• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

concealed-weapons-permits-of-15-states-to-be-accepted-in-nevada

Dreamer

According to testimony given by MD State Police in the MD General Assembly concerning establishing reciprocity for other state's permits, the process for investigating permit applications is SO comprehensive in MD--and ALL other states are so woefully inept and ineffectual that it is their opinion that NO other state's permitting requirements measure up to MDs, even though MD has no range qualification requirement or classroom training requirement...

So, by the MSPs logic, EVERY state in the union should recognize MDs permits,because they are so super-duper flawless and so far above every other state in stringency and depth of investigation...

The problem with that is that ANYONE who knows anything about the permitting process in MD knows that it has WAY more to do with who you know, and how much money you donate to the Governor's campaign fund that criminal backgrounds, civic responsibility, or reputation...

Is it any surprise that NV doesn't recognize MD permits?

Last edited:

mekender

According to testimony given by MD State Police in the MD General Assembly concerning establishing reciprocity for other state's permits, the process for investigating permit applications is SO comprehensive in MD--and ALL other states are so woefully inept and ineffectual that it is their opinion that NO other state's permitting requirements measure up to MDs, even though MD has no range qualification requirement or classroom training requirement...

So, by the MSPs logic, EVERY state in the union should recognize MDs permits,because they are so super-duper flawless and so far above every other state in stringency and depth of investigation...

The problem with that is that ANYONE who knows anything about the permitting process in MD knows that it has WAY more to do with who you know, and how much money you donate to the Governor's campaign fund that criminal backgrounds, civic responsibility, or reputation...

Is it any surprise that NV doesn't recognize MD permits?

That is ok, MD is likely to get their ass handed to them in the courts over their permitting process or lack thereof.

Dreamer

That is ok, MD is likely to get their ass handed to them in the courts over their permitting process or lack thereof.

Yeah, and I'm sure that, just like Washington DC and Chicago IL, they will IMMEDIATELY become a "Gold Star State"... :banghead:

The only thing that SAF's lawsuit in MD will do if SAF wins, is to guarantee SAF has 10 years of guaranteed continuous lawsuits in MD and Federal Courts...

Good work if you can get it.

Meanwhile, the Good People of MD will continue to sail in the same disarmed failboat they have been shanghi'd on for the last several decades...

Last edited:

MKEgal

The states agreed to at the May 5 meeting are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee and West Virginia
How'd they come up with that list?
I don't see a commonality among them. Training varies widely.
Unless they're all resident-only permits?
And WTF difference does that make? If I pass a background check, I pass a background check, no matter whether it's run by/in WI or UT or FL.

Dreamer

And WTF difference does that make? If I pass a background check, I pass a background check, no matter whether it's run by/in WI or UT or FL.

I believe that ALL these states ONLY issue to residents (except RI, which doesn't appear to have a residence requirement, but being "may issue" probably doesn't issue permits to non-residents, much like other "may issue" states). Perhaps that is the common thread...

Last edited:

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran

az does issue to non res...I have one...:-D

dmatting

yeh but NC doesnt do non res permits...

If HB650 gets signed, it looks as though NC will recognize all out of state CC permits:

14‑415.24. Reciprocity; out‑of‑state handgun permits.

(a) A valid concealed handgun permit or license issued by another state is valid in North Carolina.

(b) [removed]

(c) Every 12 months after the effective date of this subsection, the Department of Justice shall make written inquiry of the concealed handgun permitting authorities in each other state as to: (i) whether a North Carolina resident may carry a concealed handgun in their state based upon having a valid North Carolina concealed handgun permit and (ii) whether a North Carolina resident may apply for a concealed handgun permit in that state based upon having a valid North Carolina concealed handgun permit. The Department of Justice shall attempt to secure from each state permission for North Carolina residents who hold a valid North Carolina concealed handgun permit to carry a concealed handgun in that state, either on the basis of the North Carolina permit or on the basis that the North Carolina permit is sufficient to permit the issuance of a similar license or permit by the other state.

The above is how the law would read after it is passed (the bill shows what is taken out). It looks pretty cut and dry.

ABNinfantryman

I believe NC recognizes more than FL

I hear that line from every new soldier that gets their concealed permit, because they say it in the class, but alas its not true.

NC - 34
FL - 35 recognize FL's permit, but because Vermont doesn't have a permit they can't extend reciprocity to its citizens unless they have a non resident permit of Florida or another state which Florida recognizes.

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

I hear that line from every new soldier that gets their concealed permit, because they say it in the class, but alas its not true.

NC - 34
FL - 35 recognize FL's permit, but because Vermont doesn't have a permit they can't extend reciprocity to its citizens unless they have a non resident permit of Florida or another state which Florida recognizes.

Getting ready to get my Florida permit. Going to SECU tomorrow to get the form notarized, then heading over to Walgreens to get a passport photo taken. The Florida permit actually ends up being cheaper than the NC permit since it's valid for 7 years. Plus you can take a cheaper NRA course instead of the 8-hour NC class.

EricDailey X-NRA

Not open carry topic

This post and the link in it are not about open carry.

FORUM RULES
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.