springs is gettin more interest.
CH

Howdy CH!
Okay, I'll counter your question with one of my own. Why not two meets in the same day?
Bet that's the sort of snappy retort ya don't hear every day! LOL!

Okay, all seriousness aside:
In order to meet some of those new folks arriving on the forum, and to give them some opportunity to talk with and ask questions of folks who have been OC'ing for awhile longer and can help answer some of those questions and calm those early jitters, it seemed reasonable to have a Meet and Greet for our newer members. Now, for some reason, folks who live and work in the Denver metro area seem to have trouble getting to the M&G's in the springs. Likewise, it can be burdensome for folks in the Springs to make the trip up to the Evil Empire of Denver/Aurora metromess in order to attend a meet and greet. We could host one in the middle somewhere, and folks from both towns would be inconvenienced. Solution... have two, one in each city. Ergo, accomodating newcomers in both Colorado Springs and the Denver metro area with a M&G in the general vicinity.

But wait.... there's more....

I hope to have a M&G in Parker or Castle Rock in the near future, maybe one down in Pueblo area, and am planning a weekend visit to Alamosa to meet with an OC'er. We're going to try stimulating interest down that-a-way in hopes of getting a few folks started OC'ing in the Valley! My pard down there may be bringing another curious person or two along to help kick things off.

In any event, I hope I've answered your question. If not just ask away.
And in the event you do not receive this reply, just let me know and I'll send another!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

I'd be there but I'm moving that day.

Howdy Pard!
Were you not planning to eat at some point?
Why not part with that unpleasant task for an hour and join us for a meal?
Moving doesn't require fasting. In fact, it works better with a bit of feasting! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

cch10000

M-T

Yup why and why not are two sides to a lot of conversations,

I certainly understand the need for more M&G's just thought If they were spread out datewise more folks would show up, can't be in two places at once.

You took another thought right out of typing fingers when you suggested Castle Rock as it is kinda right between the two big metro areas. Might get a lot of folks at that one.

Look forward to meetin everyone

c-ya there

ch

mobiushky

As much as I would LOVE to M&G everyone here, you all happened to pick one of the busiest day of my summer! LOL! Oh well, maybe next time. Hopefully the next one would not be too far along? And Castle Rock is an Excellent idea to my mind. I'm in Parker, so CR is right around the corner for me too.

M-Taliesin

And Castle Rock is an Excellent idea to my mind. I'm in Parker, so CR is right around the corner for me too.

Howdy Amigo!
I will see about putting a M&G together for CR in about a month. First thing I'd need to do is a little research to a friendly venue where we'd all be welcome.
Considering it might pose a hardship to accomodate 20 or so folks all of a sudden like, it is only reasonable to check things out aforehand and let them know of the imminent invasion before it happens! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mobiushky

Howdy Amigo!
I will see about putting a M&G together for CR in about a month. First thing I'd need to do is a little research to a friendly venue where we'd all be welcome.
Considering it might pose a hardship to accomodate 20 or so folks all of a sudden like, it is only reasonable to check things out aforehand and let them know of the imminent invasion before it happens! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

No doubt, totally understandable. I went so far lately to go back into Rocky Mountain and talk to the owner because I had walked in OC and realized I hadn't really bothered to check on store protocol. I apologized to him and mentioned I just felt like maybe I had violated a line. He said no worries, we don't mind it. Then he said, in fact I want you to in case I go down. But then he also thanked me for taking the time to ask and respect his rights too.

cch10000

I'll look around CR and try to find a friendly venue, I know Vilage Inn has a big meeting room our SCV camp uses and they are pretty friendly, don't know about guns there tho, I'll let ya know

entartet17

Howdy Pard!
Were you not planning to eat at some point?
Why not part with that unpleasant task for an hour and join us for a meal?
Moving doesn't require fasting. In fact, it works better with a bit of feasting! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Believe me, I would gladly take a break to enjoy some good food and good company. But realistically, it isn't going to happen. Just too much to do that day.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
We had a terrific 1 on 1 mini-meet with an OC'er in Alamosa yesterday.
Now it is less than a week to the Meet and Greet in Aurora.
I'd like to see a good turn out for this affair.

Let's really make this one a good'n!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Just a reminder that we will have this Meet and Greet this coming Saturday at McAllisters in Aurora.
That translates into "Day after Tomorrow!"

I am getting excited to see folks turn out for this, and the grub at McAllisters is pretty darn good so come on out.

Not much reply to this OC M&G, and I'd like to get a fair head count so I can advise the folks there of our needs for table space.

Saturday, according to the forecast, is supposed to be 100 degrees hot outside. Why not dine in air conditioned comfort with a group of fellow OC'ers?

So chime in, lets get together and talk about OC'ing, discuss issues, and enjoy the company of like minded folks.

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new ones!
Day after tomorrow.
Be there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

Damn.

I had just hit the reply button to type in "I'll be there with +2" and then realized just as it was typed in that I have a previous commitment in Lakewood at the same time.
There's just too much fun stuff to do that I keep wanting to double book myself.
I think I need another me.

Keens

I won't be able to make it to either M&G this time. I have one of my best friends coming to town Sat afternoon and I haven't seen him in a few years. You guys have fun and hopefully I will see you at the next one!

Blessings,

Keens

M-Taliesin

I won't be able to make it to either M&G this time. I have one of my best friends coming to town Sat afternoon and I haven't seen him in a few years. You guys have fun and hopefully I will see you at the next one!
Keens

Howdy Pard!
Hey, your friend doesn't need to eat? Why not bring him along? For that matter, I suspect you'll both want to eat at some point during the day.
Yeah, I know you're all skinny and everything, but hey.... drop by with your friend and take a feed break!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin.