• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Twist to Missing Man from Virginia

TFred

I just saw the updates to this story tonight. The news is now reporting that the missing man may have been carrying a handgun. I don't know why they think that. He was planning to go into DC, so if he was a CHP holder, he should know he can't carry there.

Certainly bears watching this story. At first the media was trying to cast suspicion on "slugging," which is stupid. Far more risk walking around in DC than from slugging.

TFred

New clues revealed as police continue search for missing Virginia dad

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just saw the updates to this story tonight. The news is now reporting that the missing man may have been carrying a handgun. I don't know why they think that. He was planning to go into DC, so if he was a CHP holder, he should know he can't carry there.

Certainly bears watching this story. At first the media was trying to cast suspicion on "slugging," which is stupid. Far more risk walking around in DC than from slugging.

TFred

Withdrawing money from an ATM should provide a security tape.

Me thinks this does not bode well.

TFred

Withdrawing money from an ATM should provide a security tape.

Me thinks this does not bode well.
I agree. They did say in earlier reports that the text message they received during the 10AM hour had content which they believe could only have come from him. I haven't seen any particular details reported on the ATM transaction.

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Duck! Flying pig alert

Buckley, who was completing his PhD in microbiology, may have a handgun with him, police said. But they added he was “absolutely no danger to anyone.”

I demand - DEMAND, I say - to see that written in each and every other article that discusses the fact that someone possessed a firearm unless that person also is alleged to have made a specific threat[ening action] towards another person.

I'll be over in the corner timing how long snowballs survive while waiting for that to happen.

stay safe.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I demand - DEMAND, I say - to see that written in each and every other article that discusses the fact that someone possessed a firearm unless that person also is alleged to have made a specific threat[ening action] towards another person.

I'll be over in the corner timing how long snowballs survive while waiting for that to happen.

stay safe.

Well, but he's from Virginia, right? Ergo, carrying a handgun.

Marco

TFred

^emphasis mine

Now, why would you think that (reference to the bold section)??
How many chper's come here asking the most basic of questions that should have been covered in their class or during their research to insure they were legal. Have we not had chper's that wondered across enemy lines only to ask LEO where could they store their firearm while visiting their fine city.

Last edited:

HPmatt

We had some friends - husband went missing around 1990. He was a lawyer, was in NYC and disappeared from his hotel.
Ross Perot's security guys researched it, figured he just walked out on family - typical when someone 'disappears in NYC'. Community/church helped raise his family, sent kids to college, etc. Found him a few years back living in WV/NC area - dummy contacted Texas regarding his law license.

Don't know if this is the issue here or the guy was just off his meds or got some bad 'shrooms...