• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

name something that you're thankful for

stealthyeliminator

I'm thankful for my job

Oh and thankful for this forum and the staff that keep it running even though I complain a lot about Grapeshot :D

Last edited:

RK3369

I'm thankful for..............

living in a country where we have a bill of rights. There are many places in the world where you have no rights to do or say anything.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm thankful for the efforts of the great philosophers of the last 40,000 years who've lighted the way to freedom and a better world.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'm thankful I wasn't the first one targeted in a robbery today.

Because it's only a matter of time, right? :)

09jisaac

living in a country where we have a bill of rights. There are many places in the world where you have no rights to do or say anything.

I too am thankful for useless, outdated lists that many people pay little attention to.

It is not the list that insures our rights, it is the people who work to preserve and enhance them. That is what I am thankful for.

Brace

It's worth noting that rights are largely redundant if you're a member of the ethnicity/religion/political faction/etc in charge. Sort of by definition, rights are only useful for the people the rest of society would be killing if it weren't illegal.

09jisaac

It's worth noting that rights are largely redundant if you're a member of the ethnicity/religion/political faction/etc in charge. Sort of by definition, rights are only useful for the people the rest of society would be killing if it weren't illegal.

No.

sudden valley gunner

No was the best answer to this.

Rights are inherit to individuals at all times.

Do you have the right to life? Does this mean someone can't murder you ? Does the ability erase the right? Does the murderer have redundant rights?

Brace

I wasn't talking about the existence of rights, just the functionality of them. Money is also redundant to a king. That doesn't make money bad or not-exist. Sorry for being too nuanced, I guess.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I wasn't talking about the existence of rights, just the functionality of them. Money is also redundant to a king. That doesn't make money bad or not-exist. Sorry for being too nuanced, I guess.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I knew what you were talking about, or more precisely, knew what you likely meant.

Readers,

The qualifiers Brace tossed in to that first post are the clue.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Back to the thread topic.

I am thankful for egg sandwiches. I'll be thankful when manufacturers start making very small frying pans with lids so I can make a proper egg sandwich.

I'll sing their praises when they routinely make a square skillet the size of a bread slice with a matching lid.

Last edited: