• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle city hall open house. 4/6/13 Sat.

jsanchez

Saturday April 6th, 10 am. to 2 pm, Come meet your favorite anti gun politition, Sally Bagshaw.
TimBurgess, Mayor McGinn.

Your chance to share the love of open carry. coffee, and good down home gun talk with the people who want to take it away from you.

Last edited:

jsanchez

Well 90 of you looked at this thread. Here are some more details.

A large majority of the Seattle city council attended the anti gun rally, ban assault weapons, back in Janurary. All but one, Bruce Harrell, Chair of the Public Safety Committee.

I like Bruce because he lets you speak at public safety committee meeting instead of like Tim Burgess who wants to suppress free speech and only let you talk on a very limited agenda item.

Now Bruce and Tim are running for mayor. Bruce has a conceal carry permit, so he told me, but I've never seen it, so I like to believe its true, but it is really not my business.

Now Tim on the other hand is an ex seattle police homicide detective, so maybe he has one too. But Tim was leading the charge at the anti gun rally.

So we have an opprotunity to have a quiet, fair minded mayor of Seattle, who maybe leans pro gun. I don't know for sure, I haven't researched fully yet.

But Seattle being and anti gun town, what is the smart move for me. The honest approach is to support Bruce as a proud Open Carrier. Or the Macavallein play of showing up at Tim's events open carrying and fien support for him, and thus alienating anti gunners from his campaign.

Who knows? Politics is a crap shoot. But something has to be done to stop the anti gunners, espeacilly in a city with 600,000 and a mass media that is anti gun.

Thats why I could really use your help in attending this event. Thanks for reading.

And we are not going there to cause trouble, but to learn about politics, city government, and boo the mayor if he says anything anti gun in his speach.

Did I mention there is a coffee stand in the Lobby. I will bring Maple Bacon bars from Frost donuts for every Open carrier that shows up.

Flopsweat

Or the Macavallein play of showing up at Tim's events open carrying and fien support for him, and thus alienating anti gunners from his campaign.
Please don't post things like that - it makes us look bad. Win at any cost is not our style. Most of us have ethics. Also, not to defend Machiavelli, but he was not that clumsy and transparent. This would be more of a Biden thing.

jsanchez

Please don't post things like that - it makes us look bad. Win at any cost is not our style. Most of us have ethics. Also, not to defend Machiavelli, but he was not that clumsy and transparent. This would be more of a Biden thing.

You know I wish the world was moral and ran on ethics, but it does not. Biden is the Vice President of the United States.

I was wondering what is flopsweat? So I looked it up....

Definition of FLOP SWEAT : nervous sweat (as of a performer) caused especially by the fear of failing

Flopsweat

You know I wish the world was moral and ran on ethics, but it does not. Biden is the Vice President of the United States.

I was wondering what is flopsweat? So I looked it up....

Definition of FLOP SWEAT : nervous sweat (as of a performer) caused especially by the fear of failing

I will not participate in unethical political tactics even if "All the other kids are doing it". You can have morals and still succeed - it just takes more effort.

EMNofSeattle

Well 90 of you looked at this thread. Here are some more details.

A large majority of the Seattle city council attended the anti gun rally, ban assault weapons, back in Janurary. All but one, Bruce Harrell, Chair of the Public Safety Committee.

I like Bruce because he lets you speak at public safety committee meeting instead of like Tim Burgess who wants to suppress free speech and only let you talk on a very limited agenda item.

Now Bruce and Tim are running for mayor. Bruce has a conceal carry permit, so he told me, but I've never seen it, so I like to believe its true, but it is really not my business.

Now Tim on the other hand is an ex seattle police homicide detective, so maybe he has one too. But Tim was leading the charge at the anti gun rally.

So we have an opprotunity to have a quiet, fair minded mayor of Seattle, who maybe leans pro gun. I don't know for sure, I haven't researched fully yet.

But Seattle being and anti gun town, what is the smart move for me. The honest approach is to support Bruce as a proud Open Carrier. Or the Macavallein play of showing up at Tim's events open carrying and fien support for him, and thus alienating anti gunners from his campaign.

If Tim is retired from the SPD he qualifies under an .060 exception and doesn't need a CPL. also commissioned police officers don't need a CPL, and SPD will allow retired officers to maintain a law enforcement commission by qualifying yearly at their own expense, and will furnish them police equipment and a badge and ID, it's possible that mr. Burgess is technically still an LEO.

jt59

So we should support Bruce Harrell who wants to get rid of state preemption?

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/ar...-could-run-a-state-initiative-for-gun-control

Today, Councilmember Bruce Harrell, Chair of the Council's Public Safety, Civil Rights and Technology Committee, announced that he is calling for a special committee to explore the option of filing a statewide Initiative to allow larger cities like Seattle to modify RCW 9.41.290. RCW 9.41.290 does not allow Seattle to regulate firearms in any meaningful way.

