• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maple Vally Wa. Marine shoots theif

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Own...ft-suspect-in-gunfire-exchange-225001512.html

MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. – A suspected truck thief was shot and killed in Maple Valley Tuesday morning after deputies say he was shot by the truck’s owner.
It happened just after midnight in the 23600 block of 219th Place SE.
King County sheriff’s deputies say a man and a woman arrived at the scene in another vehicle that was stolen from Kent. The pair was allegedly trying to steal or prowl a pickup truck when the owner came out from a family gathering and confronted them.
A struggle ensued and several shots were fired.
The male suspect was dead when deputies arrived. The female suspect and the truck owner were not hurt.
The surviving suspect was taken into custody. She has a felony warrant for burglary.

I just saw this on the news. Good on you Marine. A US Marine defended a woman during a robbery, robber dead, accomplice in custody. Woman and Marine fine. No charges are expected.

Last edited:

bebop4one

That is a great story and great example of how being armed can save your life or the lives of your loved ones. The marine even went the extra mile and tried to perform CPR on the man who attacked him. Class act in my book. Unfortunate someone had to die but at least it was the bad guy and nobody else was hurt.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The aunt really should not be talking to anyone at this point but her nephew's lawyer.

Anytime you have the cops around, even if it is not regarding you, zip your lip.

Loose lips sink ships

Alpine

This happened just down the road from me. MV is becoming noted for dead crooks. The latest news report I saw showed the marine was not being held.

amlevin

Another story with a happy ending.

Maybe there should be one of those signs like they use on the jobsites that say "## days since the last time loss accident" added at the entrance to the Maple Valley area. This sign should say "## days since the last thief was shot ". A second line could be added for the number of days since the last one was killed.

All I can say is "good work Marine".

davidmcbeth

Banned
That is a great story and great example of how being armed can save your life or the lives of your loved ones. The marine even went the extra mile and tried to perform CPR on the man who attacked him. Class act in my book. Unfortunate someone had to die but at least it was the bad guy and nobody else was hurt.

The aunt went to do CPR ... I'm sure the Marine did not care about the guy's health. More likely concerned about blood stains in his sweet, sweet ride (lol).

looks like the perp was in the truck, which could be considered a lethal instrument. I see the Marine having no formal charges against him.

bebop4one

The aunt went to do CPR ... I'm sure the Marine did not care about the guy's health. More likely concerned about blood stains in his sweet, sweet ride (lol).

looks like the perp was in the truck, which could be considered a lethal instrument. I see the Marine having no formal charges against him.

Ah my bad, I just re-read. Even so, good on her for trying to save the guy. I saw her on the news and she looked absolutely terrified.