"The Council has stated our gun safety intentions in our last four state legislative agendas. We must re-strategize and we must take this to the people. President Obama said last night, “We can’t tolerate this anymore. These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change…We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and that is true. No single law, no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society, but that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this.”

They say....all cats are gray at night.

JT

Last edited:

jsanchez

So we should support Bruce Harrell who wants to get rid of state preemption?

Yes, but at the end of the video interview I saw he said there was no way of this happening. So why would a conceal carry permit holder want to take his own gun rights away, unless he was just pandering to the anti gun crowd for their votes in the mayors race, but when he said that, he hadn't declared his canidacie yet. I still like him over Burgess, but I see your point and its a very good one.

There are 5 guys running, is any one of them pro-gun?

jsanchez

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/ar...-could-run-a-state-initiative-for-gun-control

Today, Councilmember Bruce Harrell, Chair of the Council's Public Safety, Civil Rights and Technology Committee, announced that he is calling for a special committee to explore the option of filing a statewide Initiative to allow larger cities like Seattle to modify RCW 9.41.290. RCW 9.41.290 does not allow Seattle to regulate firearms in any meaningful way.

"The Council has stated our gun safety intentions in our last four state legislative agendas. We must re-strategize and we must take this to the people. President Obama said last night, “We can’t tolerate this anymore. These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change…We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and that is true. No single law, no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society, but that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely we can do better than this.”

They say....all cats are gray at night.

JT

I love that last part about the cats, so spot on. Yes and I agree with you that the council and President are both pushing hard for what they want.

Thats why I think it is very important to seize this opprotunity to go to city hall and tell them the old way is the best way. To argue the pro gun side. If we don't show up, they win.

And God forbid there is a mass shooting in this state, well CeaseFire has already had life breathed back into their almost dead group. Now is the time to make headway, to stop their momentum.

I was living in Oakland Ca, when the Stockton school yard shooting happened. The anti's momemtun carried the day, and we lost our gun rights.

jsanchez

If Tim is retired from the SPD he qualifies under an .060 exception and doesn't need a CPL. also commissioned police officers don't need a CPL, and SPD will allow retired officers to maintain a law enforcement commission by qualifying yearly at their own expense, and will furnish them police equipment and a badge and ID, it's possible that mr. Burgess is technically still an LEO.

I don't know if he retired from the dept. He may have just left.

Last edited:

Difdi

oxymoron: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect

I'm not sure that I can tell the difference....

It may well be true that if you're not cheating you're not trying...but if cheating is the only way you could possibly win, then you're better off giving up and going home. For the good of everyone.

DamonK

It may well be true that if you're not cheating you're not trying...but if cheating is the only way you could possibly win, then you're better off giving up and going home. For the good of everyone.

I have to disagree. First, it's not cheating, it's playing their game their way. Second, we won our nation's independence by cheating. Sometimes you have to do what is nessicary to prevent the enemy from taking the day. Make no mistake, this is a fight that we find ourselves in. We may not be fighting in the streets, but we are fighting none the less. And when our enemy fights as dirty as ours does, you have to be willing to get dirty yourself. Or take you principles to the grave.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

jsanchez

Not sure. Is the plan still to try to perpetrate a clumsy and transparent lie?

Flopsweat, that idea was just me throwing an idea out there, as a tactic to use at a political rally, not this event. I shouldn't think out loud, it just makes confusion. My bad.

This event is go there, be nice, be scene, have freindly conversations to persuade people to our side, set a good example of open carry.

Help people get comfortable with open carry.

Last edited:

jsanchez

I have to disagree. First, it's not cheating, it's playing their game their way. Second, we won our nation's independence by cheating. Sometimes you have to do what is nessicary to prevent the enemy from taking the day. Make no mistake, this is a fight that we find ourselves in. We may not be fighting in the streets, but we are fighting none the less. And when our enemy fights as dirty as ours does, you have to be willing to get dirty yourself. Or take you principles to the grave.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

+1,000,000

This guy is right on. You all need to wake up to whats going on.

jsanchez

So this is what is going to happen. This event starts at 10am, goes to 2pm.

Just come, stay 15 minutes, and then go on with your day.

There's a big beautiful lobby, two story, with a creek running through it.

Coffee stand.

Birtha Knight room, all city depts. and community groups will have tables set up.

The mayor gives a speech for 15 minutes sometime in the 4 hours.

I'm bringing the maple bacon bars, so I need a honest head count of whose coming.

Check out this web site for more info.

http://www.seattle.gov/openhouse2013/

Last edited: